Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

AXIS AWARDS

sideout

One of the tasks ive been given by CINC is to refresh our Awards program as best we can, knowing there is a rollout of new HC Tools to include Awards coming down the pike. The current system that the game employs for managing awards is broken, and frankly it makes no sense for CRS to fix whats broke when the permanent solution is in Beta (so I've been told). 

The very first comment i would make about our AWARDS is that as we make changes (quite frankly we had 19 awards basically for the same thing) we will be retiring some awards, repurposing some others, and generally trying to bring some new, historically accurate, things to the game.

First........if you have received an award in the past, and you no longer see it in the awards display, RELAX. you still earned that reward. We are NOT taking away from anything earned previously!

If you have any questions or concerns, pm me directly or contact me in game.

What you will see this week:

1. Rollout of the iconic Iron Cross (did you know there were 9 different versions that you could win?) Yes we have versions of the Iron cross now, and a german cross etc, which as stated we will be repurposing.

2. i'll be posting some data for you to read about the Iron Cross (3.5 Mil were given out during ww2) and how we will be using it, and where your squad leaders will play a part.

3. will be rolling out a luftwaffe only, historically accurate, Luftwaffe Honor Goblet, that was given out by the CO of the Luftwaffe at his/her discretion. This should cause some interest among the pilots.

4.  will be rolling out competency badges in bronze, silver, gold, (historically accurate for many)

The Iron Cross historically went across all services of the German military. This award is for valor, and it is also for doing something above and beyond. It is progressive, meaning you have to have the second class to get the first, and so on. There will be a certain honor system, just like now, for these awards. We are hoping to get to the point where we publish one weekly Post for all awards for the week. excepting for those very special call outs to be done by CINC.

My goal is to review every individual award. Googs and Shagher want to look at each section, and examine the criteria to win and so on. Our aim is to publish what we have done, to show the award itself, and the criteria for its usage.

S!

• 1 month later...