Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

It was really very simple. You get so lost in trying to get every advantage you can that you miss the obvious. What I did was click the best perfomance selection in the WWII Online settings. The only problem I'm having is that when I try to switch to open gl, click apply then go back to it. I find that the setting have reverted back to the 3dX thingy. That being said I'm getting some great fps now with just using simple settings. Given my average of 15fps what I am getting now is fantastic.

VoyagerII

So lets recap - as I have the same computer as you, overclocked I get nothing near the FPS you are getting:

- You are running the OMEGA drivers 6.7 version

- You did nothing in the driver control panel - using the stock options

- All you did is click best performance on the setup in WWIIOL?

Please detail for the rest of us - step by step - if you did anything else...Thanks.

So lets recap - as I have the same computer as you, overclocked I get nothing near the FPS you are getting:

- You are running the OMEGA drivers 6.7 version

- You did nothing in the driver control panel - using the stock options

- All you did is click best performance on the setup in WWIIOL?

Please detail for the rest of us - step by step - if you did anything else...Thanks.

I'm going over the particulars right now to make sure that I did do in fact what I wrote down. I've been monkeying around with this dang thing to get the fps everyone else has been claiming. I'll get back to you asap!

Respectfully

VoyagerII

1st Jaguar Regiment

Hey Tautu,

Okay I went through all the settings again to make sure I have not left anything out. I'm using the Omega driver version 3.8.273 unless there is a newer or better one available that I am not aware of.

With the ATI graphics settings I have set my #d options to open GL but I went into custom settings and pushed all the sliders to the left for performance. I have noticed no real difference in visual effects.

Over the last couple of weeks I have been getting FPS that have been going up and down alot. But my average on a FB takedown is between 27 and 40 fps. For someone like me that was use to 12 and 15 fps its a world of difference.

Flying I get the highest fps when the game is not stuttering like it does at any fps. I get between 40 and 90fps.

I hope all works out for you and I look forward to killing you soon heh! Just kidden, let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Voyager2

1s Jaguar Regiment

Sweet thanks Voyager. The problem is: how do you set it to use opengl rather than direct3d? Anyway thanks for the tips - I will try it and come back to let you know how it worked. Did you try the overclock tool I mentioned in the other thread?? It makes a HUDGE difference.

I tried the overclock thingy and everything froze up. You should be able to change to open GL by going to the ATI settings and launch that. Then click the tab that says 3D. My problem is when I close the program and open it again I find it back on that 3DX crap or what ever it is and not openGL.

S!

Just thought I should mention this:

We had a minicon here in Sydney, Australia located at my office, which happens to be the largest Apple Reseller in Australia.

$24,000AUD Mac Pro, Quad 3.0ghz with 16gb of RAM, and a friggin Quadro was one of the machines one bloke tried to use.

Screenshots on powerpoint is faster. Seriously

Had we installed windows using boot camp, FPS would have been 100+ easily.

Looking forward to a universal version rats! Keep up the good efforts.

Has any one bought the new 24" imac. I was thinking about getting one. If anyone has one can you tell me how it performs in WWIIOL?

thanks,

Parra

We won't know until RickB has the unibin version running and lets us know what the FPS is. The Rats just go him a new Intel iMac this week so we should know soon.

Has any one bought the new 24" imac. I was thinking about getting one. If anyone has one can you tell me how it performs in WWIIOL?

thanks,

Parra

Parra: With the current version of the game (non-universal), you will need to play it under windows....playing wwii online via emulation (i.e. rosetta) is horrible. However, the Rats are working towards a Universal binary. Once that's here, you're iMac should play it just fine (we hope).

There are a lot of us waiting....and waiting....and.... :D

it'll be here "soon" ©rats.

dude I'm in! can't paly though on MacBookPro right now... I hope this universal bins come out soon, very soon...like in the next 2-3 weeks, or at lest in December.

Expect it before Christmas' date=' beta of 1.25 should happen by the end of the month I expect.[/quote']

OSX Intel beta by the end of which month?

I am "guessing" by the end of November if they are to make the release this year. I don't know for sure, even the rats don't know for sure when.

I am "guessing" by the end of November if they are to make the release this year. I don't know for sure' date=' even the rats don't know for sure when.[/quote']

I've moved to a full line up of Intel macs.....so my game play is now limited to resupply...and that's about it. Single fps in every town.

How do I sign up for beta testing? I'm a long time developer, but I've had no response. I assume I need a secret hand shake or something?

If we don't get a Universal binary soon, there is no point in staying subscribed.

Come on Rats...give us some real dates.

S! See you out there.....at a very low fps.

Unibin version open beta coming soon. There are still issues at the moment which RickB is slaving away on. It runs on intel, but not usably, which is to be expected given the massive changes that happened. The fact that it runs at all is a good sign.

Once it's open it I expect 1000 mac players to try it :-)

Count me in:

Hardware Overview:

Machine Name: Mac Pro

Machine Model: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B01