Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

Seriously' date=' thank you guys for being customers and for being understanding when things don't come out exactly as desired in mass-production. The company usually does a good job of making it right for the customer when something unforeseen happens. Innovation and perfection have never played particularly well together. [/quote']

Apple has one of the most loyal customer bases that there exists, almost to the point of being a cult. I've been a Mac fanatic since I first used one. "Once you go Mac, you never go back" is what I say. I've yet to know a fellow Mac user who has had a bad experience with Apple outside of warranty (and that's only because it costs money, that's the way it goes). Who ever started this flame thread, back up the flames with facts jack...

Apple has one of the most loyal customer bases that there exists' date=' almost to the point of being a cult. I've been a Mac fanatic since I first used one. "Once you go Mac, you never go back" is what I say. I've yet to know a fellow Mac user who has had a bad experience with Apple outside of warranty (and that's only because it costs money, that's the way it goes). Who ever started this flame thread, back up the flames with facts jack...[/quote']

Okay this is me officially dumping a glass of water on this flame thread. Okay good it's out now. Damm now I got nothing to light my cigar with. Dammit, it's all apples fault. See all those Apple CEO's, CFO's, UFO's, LMNO's and P's have plotted this from the start. Oh what a cruel cruel world we live in.

But I always take comfort in the fact that Pc's still cant boot off a cd...lmao

S!

VoyagerII

Count me in! Brand new MacBook Pro 15", 2.0GHz, 1 GB ram. Gonna try the Bootcamp thing in the mean time.

I need my WWII Online fix while on the road!

My only problem with running this in bootcamp is that I cant use the external monitor while in windows.....(CAN ANYONE HELP HERE???) and the screen goes upside down, mouse and view. (HOW DO I GET AROUND THAT ONE???) Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.

My only problem with running this in bootcamp is that I cant use the external monitor while in windows.....(CAN ANYONE HELP HERE???) and the screen goes upside down' date=' mouse and view. (HOW DO I GET AROUND THAT ONE???) Any help would be fantastic. Thanks.[/quote']

Look back in this thread, there's a link to a driver ("omega" I think?) from a third party site that supposedly corrects the issue.

EDIT: here it is http://www.omegadrivers.net/

Add me in as well...

MacBook Pro 2gb Ram

We need this baby... boot camp does the trick for now but we want the war to go native on us(?) :rolleyes:

Look back in this thread, there's a link to a driver ("omega" I think?) from a third party site that supposedly corrects the issue.

EDIT: here it is http://www.omegadrivers.net/

I am running Omega drivers but they are much slower than the apple drivers. The apple drivers show the screen upside down, the Omega drivers are slow and cant use an external monitor - so far......

CAN ANYONE PLEASE POST - IF AND HOW - YOU ARE RUNNING WWII WITH BOOTCAMP - IN XP - WITH A WORKING EXTERNAL MONITOR AND THE SCREEN NORMAL SIDE UP - AND WITH DECENT PERFORMANCE.....LIKE 60-70 FPS OR SOMETHING. NORMALLY I GET 15-20 FPS WITH OMEGA DRIVERS.

I am running Omega drivers but they are much slower than the apple drivers. The apple drivers show the screen upside down, the Omega drivers are slow and cant use an external monitor - so far......

CAN ANYONE PLEASE POST - IF AND HOW - YOU ARE RUNNING WWII WITH BOOTCAMP - IN XP - WITH A WORKING EXTERNAL MONITOR AND THE SCREEN NORMAL SIDE UP - AND WITH DECENT PERFORMANCE.....LIKE 60-70 FPS OR SOMETHING. NORMALLY I GET 15-20 FPS WITH OMEGA DRIVERS.

I tried the method in this post and it worked for me on my Mini:

http://discussions.playnet.com/showpost.php?p=1684660&postcount=3

Usually between 12 and 40 fps using the best performance option. Not spectacular, but better than I get in OS X (single digits on my G4 450DP and crash on launch on my Mini).

Usually between 12 and 40 fps using the best performance option. Not spectacular' date=' but better than I get in OS X (single digits on my G4 450DP and crash on launch on my Mini).[/quote']

I'd love to try out boot camp. However I can't bring myself to pay 200 bucks for a copy of XP. I've been out of the game for over six months now. The FPS people are reporting sounds better then the OSX version. I guess only time will tell.

S!

VoyagerII

I don't yet have a Macintel. Can you install a hacked or cracked version of XP with Bootcamp?

I have plenty of freinds that can get me such a thing, but it'd rather run through hell in gasoline soaked underware than actually pay money for windows.

The only good thing Microsoft makes is Office (which I'm still not gonna pay for :) ) and keyboards.

Hey guys!

Just wanted to see what the status is with getting this puppy converted to IntelMac's - I've been watching this thread for a couple months and seen a few juicy tid-bits of progress (something about a granny?!)....but still no word on whats going on behind the curtain. I've had my MBP 2.0ghz, 2M ram, 256 vid card since March and playing WWiiol at 9 fps on a good day is gettin' might old.

ahwulf - is there and hope/progress? 1.23 has been up for while and the convention is history...isn't THIS the next priority? (I choose to beleive that this isn't being held up because you had to give your Mini back to your mom... :)

Anyways...I'm on board for anything you guys need to help get rolling - want to be part of the solution. Not meaning to come off as *****y.

Let's light this candle!!

S!

VS

I've asked Rick how the rats are on getting a macintel. Mine is gone now but I will be buying a Macbookpro later this summer, so I can't help them until then. Rick does have the right Granny library now but he's at the mercy of needing a test macintel and *time*.

I've asked Rick how the rats are on getting a macintel. Mine is gone now but I will be buying a Macbookpro later this summer' date=' so I can't help them until then. Rick does have the right Granny library now but he's at the mercy of needing a test macintel and *time*.[/quote']

If someone wants to start some sort of a "get a new machine" fund, I would be happy to throw a 20 note in. I would hate to see something like hardware stop us from moving forward.

Respectfully Submitting

VoyagerII

I will be ordering a Macbook Pro this week so hopefully we can make some progress on the intellification. When I switched jobs I lost all my vacation days but got some $.

I will be ordering a Macbook Pro this week so hopefully we can make some progress on the intellification. When I switched jobs I lost all my vacation days but got some $.

It's funny you said that. I just switched jobs in January and had a surplus of money from my benefits not used. Thats what I bought my MacBook Pro with. Hmm switching jobs when I need a new mac! Interesting new idea when I need to upgrade my mac.

S!

VoyagerII

Macbook Pro in house. Still have to put in RAM and stuff this weekend. Maybe then I can start building libraries...

Edit: I put in the 2GB ram. Man what a sweet little laptop. If anyone (domestic) wants the 512MB ram stick I took out let me know.

Edit: I got all the crap from Rick but don't expect it overnite, lots of weird pieces to this beast.

Macbook Pro in house. Still have to put in RAM and stuff this weekend. Maybe then I can start building libraries...

Edit: I put in the 2GB ram. Man what a sweet little laptop. If anyone (domestic) wants the 512MB ram stick I took out let me know.

Woot!

Edit: I got all the crap from Rick but don't expect it overnite, lots of weird pieces to this beast.

Giddy up!

Keep not holding your breath. Despite the Granny folks claim of intel compilation support it's even less compileable than the last version on XCode. Of course I have no docs at all so hopefully Rick can get me some kind of support contact.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0