• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

Granny is fine now' date=' she's available in both architectures.[/quote']

You ARE the MAN! :) Keep up the great work!

Granny is fine now' date=' she's available in both architectures.[/quote']

Just say the word and I'll send you a case of Red Bull to keep ya going! The number of up Macintel people are growing daily so it seems. Keep us the great work!

VoyagerII

how come when i restart my computer, windows is the chosen startup partition?

Is there a way to make OSX the default?

So i'm successfully running the game on windows on my macbook pro:

did the opel test and with highest visual quality: 45-55fps :)

So what do you think over all. I have the 2 giger macbook pro maxed out. Should I expect pretty good gameplay. Although I hear I will not be able to use my 23" display that is plugged into my macbook. Tell me more please.

VoyagerII

What drivers are you using now? And at what resolution and settings?

45-55 FPS is very good, I get that with grass and water shaders turned off, and my video card overclocked to 450/450, with the latest ati 6.6 catalyst. (also on a mbp 2.0, 1ghz)

What drivers are you using now? And at what resolution and settings?

45-55 FPS is very good, I get that with grass and water shaders turned off, and my video card overclocked to 450/450, with the latest ati 6.6 catalyst. (also on a mbp 2.0, 1ghz)

i believe i'm using the latest drivers - i followed your steps for fixing the upside down screen problem. My FPS drop a lot when there are a lot of trees around (high teens-30s) so it's not a constant 45-55 fps. Still better than anything i've ever had on any of my computers :)

I just got a 1.83ghz intel imac, not as my game machine, but figured I'd test. Am I right in thinking I have to run windows via bootcamp to see any above single-digit FRs? I tried the mac version, and it has horrific graphics issues (hard to describe, but unplayable and horrid) at low single digit FRs.

tater

I would like to added to the list please.

17" MacBook PRO 2GB Ram

Thanks for all the hard work ahwulf!!!

yes tater dont run ppc version on intel, rosetta cant do games. Do the bootcampy thing for now. I'm making progress on intel port work but its down to the hardest libraries now, tough going.

I know the task of getting WWII Online Macintel compliant is a tough task to say the least. But do you think we will be back in the game withing 6 months, a year... I was just wondering. I tried the Bootcamp route and it was a complete disaster.

Respectfully

VoyagerII

voyager - what went wrong? There's a 16 page PDF file that you really need to print out and follow step by step in order to properly install it.

Works for me.

I used to be a beta tester back in the day (around when STUG III and matilda came out) so i'm willing to help out with intel betaing :)

currently I have a 2ghz macbook with 2 gigs of ram...

I was gunna install the game, but i'll hold back now because it'll be slow as **** I suppose

Couldn't help to comment your blog Andrew :) Just have a look at it...

I also own a Macbook and I am willed to test WWIIO on it.

mmmkay, I got bootcamp to work and even started loading windows xp home edition with service pak 2. Yes all was going well when it asked for the registration key. The monkey that gave me my copy of xp home edition did not give me one. So that being said, is there anyone that can help me with that. I'm so close to going back online after being offline for over 6 months.

S!

VoyagerII

You need one if you want a functional copy. I ordered mine from

edirectsoftware.com

Products

------------------------------------------------------

1 x Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (SP2) (013-EDS) = $74.55

Sub-Total: $74.55

Standard Shipping (($6.95 first item, $3.95 each additional item)): $6.95

Shipping Insurance: $1.64

Total: $83.14

You need one if you want a functional copy. I ordered mine from

edirectsoftware.com

Products

1 x Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (SP2) (013-EDS) = $74.55

Sub-Total: $74.55

Standard Shipping (($6.95 first item, $3.95 each additional item)): $6.95

Shipping Insurance: $1.64

Total: $83.14

Baaa humbug! but I guess I have to lay out some duckets if I want to get in the big game. I hate to do it cause microsoft is the anti christ and all but I will. Thanks for the info!

VoyagerII

By the way, are we any closer to and intel solution for the game? I'm sure there are boat load of problems for total new build like this. No preasure, I'm just curious. I was playing unreal Tournament 2004 all maxed out on setting with a 2gig duel macbook pro and was getting 60-70 fps. So I can't wait to see this ole mac eat up a new version of WWII Online.

S!

VoyagerII

I'd like one too please :-)

Rick is trying his hand at some of the last libraries that defied me. The interesting news is that on these new MacPros, the game is probably playable under Rosetta!

I'd like one too please :-)

Rick is trying his hand at some of the last libraries that defied me. The interesting news is that on these new MacPros, the game is probably playable under Rosetta!

Bastards!

I always seems to work this way. I buy the newest mac and a newer one comes out that has the power to do what I wanted to do. Oh well such is life. I'm confident that I will be in WWIi Online "native" killing and being killed. Cheers to mac either way. WWII online is without qestion the best game I've ever played and is worth the 6 plus months offline I have endured. Keep up the great work with the universal bin.

VoyagerII

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0