Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

POST 1.22.x BUGS here

42 posts in this topic

Note again FUNKY VIDEO -> turn off post render filter.

Blueberry bushes are a known oddity.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm ... odd blueberries ..... arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

I have the ground every once and a while flashing black....

One one mission it was a 88 that flashed black every few seconds.

Lots of iceskating ppl and speady legged ppl.

Flying - mission icons blinked in and out on map, I mean even if you were flying side by side.

Turret noise wont stop in pz2

Pz2 had something interesting - looking in binoc view sometimes allowed me to scan very fast with out turret sound moving with commander. Not a problem to me BUT, my turret moved too. I could do a 180 in 2 seconds in binoc view and have the gun swivel to the other side... My turret was ultra quiet super charged... :x

Some ppl I see, just colapse and die - no audio what so ever. Sometimes funny noises (tweeting, best I can describe)- but I have not heard the rushing river/wind noise yet.

LOD seems much slower in changing over, its like a refresh rate or redraw running across the landscape.

Sometimes the LOD does not have a medium transition - fine detail to blocks very low LOD. With nothing in between. <--- Rare but happens.

1.8 Gig g5

2 gigs ram

Ati Radion XT800

OS 10.4.5

Water shader on

Post render off

1024x768

Max Sounds

Max player vis

I still get 15-25 fps.

It's odd, but I noticed my Wingman ForceFeedback suddenly came to life as of the patch right before 1.22. It never gave any feedback at all before, but now seems twitchy and fights me for control of steering, wanting to take a hard right turn at random moments... tried readjusting my deadband settings with little to no results. Might just be me though since I don't see any other posts about this.

Other than that, buildings have a flat, sickening dark brown color. Also the usual blueberry thing, over-caffeinated infantry, and low FPS (10 - 13) even with recommended settings from this forum.

Machine 1:

Dual 2Gb G5

3.5Gb RAM

GeForce 6800GT 256Mb VRAM

OS 10.4.5

Machine 2:

Dual 2Gb G5

3Gb RAM

ATI 9800 256Mb VRAM

OS 10.3.9 Server

I'm getting some ground tiles "flashing". Happens wether I'm ground, air, or at sea looking a land.

Also the "blue" bushes that everyone else is seeing.

Mission pending bug...

And my display goes bad at random times...

Pic attached.

I also had an experience when I could not see the 109's that were attacking my plane.

Just as I completed the last two bomb runs, the damn video screen just crashed... excepting the insturments..

Very Very Frustrating.. When are we gonna have a patch. This is a pisser.

All these bugs (except blueberries) are cross platform issues (or maybe just video card related). I just noticed the flashing ground tiles tonight too. When you post a video bug please indicate your Mac type and video card model/vram if possible.

I have 2.0 Dual G5 X800/256MB.

The texture compression/management scheme changed in this version and that might be the cause of many display bugs (including the blueberries). So it might be find the one problem and fix a whole lot of crap.

The predictor code is also complex but once tweaked it should fix a bunch of issues as well.

It's like find a whole lot of bugs all over your house - once you find the one hole they all stop coming.

I have a 2 ghz dual G5

(with the awful "stock" video card. Geforce 5200fx)

with a truckload of Ram.

Weird thing about my video crash, almost always happens as I conclude a bomb run.

So I take it from the comments here that those blueberry bushes are NOT meant to be there??!! I thought the Rats had been dipping a little deep into the grog barrel there...so I look forward to seeing them gone as I cant seem to focus on anything near them...also the intensity is the same whether the hedge is 1km away or 2 yds. away!

Since the last patch 1.22.1 i'm getting huge fps lags (like the pc users have always reported) to like 1, or 2 fps for about 10 seconds. I can't pinpoint when it happens, it seams to be random at this point.

I've checked the config, and everything seems the same as always. post render, water effects. vertex shader all off.

anyone else having this problem?

ibad

Only just after spawning there is a 3-7 sec period of 1-2 FPS, after that when things get thick, FPS drops but never 10 sec 1-2 FPS problems.

iMac G5.

1.22.1 did nothing for intel dualcore macs, still unplayable.

have you tried reinstalling from the full installer then running the patch manually? Doesn't make any sense to me but some folks have reported it improving things in the past. I haven't seen any such lags myself.

What video card(s) do you have? Such fps spikes usually are some kind of video card interaction.

Anyone else getting the water reflection bug with Nvidia cards? It's been an ongoing bug since the last few patches. Water just seems to be a mirror of the entire sky randomly moving about, not the nice ripples I see in screenshots from other people. Using a 6800 in a dual G5 1.8 with latest OS X version. 10.4.5

Monchen Gladbach AF was ours (while city contested), entire AF AI guns fired at me, poor axis paratroop.

I died. :)

I am not totally sure about it but at time I was under hundreds of bofor missiles or something (noticed 5 bofors fire), other guys using PC were happily walking to bunked.

I am _not_ all sure but an evil reincarnation of the "AI tower firing" bug?

I get the rubbish water with water shader turned on - irrespective of whether I have reflections turned on or off.

I have a 2Ghz G5 2.5GBRAM nVidia 6800Ultra

ibad

picture would help, all i have is ati so it works for me, not sure what it looks like when its wrong.

picture would help' date=' all i have is ati so it works for me, not sure what it looks like when its wrong.[/quote']

Hold yer horses there, pardner. I had to get the shot when I got back from work. :) Thanks for your help!

As you can see it's just a wierd reflection of the sky. It also moves back and forth in a dizzying and irritating manner, like you were punch drunk and trying to focus your eyes on one thing.

watershot.jpg

Interesting, I forwarded this to Rick. I wonder if PC Nvidia users have the same troubles.

here is what I get with AT X800

water.jpg

Interesting, I forwarded this to Rick. I wonder if PC Nvidia users have the same troubles.

here is what I get with AT X800

water.jpg

Oooh, that's so purty. I'd like to get me an X800. Oh well, being broke sucks.

Back to the display bug, it's almost like it's just rendering the reflection part of the sky and ignoring the ripple effect.

Actually that sky is not a reflection but a canned image. I think the shader is kaput or else its supposed to be the canned water texture instead of the sky image.

I had the correct water shader as you do ahwulf in a previous version. I think the first version that it was available in. For the last few versions I have the same as mitojee

I have an nVidia 6800Ultra

ibad