• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

Macbook Pro 2.16 here ready for beta testing the universal binary, if needed.

I've been running wwiiol on XP, and get pretty decent performance. In the air the FPS even peaks at 100+, which is pretty awesome. In a busy town the windows version seems to suffer pretty badly, and I get horrible FPS hits.

I wish to get back to the Mac client soon!

S!

Already did.

Does it show potential or more work than it's worth? Sounds interesting, giving developers a simple tool to create PC and MacIntel games in correlation... If it works. And if it does hopefully we'll get more game-age for our macs :)

Macbook Pro 2.16 here ready for beta testing the universal binary, if needed.

I've been running wwiiol on XP, and get pretty decent performance. In the air the FPS even peaks at 100+, which is pretty awesome. In a busy town the windows version seems to suffer pretty badly, and I get horrible FPS hits.

I don't yet have a Mactel, but Apple just released a newer version of Bootcamp, with numerous improvements (lets you use an iSight, microphone, keyboard improvements, ect, don't remember them all). Supposedly you can DL it, and just install the drivers if you already have a windose partition.

It may or not help perfomance. Guessing it wouldn't hurt.

Worthy to note for those you running bootcamp...

Yeah windows users get even worse variations on FPS than we do :) The cider stuff sounds interesting but no further word yet on what it would entail, 1.24 needs to go out the door before Rick surfaces again...

Sometimes I look at PC forum and then run away quickly.

I am just confused....if all apple computers sold are intel based, why is it not a piority for CRS to invest in a macpro and transition the game over....This isnt somthing that should be done underground - obscurely - in people's spare time (which is hudgely appreciated dont get me wrong) bu it should be a business priority. IMHO

I am just confused....if all apple computers sold are intel based' date=' why is it not a piority for CRS to invest in a macpro and transition the game over....This isnt somthing that should be done underground - obscurely - in people's spare time (which is hudgely appreciated dont get me wrong) bu it should be a business priority. IMHO[/quote']

I agree completely. I posted this question and it's since been deleted. I stay subscribed even though I can't play in Mac OS X on my Intel Mac, and I don't play in Bootcamp due to the constant crashes I experience. I was wondering if it's worth staying subscribed until the Intel Mac version is released, especially since the only guy who seems to be working on it doesn't get funded by my subscription.

Guys the reason I am even helping out is that the Rats do not have enough coders to do everything (see, well everything Doc writes). Yes, Intel is important but 1.24 has everyone working 7 days a week. It's a question of $, they can only afford so many folks. It's a tough balancing act. If I can get my hands on Cider I will see how tough that would be to use.

I agree completely. I posted this question and it's since been deleted. I stay subscribed even though I can't play in Mac OS X on my Intel Mac' date=' and I don't play in Bootcamp due to the constant crashes I experience. I was wondering if it's worth staying subscribed until the Intel Mac version is released, especially since the only guy who seems to be working on it doesn't get funded by my subscription.[/quote']

I raise the same question having stayed subscribed and not being able to play since the purchase of my MacBook Pro months ago. I too refuse to use bootcamp now because of its many problems. I'm sure WWII Online will get up too date, its just a question of how long you feel like waiting. I wish I understood what it takes to port this thing over, but I don't. However I would appreciate a loose estimate on how long this is going to take so I can either keep my subscription or not. I am reasonable and would not mind paying for even six months if I had some information that enabled me, the user, to make a educated decision on what to do. I'm sure all involved eventually will get this taken care of, have no doubt. We all remember the transition from OS9 to X. But some companies have been lagging behind a bit such as Ambrosia with snap z pro and other mac only companies. So when I see WWII Online with it's challenge I understand a bit of how hard this must be. Maybe a progress report should be posted for the end line user. Sometimes seeing whats going on instead of not knowing can put and end to nay saying and customers becoming negative.

Respectfully Submitting

VoyagerII

I sent a message to Gophur about getting them to speak. I too will face this issue in the future as I transition my G5 to a Mac Pro. I've done what I could do and passed it to Rick (who of course is working way too much). The Cider people ignored my question to them (after all I'm not a real customer prospect) so the Rats will have to contact them directly to even see if it will work with game code. They charge a % so its affordable, but it might be a sticky point for a MMPOG.

