Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

In the meantime people with a macintel at least have an option besides 7 fps under rosetta.

Well maybe I won't dual boot with windoze once I get an intel mac, because that might totally ruin my game, since I am the Uber lag - 2fps player. Rosetta rules !!!! heheheheeeee ;)

:)

I doubt boot camp will help much since it is pretty unstable, but interested to see if anyone can get it to work well. I work at a mac repair place in NYC and a few of the people here are testing out boot camp and they say when it doesnt crash it runs natively, but the ethernet drivers are wonky and it crashes a lot. Everyone says intel Ibooks are next, and then probably a tower sometime in the summer, but who knows with apple.

Ok Awulf its not 2 fps but sometimes close... :)

I remain amazed that my old G4 titanium powerbook with its panther system, 64 mb vid card, 768 mb of Ram actually lets me play half decently, though really active towns are a pain sometimes. Though I run it off a faster firewire harddrive not the powerbooks hd to play.

With a new job starting soon I am hoping to upgrade my machine though I really want to wait for 64 bit chips in the Macbook line.

anyway Salute !

I have an Intel iMac 20" with 256MB video RAM and 2GB RAM. Count me in on testing.

I currently have boot camp installed and have been booting to Windows to play. The video was upside down with the Apple ATI video drivers. I tried the rotate screen 180 thing with no luck, so I installed the Omega drivers and everything works okay now. I just hate having to restart into Windows every time I want to play.

I can't wait for the UB version of WWII online to be out!

I have an Intel iMac 20" with 256MB video RAM and 2GB RAM. Count me in on testing.

I currently have boot camp installed and have been booting to Windows to play. The video was upside down with the Apple ATI video drivers. I tried the rotate screen 180 thing with no luck, so I installed the Omega drivers and everything works okay now. I just hate having to restart into Windows every time I want to play.

how is the performance under windows? just curious.

how is the performance under windows? just curious.

It runs pretty good. I am usually in the 40-50 FPS area. Flying over cities will drop the frame rate into the 20s and 30s.

It runs pretty good. I am usually in the 40-50 FPS area. Flying over cities will drop the frame rate into the 20s and 30s.

that is pretty respectable. is that for the dual core 2ghz part or the 1.87ghz?

that is pretty respectable. is that for the dual core 2ghz part or the 1.87ghz?

It is the 20", 2GHz core duo with 2GB of RAM. I am at work and cannot check the video settings, but if I remember correctly, I am using the highest widescreen resolution that can be selected in the WWII online config.

The rest of the video settings are pretty much following the sticky post's recommendation for best video performance.

There doesn't seem to be a performance hit from using the Omega drivers. The Apple supplied drivers for Windows XP would invert the screen.

I expect we will still continue on the intel path' date=' its not a big deal once you get it put together, you just compile like normal to get a uni binary. The major issue right now is getting the Granny library folks to give us an intel compileable version. After that its just playing around with a few settings and then a lot of testing. In the meantime people with a macintel at least have an option besides 7 fps under rosetta.[/quote']

Any news from the Granny library folks? Any chance that they will give you an ETA on an intel compileable version?

I tried boot camp and the loading proceedure went great. However when installing windows xp home, it just hung up at the setup screen. I tried hitting enter to continue the install but no keys would work.

ive been thinking of getting a mac mini but i wanna know if wwiionline runs good or at all on it,and are you able to buy a better vid card for the mac mini because it only has a ATI 9200 32mb??

Just noticed that Warbirds is supporting the Intel Macs in the newest release. Where's our Universal binary. I'd like fries with that too, please. :)

An old mac mini can't get upgraded video and that card is no longer sufficient to run the game (too little vram). The new intel mac minis seem to be OK under windows however so whenever we get universal it might do well also.

Hmmm...come one ppl!!! I just got my 2ghz MacBookPro - which rocks!!! Cant wait for the unibin version. Meantime, I am gonna try out bootcamp. ;)

P.S. Ready to beta-test

Current: 4Fps or so

I just got my 2ghz MacBookPro - which rocks!!! Cant wait for the unibin version. Meantime, I am gonna try out bootcamp. ;)

P.S. Ready to beta-test

Great !

I just found out my faculty is giving me $5000 to buy a new computer, most likely a macbook pro and most likely at summers end.

Maybe just maybe there will be a unibin by then!!!! Ahwulf???? :)

Can anyone explain in clear language Intel's chip line for the mac? As well, maybe by summers end 512 mb for the VRam will be an option. One can hope :)

Great !

I just found out my faculty is giving me $5000 to buy a new computer,

NICE! Sweet!$5000?!?! Now that's an excellent stipend for IT.

Great !

I just found out my faculty is giving me $5000 to buy a new computer, most likely a macbook pro and most likely at summers end.

Maybe just maybe there will be a unibin by then!!!! Ahwulf???? :)

Can anyone explain in clear language Intel's chip line for the mac? As well, maybe by summers end 512 mb for the VRam will be an option. One can hope :)

Ok you have single core cips and dual core cips. Single core - not worth thinking about with that kind of cash. Dual cores start somewhere at about 1.8Ghz or so and work up to 2.16 Ghz if I am not mistaken (not too far off anyway.)

2.16 is great if you can get it but the dual core 2.0 Ghz is just as good imho - same chip - not as highly clocked - but the speed difference is not noticeable at all in anything - again imho. Hope this helps.

tautu

I was thinking more along the lines of what is coming up..aka conroe etc...merim(?)

I could wait until later in the year too if there are newer chips on the way.

Someone said wait to see what gets announced at one of the big Mac conferences at summers end.

too bad Apple keeps it all so close to the chest.

cheers,

Can someone please post the link to the Omega drivers for the macbook pro in XP? The omega page seems to be down, and my screen is upside down when running WWII online in XP.

I will be available for beta testing.

On another subject. I have been a Mac user since 1984 when the original Mac came out so do not shoot me for my question!!!! I am as enthusiastic about Mac as any of you.

I thought I would try to run wwiionline on my MacBookPro running windoze. I have installed BootCamp. The game works perfectly with one small problem. The game is upside down on the screen!! I imagine that the problem is the video settings but in the windoze environment I am really a novice - it is so complicated. And before someone says I must be nuts - I just wanted to compare the game on the 2 platforms.

Help

I will be available for beta testing.

On another subject. I have been a Mac user since 1984 when the original Mac came out so do not shoot me for my question!!!! I am as enthusiastic about Mac as any of you.

I thought I would try to run wwiionline on my MacBookPro running windoze. I have installed BootCamp. The game works perfectly with one small problem. The game is upside down on the screen!! I imagine that the problem is the video settings but in the windoze environment I am really a novice - it is so complicated. And before someone says I must be nuts - I just wanted to compare the game on the 2 platforms.

Help

Use the omega drivers listed above. There is a problem with the apple drivers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0