Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tatonka

Post your ww2online movies

612 posts in this topic

Made 31 CDs so far, probably will make 40+ for the con.

Many go to squaddies and recruits, but as advertised I will be giving the Best Of The Best winners their copies and giving away the rest.

I need to find the video someone did of Camle and Bofor taking out several types of Axis plane. I would like to know what the leads are that take them out. i feel I am always off lead, and when i do hit something I forget to look at what lead i had, or the plane was diving on me. Does anyone remember this vid from about a year back? I think the post was in the old thread before the forum move....

I like to see an mixed movie as dies from both sides velh - inf - planes - ships. That I call a war Movie S!

Only two ways to do that-

1) Talk the Rats into giving you temporary Buzzard powers (never happen on the real server, only training, maybe, if you are good and sweet and purehearted), or

2) Talk an opposing squad into filming the same battle at the same time.

Actually I think that would be very very compelling as the thing I think most of these videos miss is the sense that WWIIOL players are fighting all across the front 24/7 on both sides in a continuous struggle. You don't get the big canvas and the game that is happening in-between the ears.

The film that does that would likely make the rest of the gaming world 'get it'.

Or maybe you can mix your movie album (the best parts) to one trailer movie S!

ps. I hope not my Gifs are little to baaaaaaaaaaad lol S! again.

You speak of the magnificent' date=' the famous Thorim and his feared 38.[/quote']

YESSSS!!! Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! These are the films I saw, that while viewing, I had quotes like "Awsome!", "Yes!", and "Holy $@#^!" I can only aspire to be like Thorim:). Thank you again killemall, and I nominate these films to be in the Training section! Maybe we can get the RATs to post them on thier server? :)

As stated before, my contest is just that, mine, it's my list, no voting, no board, no members, and you can't blame the Rats for this one.

I should also say that I look at the Best Ofs as a work unto itself that is intended to be as much a promo list as a literal best of (so some of the choices were skewed towards getting parts of all the game as experienced by both sides in), a bit of game history like the memorial services (snuck in a SmackD, just couldn't resist), and also what fits (there is a 200 MB+ ground action video that years later still rocks and will get in one of these days).

The Best Ofs are also not picky about year made for the reasons noted above.

Enough talk- now for the list of videos that made Best Of WWIIONLINE videos Volume 3.

Drum Roll please.

twelvedays.wmv

okwrdp.wmv

perfectday.wmv

adieuhires.wmv

A Long Way Home_divxcon.wmv

fuelpump.wmv

Campaign26.wmv

LAFVID.wmv

Benzin.wmv

Last_FAF_standing.avi

Congrats to all!

I will announce the Best of The Best out of this list at the con and present a three volume set if the maker of the best is there.

Who won best of the best kilemall ?

Parras over Panningen - 29 MAY 2006

Two video clips depicting a large allied Para-drop organized and lead by zippo6. The operation ultimately failed, but produced good learning points for coordinating large air and ground movements.

http://uploadfile.putfile.com/videos/14800222032.wmv (23mb)- Filmed by flas4rt (Para)

http://www.blessed.net/wwiionline/video/panparas.avi (48mb) - Filmed by scking in a SpitV

Excerpts from participants in both sides of that battle:

...that was a great attack. I was only planning on getting manybe 30 - 40 paras, but we had around 75 - 80 paras, all of them spread out on a different plane. My plane was the first one that landed. We saw the others droping all over the place. Great Coordination for an Op that wasnt preplanned. All the guys you see running in the video while the other's were droping was my stick - most of us got killed b/c or objective (S Depot) blew up and we all died with it. Salute to the allies that made it happen.
...only 2 or 3 of us ,maximum ever stay in the building - so if if blows up we dont all die

We all had one depot each (4 planes in all) I called the jump on our plane - Lexfire called the mission - was great. I believe Lex was about the last para standing and just after he and another squaddie died we had missions rolling from the recently captured FB and the attack was back on.

Would have just loved to hear the axis comments as they saw plane 2, 3 THEN 4 drop within a minute

I was on the recieving end of that, I spawned in as a SMG when I heard paratroopers landed there. I don't really remeber my SMG sortie to well but I ended up getting a Panzer IIIF.

I parked outside the AB wall with another tank and started to gun down a bunch of paras as they started to come up to the walls. After that with some infantry support started to re-capture all the depots. It took us only about 7-10 minutes to recapture all of the depots. I can say we were all happy once we took all of you guys out because the constant drone of SMG fire was getting annoying.

The best part (by far) was 2 minutes after we liberated tank EWS went off and we started spotting tanks coming in from the north.

The origional thread can be found here.

nice para formation but gay video

First of all it was just thrown together. Lets see some of your videos you pompus ***.

1 thing you need to learn..dont take me serious im just messing with you

people are too serious...thats why the twin towers went down everyone is so pissed off at everyone else. :rolleyes:

1 thing you need to learn..dont take me serious im just messing with you

people are too serious...thats why the twin towers went down everyone is so pissed off at everyone else. :rolleyes:

Well I guess that comment explains it all.

snort.. kick ***.. nice job dude

but one thing i don't like..

Let's change this please

49 posts in 5 years?

Who won best of the best kilemall ?

Ah sorry about that Tatonka, my PC's power supply died at the Con, and it being a Shuttle and all it does not have a standard power supply. I now have a Frankenshuttle working, and busy week at work and all.

This year was far more difficult then the previous two years. There just wasn't a 'heads above the rest' entry, they were all very good.

One side effect is that I could only get about half the number onto a CD as the good films tend to be longer and set at a higher resolution on average then before.

With all that said.....

Drum roll please....

The winner of the Best of The Best is.....

Lafayette Recruiting Video!

http://www.lafayettefederation.com/videos/LAFVID.zip

Lafayette, I need to know who made it so they get the Best of the Best rights from here on out.

Made 50 CDs in all, gave 2 sets to my squaddies, a squad leader in my old brigade (he put up with enough from me so I owed him), gave a CD to the Rats, gave a 3-volume set to Newfive so he could put them up at The Trainer, and put up the rest for giveaway to the convention goers, so I think that worked out to something like 11 sets given away.

So all in all very video successful, except for the part where my PC died and we couldn't transfer my whole vid collection to Newfive.

"We don't have the FB to this town"

"Won't need it!!!!"

w00t

Heh heh....yep that was me stating we dont have the fB to this town.... and guess what WE NEEDED IT :)

Still a great para drop.... wish I was axis just for that missioin so I could have seen all the paras...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0