Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

dwalin

How can we fix the community?

foe2
3 minutes ago, TheCat said:

100% agree,   I just don't want the baby to be thrown out with the bathwater    the ability  to pop over and troll spowie  about his football team   combat tactics is essential. 

Agreed I really wanted to tell how much I was enjoying sapping his tanks the other day in Pville. He was just so obliging.

fidd
2 hours ago, XOOM said:

I noticed this sometime ago and made a rather large post about it. Take a look, similar things said, though I was mainly focusing on the forums. Also notice the outcome:

At the risk of "excommunication", isn't it against forum TOS to quote a locked thread?

Dunno what the place is coming to! 

<grin>

• Like 1

fidd

To answer the posed question, "simple": Make periods playing the other side mandatory, or desireable, I've played both sides in campaigns for many years. Aside from anything else, if you don't you're only playing half a game. Playing for the other side makes you realise that there's not the tenth-part of a tithe of a half-farthing's difference between the players on one side or the other. 

• Thanks 1

TheCat
6 hours ago, XOOM said:

The side lock is something we simulate in-game. There is a neutral ground however to communicate and we can look on exploring that, IF, it's going to be used. One key requirement is to cut down on the waste that started to build up over a period of time on Discord. 

actually that's a point.... when you first enter the game and you go to choose your persona  if one side is overpopulated it is locked for a bit...I presume to encourage you to play on the underpopulated side, now if that happens  but  your  discord is set (locked)  to the side that is currently overpopulated. Then those two systems are  just working against each other, and rather than being an encouragement doesn't  it just become an Irritation.

Edited by TheCat
  • Like 1

dwalin
25 minutes ago, TheCat said:

actually that's a point.... when you first enter the game and you go to choose your persona  if one side is overpopulated it is locked for a bit...I presume to encourage you to play on the underpopulated side, now if that happens  but  your  discord is set (locked)  to the side that is currently overpopulated. Then those two systems are  just working against each other, and rather than being an encouragement doesn't  it just become an Irritation.

Plus, to the point of my original post, I kind of feel like locking us to a side on Discord has split the community even more.  A lot of us don't come to the forums.  We just get on Discord and chat with each other.  And now not being able to do that is quite the hinderance to the biggest thing that has kept me in the game for so long, the sense of community and friendships I've made along the way

• Like 1

Dre21

While some like the friendly banter and being able to jump back and forth between voice coms, there is the other side that will frown on it.

Now having said that , a few years back I read a article that the actors of the movie Enemy at the gate would not sit together they stuck to their Uniforms side,  actually it was written that they didn't like each other and all because they either portrait the Germans or the Russians.

So if actors that make a movie can't look past a Uniform why would anyone think that players here can do it ?

With the paranoia of being spied on as is in this game,  being able to pop in and out of each other channel would make that just worse I think.

I pm a few players here and there in the Forum , if we got into a real fun fight or if I'm getting my [censored] handed to or vice versa.

Stankyus, Goreblimey,Arno come to mind , these are also the players I really go out of my way to get the better of them . Hate it when they kill me but also laugh when I get the kill on them .  In the end we all play a game and yes we sling arrows at each other here in the forums once in awhile, but I know if we would get together in a bar it be a hoot.

stankyus
6 hours ago, dre21 said:

While some like the friendly banter and being able to jump back and forth between voice coms, there is the other side that will frown on it.

Now having said that , a few years back I read a article that the actors of the movie Enemy at the gate would not sit together they stuck to their Uniforms side,  actually it was written that they didn't like each other and all because they either portrait the Germans or the Russians.

So if actors that make a movie can't look past a Uniform why would anyone think that players here can do it ?

With the paranoia of being spied on as is in this game,  being able to pop in and out of each other channel would make that just worse I think.

I pm a few players here and there in the Forum , if we got into a real fun fight or if I'm getting my [censored] handed to or vice versa.

Stankyus, Goreblimey,Arno come to mind , these are also the players I really go out of my way to get the better of them . Hate it when they kill me but also laugh when I get the kill on them .  In the end we all play a game and yes we sling arrows at each other here in the forums once in awhile, but I know if we would get together in a bar it be a hoot.

Hah like wise, but believe me, you do get the better of me.