I sent a message to Gophur about getting them to speak. I too will face this issue in the future as I transition my G5 to a Mac Pro. I've done what I could do and passed it to Rick (who of course is working way too much). The Cider people ignored my question to them (after all I'm not a real customer prospect) so the Rats will have to contact them directly to even see if it will work with game code. They charge a % so its affordable' date=' but it might be a sticky point for a MMPOG.[/quote']

I'll tell you I'm highly impressed at how you have taken the bull by the horns so to speek. You have been the voice that has given those of us who do not understand what is going on and understanding which in turn gives us confidense and patience. Keep up the great work. I know some time from now we all will be playing a intel version of the game and things will be well on there way twords the next level of WWII Online excellence.

Cheers Awulf

voyagerII

Voyager, et al

I'm new to BE and I don't know the ropes too much. But I have been playing BE under WinXP on my Intel iMac.

It took me a LOOOOONNNNNGGGGGG time to get the screen right side up. Many of the links on this thread for the Omega drivers and such are dead or stupidly difficult to navigate.

I can post my in game findings later on this week, but initial FPS was around 40.

Game runs well and I have had no significant issues with BE...

HOWEVER!!!!!!

I think the Playnet code is buggy for Intel iMacs.

Before I went online (this past weekend), I was playing BE offline. With no issues. Then I downloaded the Playnet thing to play online. I immediatley had two BSOD with memory dumps. Frustrating since I've been playing Warbirds in XP online since April when I got my iMac and have experienced zero issues.

I'm no stranger to MMOPGaming on the Mac so I may be able to help with specific questions. And I certainly enjoy helping Mac users.

Yall can e-mail me (addy in profile - {my callsign} @ gmail . com) or post if you have questions.

BE is running well in WinXP on the Intel iMac.

I've been playing on my 15" Intel MacProbook (2.16 G, 1 gig ram), under Windows XP with absolutely no problems. The game runs pretty smooth. I've never checked the frame rate, but I'm able to do alright in infantry combat. There's the occasional lag bubble that sets me to cursing, but nothing major.

Installing XP was easy under Bootcamp and I've encountered no problems or bugs at all. Neither with Bootcamp nor with Windows.

I would of course prefer to play under OSX. Booting into Windows is a slight inconvenience whenever I want to play, but only an inconvenience. My experience has been, the game is emminently playable under Windows on my Intel Mac.

Ditto...stock MBP, 1.83MHz, 512MB, 128MB gfx standing by.

Any idea - very ballpark even - when we'll be able to get cracking at this?

Haven't heard anything further from the head-down rick since Killer said he wanted to get a mac pro. I will ask again now that 1.24 is out.

Gimme that beta.... I've got no vids on my MacPro... Only gray screen when I get in my big steel turf twister.

Thanks for the hard work as always!

Hrmm... ok, i'm trying to run WWIIOL under winblows on a Macbook Pro. I've installed the Omega drivers and now the game is right side up, but it locks at the poll/MOTD screen, can't move the mouse, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated! BTW, what is the key combo on a MBP for control-alt-del? The obvious doesn't seem to work.

TIA! (the entire winblows experience thus far has reminded me again of why I buy Apple :) )

Hrmm... ok, i'm trying to run WWIIOL under winblows on a Macbook Pro. I've installed the Omega drivers and now the game is right side up, but it locks at the poll/MOTD screen, can't move the mouse, nothing.

Any help would be appreciated! BTW, what is the key combo on a MBP for control-alt-del? The obvious doesn't seem to work.

Okay... I reinstalled WWII, changed my sound driver to Primary (from Sigmatel?) and res to 1024x768x32, now I can click on Okay at the MOTD, at which point I get a black screen, lol.

Can somebody please share their settings and info on how to force quit?

Win XP pro, btw..

Thanks

well my mac book pro is on it's way.....though I won't have much time to play ...given my massive workload...and lack of windows software.

cheers,

I Shall return !!

:)

I've been playing Call of Duty 2 with my MacBook Pro 2 giga. I am so impressed with the level of gameplay I get out of this MacBook. However playing games like that which are far less dynamic as WWII Online only makes me miss playing WWII Online. I know all I have to do is run XP but I cant bring myself to spend the money for and operating system that I consider to be the anti christ! I'm sure months from now things will be different. Keep up the great work Awulf

Respectfully Submitting

Voyager II

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0