Welcome to the virtual battlefield, Guest!

World War II Online is a Massively Multiplayer Online First Person Shooter based in Western Europe between 1939 and 1943. Through land, sea, and air combat using a ultra-realistic game engine, combined with a strategic layer, in the largest game world ever created - We offer the best WWII simulation experience around.

Next Special Event Operation Squeeze Play and Tips on Surviving

Cornered Rats

• CORNERED RAT
Cornered Rats

Don't Miss Our Next Special Event!

Join us on Sunday, November 29, 2020 at 11:00 AM server time (PST) for "Operation Squeeze Play."  This event will run on the training server and will in involve combined arms of land, sea and air assets fighting in south Holland in 1943.  We expect the operation to run for 3 to 4 hours during which time the campaign server will be locked.  We will announce more information on supply and victory conditions for the event in the forums very soon.  The event will take place in Tier 4.  Mark your calendar now and we hope to see you at what always promises to be some pretty intense battles!   

In order to facilitate setup of the event the Training server will come offline a few days prior to the 29th.

From the Desk of WESTY91:  Tips on Surviving Longer!

The humble rifle is a divisive figure for many on WWIIOL. It’s a marmite weapon. You either love it or you hate it. However, it’s a weapon I love to use, and when used effectively the rifle can be one of the most important weapons in your arsenal. Here’s three unwritten rules I stick to when playing as a rifleman.

Rule 1: Understand your limits.

Simply put, don’t go barreling into town at lightning speed expecting to clear the enemy at close quarters. Rifles are at their most effective when launching probing attacks or scouting ahead for troops, spawning points and other equipment. Going toe to toe with an SMG armed enemy at close range will only leave you in the dirt with egg on your face. Instead, try to ambush unsuspecting players as they spawn and you’ll see your stats improve very quickly.

Rule 2: Flank Flank Flank.

Ever been annoyed because you’ve been dropped by an unseen player out of the blue? You’ve just been flanked. Rifles are ideal for flanking movements in the field. You may find that you AO has stalled, or that the enemy has unceremoniously kicked you out of town with skillful and aggressive defending. If you get on the flank and start taking out infantry, you may even open up holes with which to get back into town as infantry spread out to try and find you. Turn it into a war of movement and you could turn the battle on its head.

Rule 3: Pick your moments.

Sometimes, you may find yourself in the middle of a furious firefight over a spawn point. Supply is being burned up and you’ve just been landed with a rifle. That’s not always the end of the world, because the smoke grenades in your possession can be crucial in shielding you and your team from view just long enough to break out into the CPs or into buildings and over bits of cover. If you can get behind the enemy with a good line of sight, unloading on them and taking down spawn campers can go a long way towards breaking the siege. It’s vital that you pick your moments well in this situation.

eKII?d=yIl2AUoC8zA eKII?d=qj6IDK7rITs eKII?i=-B0FhacSL0M:P1YIKtEhAiM:gIN9vFwOqvQ eKII?i=-B0FhacSL0M:P1YIKtEhAiM:V_sGLiPBpWU eKII?i=-B0FhacSL0M:P1YIKtEhAiM:F7zBnMyn0Lo
-B0FhacSL0M

View the full article on battlegroundeurope.com

• Thanks 1