• Announcements

• CHIMM

RAT Chat Sunday 12/8 3pm server time!!!!   12/07/2019

CRS is working overtime preparing and setting up the NEW SERVERS at the Portland colocation. This Sunday, December 8th, at 3:00 pm CST/9:00 pm GMT (Greenwich Mean Time). XOOM and the RATs are hosting a live chat discussing the move, and what services will be temporarily impacted in the process. Live chat link will be provided in discord channels when available. We look forward to chatting with you!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
joker87

(old posts)

153 posts in this topic

it wouldnt let me download that thing to check connectivity and i have norton and service pack 2,I added the ports and i still cant get into main game

i am having a problem logging in now as well: the game stops on the logging on portion of the startup. But i know why this is: my game version dropped back down to 1.19.2.255 because i restored my comp to an earlier date.

i don't know if this is possibly some folks problems or not, but i thought i'd throw it out there.

the real reason this is a problem is because the darn download page won't give me the darn files: and i guess my question on that is when is the download page going to work?

i know that isnt really a fair question to ask you guys in support, but didn't know where else to go.

sorry.

im having the same problem at game load screen when it gets to authorizing it sends me back to the wwii screen. it also wont let me play offline, same thing happens, HELP PLEASE

But i know why this is: my game version dropped back down to 1.19.2.255 because i restored my comp to an earlier date.

the real reason this is a problem is because the darn download page won't give me the darn files: and i guess my question on that is when is the download page going to work?

The downloads work. They're on an FTP site, so that may be why you're unable to accesss them. Here are your options:

1) Try to fix your connection to the FTP site. Start - Settings - Control Panel - Internet Options - Connections (tab) - LAN Settings (button). Check "Automatically Detect Settings". Click OK to everything. That should let you access the FTP server.

2) Bit Torrent (you need a torrent application to download the files). Something ilke Azureus: http://azureus.sourceforge.net/ The links to the torrent files are on the downloads page.

3) I have the files mirrored here, usually: http://gnasche.com/files/patches/

im having the same problem at game load screen when it gets to authorizing it sends me back to the wwii screen. it also wont let me play offline' date=' same thing happens, HELP PLEASE[/quote']

If it's not loading in offline mode then it's not a connection problem. If you're crashing at the "infantry loading" section then run WWIIOL Settings and disable radial clutter on the Misc tab. If that doesn't work, start a new thread and post your dxdiag info: http://www.gnasche.com/ww2ol/support/dxdiag.htm

gnasche,

thank you for the help, i used your website to download the previous patch, that worked to auto update to the current.

you do outstanding work for wwiionline.

Well, played 20 minutes ago and discovered that my joystick wasn't plugged in and had to reboot game... Fine. Try to log in again and fail! I can't join the game, not the server not the training server but I am talking to my friends on TS and they are all online. It says: "The game servers are not available. We apologize, please try again later." when i try to login. No firewall active either. And yes, my subscription status is active and I've tried checknet:

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 156ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 140ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 141ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 140ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 157ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 156ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 140ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 141ms

Connection tests completed OK.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

/pulfer

I am also unable to log into the game since the new patch. The loading process stops at the "loggin" phase and says "network error, connection timed out." I can't even log into the game in offline mode, and don't say this isn't your software's fault. I have been playing for years and never had this problem until your new patch 19.5 Please help! I am paying a membership fee and can't play! I don't want to cancel, but i will if this problem continues. By the way, your connection detection program won't run for me either. What is the problem?

hi,

i got the problem that if i start the "play WWII Online" I still get the training screen. cant select a brigade. logging into playgate no problem... but i cant join MP because havent got a button to join a brigade....what's this?

thx for the quick help.

this might be the problem.

any issue of the game not creating the install.log right if spaces used?

cause this gave me problems to.

had to remove it manually from my system and regestry.

i will try and reinstall it now (no spaces) and then we'll see.

was wondering why it wont work cause all the connection tests came back ok... and i'm kind of "not a pc noob" :)

thx again...

i'll post the results here later...

