Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

hya guys...

add me for beta (stupide in french) for the Intel...(...igent )!!!

MacPro. 2x2.66GHz dual-core intel xeon

memory: 5GB...yes...5GB but 6 fps :(

maybe cya one day....on field....if possible to play with my RR-mac...

Toy

makes me miss playing WWII Online. I know all I have to do is run XP but I cant bring myself to spend the money for and operating system that I consider to be the anti christ!

LMAO... nobody pays for windows except companies. Honestly, it's not worth a dime! MS makes 2 great products: keyboards, and Office. Those are worth paying for.

Windows... they should pay YOU for having to deal with it. Download Transmission from http://www.versiontracker.com (or the bit-torrent app of your choice, I reccomend Trans), then go to http://thepiratebay.org/ or the like and get youself a copy of Windows XP w/ SP2 and a WGA crack (WGA = Windows Genuine Advantage, the pre-installed Big Brother by MS that tells you your copy of windows is not legit and that [verbatim qoute] "You may be a victim of software counterfiting", rotlmao).

So, i have installed bootcamp and windows xp pro-all working and updated

I downloaded the game and installed it (winoze version)

when i try to run it i get the following message

"application error"

the instruction at "0x7c918494 referenced memory at "0x000000000" the memory could not be written"

any idea what's wrong?

Also, as I have a MAc pro with the nvidia graphs card (gt7300) i havent gone down the omega drivers route, as , from what i have read, that is only necessary for ATI cards..Is that wrong?

Also, much as i have tried, i havent found a definitive guide to running the game in bootcamp/windows..could someone please post the link for me?

Many Thanks!

I installed the omega drivers, but they didnt make any difference (seems like they are a year old, and windoze didnt even recognise them, the GT7300 graphics card is newer than the Omega Drivers)..

Dying to try this out , so if anyone else has a macpro and has managed to get the game working using bootcamp, pls drop me a line!)

MAny thanks

Newsflash!

boo hoo..in desperation i tried to run the game in OSX (just to see how it performed)

I did a clean install and the game won't launch..Playgate boots up, i log in, then i see the icon for World WAr II online in the dock, then it fades away...

help pls!

OK..

I worked out why wwii woldnt boot in OSX under Rosetta:

When i first set-up the new intel 2.66 promac, i took the option opf copying over my old G 5's home folder..This copied over my old 'preferences' folder (found in home/library/preferences)..I deleted this from my new home/library folder, and hey presto the game booted in OSX..

Unfortunately I got 2-3 fps as a rilfeman in Charleville Armybase (not a surprise, but i wanted to see how it performed!!)

Guess I will have to wait to see if I can get the pc version working in Bootcamp..

My situation re bootcamp is now:

I first tried to run the game using the graphics drivers that were installed initially (not sure if they were the drivers that Bootcamp made when I first installed bootcamp, or drivers that came with my WIndows XP pro)-the game didnt work, so next i installed the Omega NVIDIA drivers, again the game didnt work, so (in windows) I went to the NVIDIA website and downloaded/installed the drivers for my GT7300 graphics card..Still no luck getting the game to run..

I am a bit confused as to if when you first sets up bootcamp and you have to burn a cd in OSX that makes PC drivers for your mac hardware, whether that cd contains drivers for the graphics card, or if the drivers get installed when you install Windows XP..? (hard to explain as i am confused myself)

Gophur told me they intend to have native Mac Intel version for 1.25 officially. In the meantime if you get it to work under Windows on a new Mac Pro please explain how.

Problem: I'm running it on my Mac Pro, in Windows, and I have a widescreen monitor (actually, 2). There are no widescreen resolutions available, so its stretched! It also resized the second monitor to something weird!

It didn't look too bad stretched.

Loading was hella slow! I think its to do with Windows XP not having drivers for my RAID system, I tried some sketchy stuff to get them in there, but I've been told they don't work right yet, so I get 3mb/s instead of 300 0.o

And now I'm returning home to OS X. phew.

You can open the wwiiol.cfg file (with a text editor like Notepad) and manually type in the resolution you want. This is the widescreen users do. That file is in the Battleground Europe folder.

Problem: I'm running it on my Mac Pro, in Windows, and I have a widescreen monitor (actually, 2). There are no widescreen resolutions available, so its stretched! It also resized the second monitor to something weird!

It didn't look too bad stretched.

Loading was hella slow! I think its to do with Windows XP not having drivers for my RAID system, I tried some sketchy stuff to get them in there, but I've been told they don't work right yet, so I get 3mb/s instead of 300 0.o

And now I'm returning home to OS X. phew.

