Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

inutero

Map expansion along the Seine

inutero

S! everyone.

I took a flight down the Seine into Paris and I gotta say, the future looks bright for WWIIOL. Some of those towns are the best looking, most well designed towns ive ever seen in this game and I cant wait for expansion down into that area.

Does anyone know when we will reach that area? Paris looks like a ton of fun, one thing about this game is that every campaign always ends anti-climacticly, obviously capturing a Capital should be a victory condition and help map pop at the end and drag out the campaign.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

sublimesw

Are they really expanding in the Seine area? I didn't hear about it. Then again, I don't read the development updates that often.

Sparre

Start the client and check out the map (online or off-line). You have to zoom in before you can see all the new buildings that have been added. Lots of new villages is done. Closest to Paris is one village north-east (not immediately closest).

Paris foot-print is prepared to be built on. They moving slowly west-southwest from the active theatre.

• Like 1

blakeh

Extending along the Seine would make the Axis victory conditions harder.   There would have to be an extension in Germany to go along with it.  

DOC

Yeah just speaking personally, although hampered by severe realities at the end there, it had always been my desire to make "deeper into Germany" a functional reality as terrain development expanded. Having access to new stuff to use towards this end would have been nice, but for me a pipe dream.