• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Intel Macs

212 posts in this topic

sigh - i've been waiting for this for a few months now - hope you have a welcome back soldier when the UB versions are released (my account has been idle for a few months - it begins to add up:)

Cya later!

Dusty666

Folks, no need to post in this forum, once beta is open everyone can grab it. Of course I am amazed at how many people have posted to this topic :-)

Currently beta 4 is still kinda kaput, but Rick is making good progress so hopefully beta 5 (closed still) will finally be a good test.

Beta 5 looks great on my Quad G5, it is amazing that all those horrible weird things fixed in matter of days.

I hope we are allowed to say "good things" :)

Lets say another thing, very good performance.

I'd have to say that it was a little disapointing to read the recent 1.25 production update and see that PC users get to have Netcode2 to FURTHER improve their performance, while mac users are still struggling with 8-15 fps and there was absolutely no mention of what's going on with the open GL version.

SOoooooooooo whats going on?

I'd have to say that it was a little disapointing to read the recent 1.25 production update and see that PC users get to have Netcode2 to FURTHER improve their performance, while mac users are still struggling with 8-15 fps and there was absolutely no mention of what's going on with the open GL version.

yeah!!! what IS going on with that? any progress at all? 'cmon give us something...

1) net code 2 doesn't do anything to framerates.

2) net code 2 is in 1.25. Whether you have a mac or PC.

3) net code 2 is beta and supposedly not supported yet, so it's not a default option.

4) they have mentioned openGL a million times. They didn't do anything for 1.25, thats why nothing is mentioned in the readme.

5) the recent slowdowns are not platform specific, and is being delt with.

4) they have mentioned openGL a million times. They didn't do anything for 1.25' date=' thats why nothing is mentioned in the readme.[/quote']

Even if the da Rats don't get to it by then (which I'm sure they will), OS 10.5 will support multi-threaded Open GL which will benefit most every game, including WWIIOL.

How much is hard to speculate, but from what I've read on rumor sites it should be substantial...

Even if the da Rats don't get to it by then (which I'm sure they will), OS 10.5 will support multi-threaded Open GL which will benefit most every game, including WWIIOL.

How much is hard to speculate, but from what I've read on rumor sites it should be substantial...

It actually probably wont help at all. Games have to be coded to use it. I think Doom 3 was, not sure though (or was it Q4?). The rats could take advantage of it but something tells me they wont, or at least not for a good 2 years or so.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0