Ya Know, it's funny you bring that up. I just got the game working on my macbook pro and I have a 20 inch cin display hooked up. There are no resolutions that match it. It's very disapointing. But then again I have not played in since December 2005 and I'm happy to be back on the field.

VoyagerII

Hey guys, I got xp to work and all is well. Now I'm back in the game. However there are a few issues. First, how the heck do you guys get the high fps that have been posted. I get low 20's tops. I have a 2gig MacBook Pro with 256vid memory. I have a brand new 20" apple display plugged into it. I had to get into the config file to get the display to work. Also when I go to switch over to open gl through the ATI 3D control panel, save it, apply and close it, the setting don't stay. When I open the control panel the setting are back to the Direct 3D settings. Any help with setting up my system to get the max fps would be appreciated.

Thanks

VoyagerII

1st Jaguar

Remember to ask in the windows forum. Yes you are on a Mac but you are running windows so they might be helpful. Certainly more than me :-)

Remember to ask in the windows forum. Yes you are on a Mac but you are running windows so they might be helpful. Certainly more than me :-)

I've found the pc section of the forums utterly useless. The information I've received here has been far more helpful. That being said right now I am running a :

2.0 gig MaBook Pro

1 gig ram

256meg Radeon X1600

I'm running XP Home and I'm getting not too impressive fps. At least not the same as some others have been claiming using bootcamp. I"m actually getting low teens to single digits in town and low 20's outside of town. I'm not sure what else to do at this point. However it has been nice to get back in the game.

VoyagerII

The RAM might be a touch low for windows. I've heard people talk in the game about adding 1 GB and noticing a huge difference. I have a MBP also but so far only run parallels and not bootcamp. Waiting for native game... :-)

1GB of system RAM is fine. You'll only get a slight increase with 1.5GB and no real increase with 2GB (over 1.5GB). 512MB is horrible, though.

well the ati x1900 card arrived and was installed-still no luck on my macpro with the game.(game crashes before the start screen).I had a pc buddy (who handles his companies pc support) take look and he worked out that bootcamp doesnt provide drivers for the intel ® chipset PCI express x4 port 3,port 5 ,port 6 and port 7 (whatever that means!)

that was deduced from looking at the device manager/system devices...

guess theres no point contacting apple as boot camp is a beta..

roll on the UB..!!

Last week I recieved and fired up my 24" 2.16Ghz iMac Core 2 Duo w/ stock 1GB ram. Apple bootcamp drivers work great, I get 150-30 FPS on-line with everything on but radial clutter and water reflections.

Opted for the Nvidia 7600 GT (256), otherwise it's stock... And the display is AMAZING (btw, I had a MB Pro, and sent it back in favor of this puppy, no regrets there).

This leads me to beleive it's an ATI problem with the bootcamp drivers. I've never had anything against ATI, but in this case, Nvidia is up one. From winblows folks that I've talked to, they generally preffer NV over ATI because NV releases updated drivers more often, something us OS X users need not worry about. But at the same time, I see "Nvidia, the way it's meant to be played" or something similar on the splash screens of many games that I fire up.

My point made, I leave you with a question: are most games really coded to run better on Nvidia cards, or does NV just dump a lot of money into marketing? :)

herbzj, to test, go into the Battleground Europe folder and double-click on ww2_x86.exe and see if it loads. Report back. If it doesn't load, post the contents of your wwiiol.cfg file (in the same directory). It can be opened in Notepad or any text editor.

As fas as nVidia vs ATI, nvidia simply has much better OpenGL implementation. With Direct3D they are about even. The people that prefer ATI usually do based on picture quailty.

Success! Success! At last I'm getting great FPS. I peaked out at 147 and in Breda last night I was getting between 26 and 47 when all hell was breaking loose. Thanks to all for your help and support. I'll see you on the battlefield

VoyagerII

Success! Success! At last I'm getting great FPS. I peaked out at 147 and in Breda last night I was getting between 26 and 47 when all hell was breaking loose. Thanks to all for your help and support. I'll see you on the battlefield

VoyagerII

Eh, what did you do? Share with the rest of us...

It was really very simple. You get so lost in trying to get every advantage you can that you miss the obvious. What I did was click the best perfomance selection in the WWII Online settings. The only problem I'm having is that when I try to switch to open gl, click apply then go back to it. I find that the setting have reverted back to the 3dX thingy. That being said I'm getting some great fps now with just using simple settings. Given my average of 15fps what I am getting now is fantastic.

VoyagerII

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0