Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

delems

Battle of Bohain yesterday.

delems

I would like to hear any comments from allied players regarding that battle. (or axis)

Axis tried, then it went stale for a while, then we hit it hard; even adding a panzer regiment to finish the job.

I got many comments from axis players, the trenches, markings, ea, ZOC, etc.

It seemed players were very impressed and enjoyed that battle.

How do we recreate more battles like that?  The atmosphere appeared exciting and motivating.

• Like 1

fidd

I was there for some of it. Some nice organisation evident there. I think it's what naturally happens when there's about the right ratio of players available on both sides, and in decent numbers, and it doesn't start with a pre-camp. These slow-burn battles are always the most satisfying I think, regardless of who wins.

• Like 3

jwrona
19 hours ago, delems said:

I would like to hear any comments from allied players regarding that battle. (or axis)

Axis tried, then it went stale for a while, then we hit it hard; even adding a panzer regiment to finish the job.

I got many comments from axis players, the trenches, markings, ea, ZOC, etc.

It seemed players were very impressed and enjoyed that battle.

How do we recreate more battles like that?  The atmosphere appeared exciting and motivating.

I ended up about a week ago going "F-This. Map going backward in TZ3, We're gonna have fun right now, no matter the outcome. We're gonna attack something, clobber it for an hour, and see what happens." Forgot what town I picked... we had 2 links and all sorts of good supply. Directed everyone to ZOC the North CP. Had 3 Fru's all within 500-600m of the north cap. Sent @daokoth1 and @Simcha to lead tanks, came down around N/NE. And we clobbered it for an hour. I sat back by the FMS building fortifications, marking PZs, attempting to run ammo to tanks, and protecting the FMS. Boots went to town. It was grand. We never GOT the town, but it was a GOOD fight. 

Two things required to make that happen. 1) We got 10-ish guys on voice comms. Mostly Lancers, a few others. Our job on that channel was to be the vanguard: get fru's up. Get initial cap. call for the flood. 2) you need to have dedicated players. A town has to have enough guys to properly defend it. The attacking force has to have a little motivation. Just the way we play... too quickly do we lose a foothold in town (liberated town, lost spawn CP, down to 2 FMS, etc.) and everyone quits. No extra trucks coming to town. It's like we expect it to be one and done like its TZ3. 

N8
1 hour ago, jwrona said:

Forgot what town I picked...

Vervins

N8

I only remember, hearing @maxios & @jwrona getting drunk

And getting shot by Delems, and then killed by a 2c, then logging.

Edited by N8

maxios
On 10/26/2020 at 2:49 PM, N8 said:

I only remember, hearing @maxios & @jwrona getting drunk

And getting shot by Delems, and then killed by a 2c, then logging.

Hahahah :) !

helmhead

Delems I was there for the whole battle.  I was beginning to think the infantry was never going to move in.  That was a long, long battle.  Edit*  I forgot all about THE trench.  That was probably what won it for us.  whoever built it should get an award.

Edited by helmhead