Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

SPIES.

drkmouse

Was  this certain  palyer who allwys came off my  ms  looked at map then  despwned,  an a certan othre palyer would show up at teh ms  wihtin 5 min ( everytime) and blow or camp it.

one  good old pm to a rat who was on and showd what was goign on,  no thad that problem in past  2 mpas ;)

Kilemall
20 hours ago, sorella said:

So if you leave CPs unguarded there are no spies because no one knows you are the spy. And if you guard CPs you get  dead spies who no one knows were spies because they're dead?  Hence no spies, right?

Except for Finnish spies maybe.

The amazing story of Finland in World War II, 1939-1945 - Rare Historical  Photos

Antlers for make good antenna.

dijpa

MOST of the time its because of watching the map, checking fbs, or simply hearing opels during your own fb takedown mission. it takes seconds to switch from town to town now, get a mission up and listen... then move on. The first thing I do when I logon is check the AO/DOs, spawn in to check the DO spawns are guarded, then check all FB statuses... some people (and I'm not the only one) are extremely active in monitoring the map. It may be frustrating that you cant zerg every town that you AO without resistance, but you have to expect the enemy will be waiting for you, sometimes.

tater
7 hours ago, dijpa said:

MOST of the time its because of watching the map, checking fbs, or simply hearing opels during your own fb takedown mission. it takes seconds to switch from town to town now, get a mission up and listen... then move on. The first thing I do when I logon is check the AO/DOs, spawn in to check the DO spawns are guarded, then check all FB statuses... some people (and I'm not the only one) are extremely active in monitoring the map. It may be frustrating that you cant zerg every town that you AO without resistance, but you have to expect the enemy will be waiting for you, sometimes.

Of course if there are troops in town (ie: if it has any garrison or BDE), then the enemy should be waiting for you all the time.

saffroli
On 10/18/2020 at 6:18 AM, sorella said:

So if you leave CPs unguarded there are no spies because no one knows you are the spy. And if you guard CPs you get  dead spies who no one knows were spies because they're dead?  Hence no spies, right?

Wat? I'm just explaining a situation where a level of spying can actually have a severe negative effect other than a proactive defence whether via legit information or not. The point being if you spy by using an alt in an enemy mission and you only ever join big missions, nobody would ever be able to track your down. Your main account would be capping uncontested facilities whilst your alt slips into mission list oblivion amongst the crowd of people, hell you could even put him in the bunker "guarding" to see all map marks of the friendly forces and if you use a second pc with a VPN there's literally NO way they could ever catch you doing it unless you slipped up.

Worst still and I have seen this happen, that someone in a spawn cp has been afk whilst guarding and had it capped from underneath them and they've [enemy and friendly] both been in the cp simultaneously.

So it's entirely possible to do it with an alt account "guarding" something only for it to be capped. To any friendly looking at the map for defensive weaknesses it looks like a guarded cp/bunker so they just avoid it and go look elsewhere.

I've also seen players in the bunker behind the table to make it look like [on the map] they're in the radio room only to let 5 ei in. No hard evidence to call them a spy but all roads sure point to it....

Had plenty of grade A interdiction frus get busted or found out after a green tag joined my mission and left though. And i don't mean, stu drove circles til he found it, i mean drove A to B but again, no proof so you just have to take it on the chin really... 

jwrona
22 hours ago, drkmouse said:

Was  this certain  palyer who allwys came off my  ms  looked at map then  despwned,  an a certan othre palyer would show up at teh ms  wihtin 5 min ( everytime) and blow or camp it.

one  good old pm to a rat who was on and showd what was goign on,  no thad that problem in past  2 mpas ;)

What about the guy who got caught (twice) .takelead-ing allied FMS and deleting them... and still plays the game. *gasp* 

saffroli
21 minutes ago, jwrona said:

What about the guy who got caught (twice) .takelead-ing allied FMS and deleting them... and still plays the game. *gasp* 

Names or it didn't happen

drkmouse
41 minutes ago, jwrona said:

happens both sides:P lost a fms once that way

dijpa

even the best hidden ems can be given away by newb rifleman firing at the wrong time. I've had greentags join my ms in the middle of nowhere then had a 232 come camp it shortly after... its not evidence of spying though, sometimes greentags are newbies and they literally spawn in throw a smoke nade, shoot at their own players then despawn or nade themselves... there re players on allied that constantly leave a pair of toons logged in afk all day... when you only have 3-4 active online to defend against a dozen axis, are those 2 afk players included in spawn delay/cap timer calculations? Are they spies? who knows... 

saffroli

I think AFK in general can cause SD overpop situations which is bad news

tater

If MSPs had on-sides rules, there would be less requirement to be sneaky about them. You'd demonstrate that that ground was friendly territory (and worthy of "force massing," not "a teleporter") by holding it. Spying would matter less (or not at all).

If towns supposedly garrisoned with troops actually had a defense before the town was already overrun with enemy spying would matter less, or not at all.

Spying is a problem principally because the game rewards "sneaky" play that is sneaky/useful only because of arbitrary game mechanics. If sneaky and 360° attacks were not a thing, then meta scale spying would be more of the problem (map level stuff).

blakeh

There is no spying in this game. Call it for what it is, cheating!

Don't dignify it in anyway.

• Like 1

Tatonka

Ok same guy at Thulin  , he is outside of town not moving in . Just in range so he can see his side in town.  Every time I kill someone , some one enters the building im in . He cant find me, cause Im on the roof .  So  I msg the newbie, and say " you move like some ones second account "  he then spawns out :(  

delems

Be sure to report him.