Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Hotchkiss french machine gun model 1914

perolix

Hello,

What do you think about of this french machine gun used at the begining of french campain ?

I have done it during my free time with Blender3D software.

(Low poly model realtime rendering in Unity3D Engine)

rendu-unity-01.png

rendu-unity-02.png

rendu-unity-03.png

rendu-unity-04.png

rendu-unity-05.png

rendu-unity-06.png

rendu-unity-07.png

rendu-unity-08.png

blender.jpg

Edited by perolix
add direct links pictures

perolix it would be worth speaking to both @XOOM and  @BMBM. BMBM is currently the only modeller the dev team has and I'm sure he would be able to help. 

The MG looks great by the way. 

Edited by foe2

looks great! Foe gave you good advice! Development team is always looking for guys that have that skilset to help out!

Nice work.

Does your portfolio include other objects?

Game modeling includes such technical requirements as Levels of Detail (LODs) (multiple versions of a model, for use at progressively greater distances from the viewer), and sectionalization to permit parts of the model to move relative to each other per gameplay animations and player controls. Guidelines may exist for how many polygons are allowed per object at each LOD. Perhaps you are fully familar with all that.

Lately there hasn't been much infantry-weapon development because CRS's mostly-volunteer team is missing an infantry artist/"rigger", i.e. person with the skillset to use the relevant animation and coding tools to create realistically moving, time-synchronized avatars with new weapons. Possibly BMBM (vehicle/heavy weapon model developer) and Scotsman (weapon effects developer, plus organizer of not-yet-implemented 3D models) could use your help on vehicle/heavy weaon development, though.

Thanks you very much

Does your portfolio include other objects ?

Yes i have do a very detailled B1 bis, Hurricane Mk1 1937 and french submarine Junon class 1935

Game modeling includes such technical requirements as Levels of Detail (LODs) (multiple versions of a model, for use at progressively greater distances from the viewer), and sectionalization to permit parts of the model to move relative to each other per gameplay animations and player controls. Guidelines may exist for how many polygons are allowed per object at each LOD. Perhaps you are fully familar with all that.

Yes i know that ;)

I dont know if the game engine use kynematic inverse system for animation charaters or blending pose animation system.

I remember they have add radgoll system for the characters

I dont know if the game engine use kynematic inverse system for animation charaters or blending pose animation system.

BMBM or Xoom can answer authoritatively, but their key rigging tool is Granny. I think Granny supports both, but I don't know what approach CRS has used in the past.

I don't know if CRS additionally has Granny Animation Studio.

I'm quite sure if you were interested in doing some character work, Xoom would want to discuss with you.

17 minutes ago, jwilly said:

BMBM or Xoom can answer authoritatively, but their key rigging tool is Granny. I think Granny supports both, but I don't know what approach CRS has used in the past.

I don't know if CRS additionally has Granny Animation Studio.

I'm quite sure if you were interested in doing some character work, Xoom would want to discuss with you.

If I am posting this topic today, it's because I am very interested in working with the WWIIONLINE team.

Do 3D models for this game and eventualy help to the development.

I have very good skill on Blender 3D software, and medium skill in C++ game development.

I m actualy work on an independant simulator boat game with my brother with Unity 3D engine. (no link with a ww2 game)

I have try to contact Xoom on linkedin, i'm waiting his answer at this moment...

Ps: i m an very old player of ww2online, maybe since 2005...
I m dont rembember exactly, but during this period they did not use Speedtree and they had not mobile spawn point system ;)

Weapons it'd be nice to get into the game:

US infantry/M1 carbine

US infantry/60mm mortar

French infantry/60mm mortar

US infantry/M1919A6 LMG

German infantry/GG/P-40 HEAT RG (*)

*or instead:

modify the German "sapper" infantry--replace the "sapper charge" with the HHL-3 magnetic HEAT device

create a German "sapper" infantry/HHL-1 sticky HEAT device

German infantry/gross gewehr panzergranate HEAT RG

US infantry/M9A1 HEAT RG (ideally, firing position = rifle butt planted into ground)

French infantry/Brandt 50mm HEAT RG (ideally, firing position = rifle butt planted into ground), fired from MAS rifle

*British infantry/#68 HEAT RG...maybe modify firing position = rifle butt planted into ground

French infantry/50mm mortar shell HE and smoke RGs, fired from MAS rifle

US infantry/M17 frag and M22 smoke RGs

British infantry/PIAT HE and WP (smoke/incendiary) rounds

I'm under the impression from past CRS comments that LOD0 models exist of the carbine, 60mm mortar, M1919A6, Brandt 50mm HEAT RG, and GG/P-40 HEAT RG. The need is for rigging/animations with infantry characters, plus maybe ancillary modeling such as LODs and UI work.

Some pictures and documentation use to model

sur-aff-t-tr-pied.jpgplan-01.jpg

It would be interesting to need be 2 players at less to bring this machine gun

And need be 2 players or 2 positions for use :

use.jpg

The loader position and the shooter position for example

I will try to do a character quickly this week-end with full ringing and some animation test with the machine gun.

I will host the result on youtube.

Edited by perolix
spelling correction
  • Like 1

Be advised that current game specs limit stuff like this to about 3000 polys at the very most, preferably less. Yours seem to be ten times as much :)

Yes you're right.
There are to many poly for ww2online (actually 130k), but i can reduce this easily because I use massively subsurface subdivision.

oh I found a recent video on youtube with full use demonstration, It's excellent for annimation and realistic sound...

Great the american people are insane lol:D

Quick sound extraction test and compositing in Unity

Don't pay attention to the effects, it's really ugly (no transparency and shader).
They are just simple particle emitters.

• Like 1

I haven’t checked lately but I believe Creator and Blender can import/export at least two common file formats. Your help would be much appreciated for both creation/rigging/modification and texturing.

Rigging work in progress...

This is just a quick character test, its has to much polygone for www2online.

I did a pants and a pair of shoes only for the moment, realistic textures come next and animations

rigging-01.jpg

rigging-02.jpg

Blender support this files formats :

imports and exports :        Collada, 3D Studio, FBX, Wavefront, Shapfile

• Like 2

On 11/15/2020 at 12:46 AM, BMBM said:

Fbx works. You can import/export Wavefront .obj too, no?

Hello,

sorry for this late reply, i was very busy this week.

Yes we can import and export Wavefront too.

I did a first reverse kinematics test in Blender 3D today, but I'm having motion skipping issues.

I need to resolve this problem.

rigging-03.jpg