Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Updating Urban Buildings

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Mkw

Hello WWII Online players! One of the tasks we have on the Production team is to reimage some of the urban buildings now that we have been able to reactivate their damage states for the first time in many years. This means we'll be updating the "standing" (or non-damaged building state) as well as the "destroyed" (or secondary damaged building state). We want to expand the possibility for players, specifically, infantry to maneuver through buildings and flank enemy forces because for far too long, you've been going down kill funnels. Today I'd like to share with you some work I've been doing on the urban building (01). Thanks to your subscription support, efforts like these are made possible. Subscribe at http://account.wwiionline.com to help us do more.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=KgqFolJ9c2Q:wnLqoYwqtu0:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=KgqFolJ9c2Q:wnLqoYwqtu0:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=KgqFolJ9c2Q:wnLqoYwqtu0:F7zBnMyn0Lo
KgqFolJ9c2Q

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Like 3

As someone who loves to use a kill funnel.....boo!

As someone often mowed down in kill funnels...hoorah!

How I feel about posts using the phrase "kill funnels":

merciless louise belcher GIF by Bob's Burgers

As a bomber pilot, I appreciate any incentive for infantry to spend more time inside buildings which have damage states and thus can be bombed. Nice work!

Where are the entrances? Multiple ways in and out on different sides create tunnels, making any sort of ground holding in an urban setting less possible.

That feels authentic....histories from Stalingrad, Battle of Berlin....they're rife with stories of porous urban terrain.  It will suck, but in a more fun way.  Tank thunder runs through town will get a lot less thunderous.

• 2 months later...

New buildings are interesting.

groundhog-day-different-1200x675.jpg

The fire escapes to the roofs are certainly fun, though it makes our dispersed, whack-a-mole style play worse in some ways. I got a bunch of kills from rooftops tonight and it felt almost like cheating to be honest. Firing from the roof would feel much better if it was not so easy to do from what should really be enemy territory.