• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatonka

Post your ww2online movies

612 posts in this topic

Roermond, Monday 10/27. Buzzard Cam Footage.

Link to blog entry

Damn. That was pretty awesome. I missed the first 30-40 minutes of the 2 hour battle. Amazing how it surged to and fro. It’s mostly just buzzard footage - although this time I wasn’t stuck watching anything but players. I didn’t get cinematic but I got some “eye level” footage which makes the buzzard-view footage the more dramatic. Caught some awesome shots and action, caught the first foot hold, the smoke screen, storming the bridge, the sacrificial 251 runs, the lucky newbie. I was going to film the bunker capture but the Allies fell back.

There is tons of infantry fighting, there’s armor fighting going on all over the place, you can see the Axis Tier1 RDP cycle kick in as waves of Pak38s and tanks roll out, unfortunately the Allies hadn’t been daft enough to drain all of their ATGs/tanks and they managed to hold back the first wave of armor, but at the cost of pretty much all of theirs.

I switched icons on and off in a few places so you could see how dramatically different it can look when you are seeing the game thru “grunt” eyes - those are the ones that make you go “no way? but that place is crawling?!?” I also switched vis mode a couple of times so you can see how radically different dialup and broadband are…

There’s so much footage here that it’ll take me a couple of days to put it into film format, and probably a day to render the damn thing - but I’m going to.

Awesome battle! It’ll close with the huge flood of Allied troops surging from MSPs for the counter attack…

-----

The first hour of the big Roermond fight from Monday. This is “buzzard footage” - not the static bunker watch of the last movie, but it’s still not Spielberg and its certainly not a promo movie. I wound up trimming the first hour down to 15 minutes but avid WWIIers - especially those who’ve fought in Roermond lately - especially Monday :)

Part 1 sets the scene, gives you a sense of some of the heart and scope of the battle.

Windows Media Player 9 or higher or codecs required.

109mb WMV Medium Quality Version

243Mb WMV High Quality Version

Part 2 with the main battle to follow.

It's been some time since I made any ground videos, So I thought I would share this one with you, This video is for all you rifleman out their.

No Smg or Lmg were used in this video, It has action from all three country including some knife action.

This video is in HD format and Requires P4@2.4Gzh or better for play back. (if you play this game you proboly got better than that)

Download for play back.

Full screen and loud volume sound recommended for viewing.

File size

440mb with run time of 11:31

Right click save as!

Enjoy!

Ps I'm testing a new webhost, lets see if it dies

So I was never aware of this threads existence.

Sadly, many of the videos I tried to download are on dead links (it appears that Filefront for example, drops videos more then a couple months old, so Svedala's videos are not accessible, etc.)

In any case, I saw that 3 of my old video's were linked back on page 4 or 5, but I'll go ahead and post all of the links here just because. Unless I lose my server for some reason, they should continue to be good for the foreseeable future.

Newfive - contact me privately via PM. If you want to take the time to set up the page and maintain it, I'll give you an account on my server with a directory to use. Space isn't an issue and I've got a 100mb connection, so unless your page has a huge CPU usage issue (which it shouldn't), I should have no problem hosting it. My server is a Linux box, just fyi.

On to the links - You can get to all of them at a simple index page (also in my sig) at http://www.magetower.com/wwiiol/

My first movie, a very short 90 second clip called "Verdun", has been lost in time, and it wasn't really much more than an experiment to see if my original crappy capture system worked.

My second movie which was posted earlier in the thread - Verdun II

Next up, I put together a bunch of stuka only footage, and made Stuka Carnage! This was also posted earlier in the thread, and appears to have made it's way onto one of the Kilemal DVD's, which is kind of cool.

Every once in a while I noticed something going on in the ground war, instead of looking up at the sky. In this case, it was hard not to notice, as an Opel full of troops drove right up to my position near a CP. Opel Rush!

The third AAA video that was previously posted, since I had already used up most of my stuka footage, concentrated on Messerschmidt aircraft. Messerschmitt Mayhem! Except that I spelled Messerschmidt wrong :)

Back in the day, you couldn't always get the equipment you wanted, so sometimes I would run around as any infantry guy. Normally this was simply a method for me to help some Axis guys pad their kill stats, but every once in a while, the blind acorn getting a nut theory would pan out.. and this time I actually got it on video. I thought it was funny chasing the guy around the CP, hence the music. Storming the CP

And finally, the last video I made before the sights changed on the CaMle38, and I quit the game for a while. This was put together at the end of Campaign 13, and is my most recent video, so yea, these are all pretty old, and the quality is poor compared to what is possible these days.

Carnage in The Skies

Thorim-

I remember one of yours titled "Campaign 13 remembered"

I had it saved on my computer...err the computer that died.

Thorim-

I remember one of yours titled "Campaign 13 remembered"

I had it saved on my computer...err the computer that died.

That's actually the one named "Carnage in the Skies".

Here is 1st video I made , and 1st one I put on youtube . Somebody here put my vids

on youtube as i discovered one there yesterday. The comments under it said my other

ones were pulled for some unknown reason?

Nbgh4HMtbRk

As always, download it for best quality, streaming reduces the quality a lot and makes the video much less entertaining. With that said, enjoy.

3rd Video 372mb 10 minutes

Heres one of mine thats been on youtube about a year , and I didnt know it

I think Kbar posted them , thks kbar ;)

WIpT05Fq6mw

Bleem's fighter movies. Enjoy!

Das Pooten Tangen

A video made by Fuhror and myself a few years back. Footage compiled by both of us. Flying 109E/Fs.

Spitdweeb

Flying SpitIXs and some P-38 action.

Nerfed

A longer video showcasing dogfights rather than just kill shots. Flying both Axis and Allied.

Gustav

A guncam video showing off the 30mm cannon of the 109G.

Brothers in Arms

A unique fighter video with a different feel. Shot from the perspective of a wingman pair between myself and my brother Viperplt. Switches between our points of view during the same fights. Flying 109s.

Heres Behind Enemy LInes , a section 2 adventure on you tube

Behind Enemy Lines part 1

LjkIBsPmeyc

Behind Enemy Lines part 2

jObdCU-CejI

Heres Behind Enemy LInes , a section 2 adventure on you tube

Behind Enemy Lines part 1

LjkIBsPmeyc

Behind Enemy Lines part 2

jObdCU-CejI

Man I really liked that one. It really makes you realize how many people come and go here seeing some of those charaters.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0