andy

Let me say first of all that I believe in this game, I enjoy the premise, I've stuck with it since conception for public. It came out as a beta, and with all it still is. Why won't it download properly? Why won't it install properly? How many years has it been since release and we still don't have it right? Readme my butt, I'm tired of having to put up with do this or that. I get paid to do my job, and i get complaints if I don't. I certainly never hear, hey let me do half the job for you. I'm tired of understanding and trying this and that. I don't get that opportunity in real life, and neither should you people. I'm sorry I paid in advance for a subscription to this game. It will run out soon, and don't look to me to carry you any further. You've had long enough to get it right. Basic errors like this aren't excusable anymore. I'm not your playtester, I just want your product to work. Maybe I'll resubscribe when it all works. Let me know if this ever happens, and just so you don't think that I'm using an outdated system here are my stats:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 8/23/2005, 23:26:25

Machine name: BLACKBIRD

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: INTEL_

System Model: D955XBK_

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1020MB RAM

Page File: 215MB used, 2234MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

------------

Nothing but offline is working for me. 1.19.5.

Win2k sp4. De-installed and reinstalled several times with reboots. No brigade tab no connection to servers.

I found the solution to my problem in a different post. "Teamspeak and Game Not Booting"

In my case, the problem is caused by a setting in teamspeak.

I had to go to the teamspeak pulldown menu for "settings" then I selected "Options" and changed the Sound Driver radio button from "Direct Sound" to "Wave" and presto ! now the game loads !

Updated to new patch and now the game stops loading when the red progress bar gets to the end.

I'll keep reading to see if there's a fix.

what worked for me was going to settings and clicking on visual and performance. Hope it helps!

S!

Stinger1

31 wrecking crew

Game loads fine, then at the very end, just as it's going to show the "choose personna" screen, screen goes blank, "LOGGIN FINISHED" message comes up and I immediately CTD.

Here's what I did, keep in mind that EVERY step listed below was followed by a full computer, modem and router reboot!!

1- Redownloaded the patch TWICE... NADA

2- Redownloaded the entire game... NADA

3- Reinstalled DivX9... NADA

4- Reinstalled Vid Card OMEGA drivers... NADA

5- Fully disinstalled and reinstalled game AGAIN... NADA

5- At advice of squaddie, got rid of OMEGA DRIVERS and went back to Vid Card original drivers, logged right in to play...

6- CTD'd after a short hour... Cannot go back in at all!

Why does crap like this happen at every 2nd or 3rd patch? Please? Quality control mean anything to you guys?

Thank you stngrpbg; I clicked on "Visual and Performance" in settings, closed Settings, and logged right in with no problems after about 24 hours of frustration. As nobody from my squad was there, I only stayed in game for a few minutes, but everything seemed normal with 32 FPS at a relatively quiet FB.

I was getting the white screen with "login complete" and then dumped back to the WWIIOL page. Also could not get into the Training server. Checknet utility got 8 OK's.

Ever Hear The Saying:

If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It???

Applies Here!!!!!

I've Futzed With Fixing This For Way Too Long---guess Only True Fix Is To Uninstall The Whole Thing......

That'll Fix It For Good........

Willing to send in filemon logs of WWII specific activities (they seemed interesting) perfmon whatever...

CTD both Game and Training

Over the weekend I upgraded my computer. It takes about 15minutes to load the game. When I finally get in it lets me choose a mission but fps is no better now at 4 than it was before. Upgaded to p4 Titan motherboard, p4 intel processor, and Kingston kvr400ak2/2gr ram. I think it has to do with radeon 9200 256m ddr video card which is pci. I only upgraded because everyone else is zooming at 40 or mor fps and my highs are a 15 out of town. Any suggestion for me? Also when I get in I get no picture, just friendly names across screen but nothing else, white and grey shading throughout....

Test Starting.

Test 1: Auth Pri -OK- 2844ms

Test 2: Main Pri -OK- 31ms

Test 3: Main Alt -OK- 31ms

Test 4: Main PingPri -OK- 31ms

Test 5: Main PingAlt -OK- 31ms

Test 6: Main Chat -OK- 47ms

Test 7: Event Pri -OK- 31ms

Test 8: Event Alt -OK- 31ms

Connection tests completed OK.

Still getting the "Network Authorization Error" message

Sign in to follow this