Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

BMBM

Easter Eggs

BMBM

In this release. Surprised that they’ve not been found yet :D

delems

Terrain? Seen some. (towns, bridges, rivers, bldgs)

AI?  A few here too.

Or give us a hint.......

saffroli
1 hour ago, BMBM said:

i saw a building on the coast by breskens, thats definitely new

TR6AL

Yes , there are a few "undocumented " add ins and subtle changes . Next patch should see more. 

BMBM

Hint: Vehicle edits and addendums.

fidd

You've hidden my Universal Carrier, havn't you?! :mad:

dre21
8 hours ago, BMBM said:

LOL  , wasn't there something of the likes that everything is in the read me at all times, that CRS never adds or takes away or changes things without having it in the read me.

Funny .

• Haha 2

BMBM

If we listed every change/bugfix/addition the readme would be five pages long, in fine print. 

halsey

I saw the river between knokke and breskins

DOC
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, BMBM said:

If we listed every change/bugfix/addition the readme would be five pages long, in fine print. 

Just for the record, we'd have printed it. *thumbs up* 

*runs away, weaving*

Edited by DOC
  • Haha 1

jwilly
2 hours ago, dre21 said:

CRS never adds or takes away or changes things without having it in the read me.

Both old CRS and current CRS have said that multiple times.

OTOH, this is by no means the first time that a patch has included "Easter Eggs".

blggles
Posted (edited)

H33zT6M.png?1

Nice work. Shot down a stuka with it. That's a pic from an Achilles which I had parked at the side of the sea, where I eventually heard the plashing of the waves. I don't know when that entered the game, but I can't recall having heard it before. Nice touch.

But ya still gotta get rid of the opaque muzzle flash, and make it shake, rattle and roll, baby!

Edited by blggles
  • Like 1

OLDZEKE

World War II Online
Version 1.36.7.0 - September 2020
=========================================

This game update includes several new vehicles (marking 3 roadmap deliveries), including the first Ship in WWII Online in almost 15 years (Trawler)! SPAA’s will be available at Tier 0. Urban Building damage states are also reactivated, which means big city buildings can be destroyed (12 years since this has been possible). There are other several good Bug Fixes including a major STO related crash and many artwork polish related items.

• Like 1

jwilly

Zeke says the Polish Army, Navy and Air Force have been added. Neat!

• Haha 2

OLDZEKE

We try to give mention in the readme to changes made. We don’t always go in depth to list every texture change...ie building textures update rather than urbld01, urbld02 roof and wall textures updated. 

TR6AL

Same goes with adding or moving buildings and trees etc .. would get tedious describing where trees got added .

stankyus

Smoke grenade launcher from the commander position on the matty

• Like 1

BMBM

’Ding’

greyman

Coming soon to a Light VI, Cruiser IV, Daimler, and Carrier near you?

ZEBBEEE

If ATG had smoke rounds that would be nice as well, these are the most vulnerable and at the same time could annoy enemy tanks efficiently while tanks are flanking 

BMBM
1 hour ago, greyman said:

Coming soon to a Light VI, Cruiser IV, Daimler, and Carrier near you?

Yes. All tanks that had smoke projectors will get them in due order.

ZEBBEEE

Some german tanks had this as well:

Smoke shells are fired from the 75-mm guns of the Pz. Kpfw. IV's [1], and also, it is reported, from 88-mm guns on other armored vehicles. Smoke shells are not fired by the Pz. Kpfw. II [2] or the Pz. Kpfw. III [3], both of which are equipped to discharge "smoke pots" with a range of approximately 50 yards. These pots are released electrically, and are employed chiefly to permit the tank to escape when caught by antitank fire.

https://www.lonesentry.com/articles/smokeshelltactics/index.html

Interesting: The Tiger appeared to also have a device that allowed it to “pop” an explosive the size of a large hand grenade over the tank to kill nearby infantry.

Some ATG definitely had some:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordnance_QF_17-pounder

BMBM

All tanks that had smoke projectors, internal or external, will get them. I haven’t specifically looked at the nahkampsverteidigungswaffe yet.

• Like 2

james10
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, ZEBBEEE said:

Interesting: The Tiger appeared to also have a device that allowed it to “pop” an explosive the size of a large hand grenade over the tank to kill nearby infantry.

Yes that is true. it was related to the S-mine and was fixed to the four corners of the vehicle. Additionally some later vehicles, Tiger included had a roof mounted but inMternally reloaded and operated discharger as well. SMK and anti-personal rounds. Nahverteidigungswaffe. The tiger in some versions had smoke dischargers fitted to the turret, 3 each side. I have seen images of PzII with what looks like 4 rifle cup grenade launchers fitted to the track covers as well.

Cheers

Edited by james10

dre21
20 hours ago, BMBM said:

OK I'll buy the bugfix and addition argument , but the CHANGE one is a big deal.

Apparently the sapper spot on the Matilda has changed ( haven't had a chance to try but Kareca did see his post in the Forum)

Well that is a big deal if true , why cause we were repeatedly told by CRS that sap spots never change without being in the read me or we were told sap spot have never changed .

And if the player bases addresses it we are told we have no clue what we are talking about . So you can imagine that it irks me a ton .