Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Introducing the "Trawler" class!

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT

BMBMSay hello to the Navy's newest vessel, "The Trawler Class," coming to WWII Online in our next game update! If you missed our live stream event, not to worry we've got some screenshots and information about the trawlers in this article. One thing can be said for sure, the main anti-aircraft gun on the trawlers will absolutely eat aircraft alive as we demonstrated today. Vehicle production of this nature is made possible by your subscriptions, subscribe now at http://account.wwiionline.com. Let's take a look at the new trawlers!

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=u6ygiSDXZV4:E6SkeAKsOLg:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=u6ygiSDXZV4:E6SkeAKsOLg:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=u6ygiSDXZV4:E6SkeAKsOLg:F7zBnMyn0Lo
u6ygiSDXZV4

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

Whee!

Course I think the DD is much more survivable with high speed turns, but tough to execute those AND AA to protect TTs.

This beast forces you to AA or die.

54 minutes ago, delems said:

Also, concerned 12 knots will be too slow.

Most boats that size i believe would be diesel.....they would be hard pressed indeed to make more than 8

Perhaps a underwater forward base at the 12 mile marker would fit in nicely...............

1 minute ago, sideout said:

Most boats that size i believe would be diesel.....they would be hard pressed indeed to make more than 8

Perhaps a underwater forward base at the 12 mile marker would fit in nicely...............

well Isle class trawlers were capable of 12 knots.  I would suggest these models are based on them. 

trawler1.jpg

No idea what is possible, but it seems like an idea way to do ships would be for there to be "hardpoints" on the model where different versions could have different weapons (loadouts). That could be a way to leverage a design. In fact, include a hardpoint where the bridge is, and the stack, then you could even change the look of them (a taller stack on one, different shape on another, higher vs lower bridge, etc. Deck gun vs AAA, whatever.

Is there a way to enable trawler spawning at all ports.......... unless the port is specifically on a river?

What about adding a medium depth port for trawlers?  Then just have to code all ports not on river as medium, while leaving the deep alone?

And then allow trawler to spawn at medium depth port or deep water port?

I think the travel time at 12 knots is too long with existing deep water ports.

ALSO, so we get towed Flakverling and Sd Kfz 7/1 soon :)

• Like 2

If that trawler is 7500 tons as you state , something ain't right. Should be the size of a cruiser , so either your pr blurb or your modelling is wrong. Either case how could a trawler with a couple of pop guns be the heaviest naval asset in game. You just fill me with confidence at every stroke.

How long is the trawler?

Was that maybe supposed to be 750 tons?

This trawler looks very much like the M class boats, mine sweepers.  The M1940.

Change the 75mm to 105mm and add one 37mm and you basically have a M1940 minesweeper for axis.

Which btw, had a 16-18 knot speed depending on class.

Looks very cool. I like the concept chosen as well as nice job to whomever did the modeling.

However, it can't be 7500 in displacement. I think perhaps it was meant to be 750. The DD in game should only be circa 3000. 7500 is light cruiser territory. 

But again, nice work. Im excited for it.

After more thinking, the trawler needs to be available at all ports.

Think of the fun, Goris, Boz, Kamper, Veere, krab, graven......

Somehow have to exclude the river ports though.  (or, allow it at river ports until they can be excluded -- hopes jwilly has medical insurance)

Even if speed bumped to 16 or 18, too slow to only come from deep water ports imo.

7 hours ago, delems said:

Looks great, the brit flag looks a bit odd.

Also, concerned 12 knots will be too slow.

Are players able to board them?

12 knots was pushing it, most did 8-10. Ours does slightly more to bring it closer to (ahistoric) TT speed.

It’s walkable, if you can find a way to drop into it. It’s not meant for troop transport.

6 hours ago, tater said:

trawler1.jpg

No idea what is possible, but it seems like an idea way to do ships would be for there to be "hardpoints" on the model where different versions could have different weapons (loadouts). That could be a way to leverage a design. In fact, include a hardpoint where the bridge is, and the stack, then you could even change the look of them (a taller stack on one, different shape on another, higher vs lower bridge, etc. Deck gun vs AAA, whatever.

Yup. I cranked these at blitz speed, hence the similarity. 

LOL yeah, 750 tons. 

5 hours ago, delems said:

Is there a way to enable trawler spawning at all ports.......... unless the port is specifically on a river?

What about adding a medium depth port for trawlers?  Then just have to code all ports not on river as medium, while leaving the deep alone?

And then allow trawler to spawn at medium depth port or deep water port?

That’s the idea. Didn’t make it that far this time around.

Please go and fix the PR blurb

WEIGHT, SPEED, AND MANEUVERABILITY

All trawlers are about 7,500 Tons and have a speed of 12 knots. Maneuverability is acceptable but this is now the heaviest ship in the fleet, so consider your turns carefully in advance.

I know, But it just looks bad and as we know from the forum the 'devil is in the detail'. I guess that CRS uses the Meatloaf PR company where 2 out of 3 aint bad :D