Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Building & Forward Base Development

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

XOOMOur environment artists and terrain development team are always looking for new innovative ways to create upgrades to your gameplay experience. Today we're going to show you the return of the fire escape for urban buildings (for rooftop access), how we're planning to open up big urban buildings to have interior access, and how forward bases are receiving some new treatments. These are among the many developments taking place. Remember, your subscriptions are the lifeblood of what we do here, be sure to subscribe for the launch of Campaign 177 (today at 5PM PST) as well as backing up developments like these. Subscribe at HTTP://account.wwiionline.com.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=Bm9jWqjPiYY:avt72G3ydDo:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=Bm9jWqjPiYY:avt72G3ydDo:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=Bm9jWqjPiYY:avt72G3ydDo:F7zBnMyn0Lo
Bm9jWqjPiYY

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

forward-base-upgrades-2.jpg

The ATG emplacements are not defensive positions, they are cover for advancing FB-busting ninjas.

In general "defensive" positions in the game should be where you or I would put them for that purpose as PPOs. Often times in game they are in frankly idiotic places.

The new building (old building with changes, I guess) is cool. As an inf player roof access is always fun, but it's a mixed bag from a gameplay standpoint. With "fire escapes" should come the inability to jump off things and live. Ie: the fall distance required to be combat ineffective should be a fraction of what it is. If you go up there with a fire escape, you should have to come down it, not jump off the roof.  The west side of my house is 2 stories (house is on a hill, and sorta buried in it—you can walk onto my roof on the upslope side). Jumping off my roof might not be fatal, but walking away from such a jump/fall? Not a thing, call an ambulance.

Edited by tater
  • Thanks 1

+1 for all suggestions above and in recent development critiques:

1. Fire escapes should be destroyable.
  2. Defensive emplacements should make solely defensive sense.
  3. Fall distance for critical injury is several times too long.
  4. Building interiors should be accessible to get to defensive window positions but should not be protected/hidden through-paths for running attackers. 
Edited by jwilly
  • Thanks 1