• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
slithman

WW2 casulties?

14 posts in this topic

Can somone post accuatr casulty reports. ANd is it true only around 500,000 american casulties? this seems low to me.

Can somone post accuatr casulty reports. ANd is it true only around 500' date='000 american casulties? this seems low to me.[/quote']

Send an e-mail to the Pentagon and ask them directly.

They should have it listed in the archives.

Slith, Wiki says 415K American, it's in the ball park, 380K to 400K +.

Yeah sounds about right. I remember reading or seeing somewhere that the average WWII grut on a 4 year tour who lived through it only saw like 6 mounths of actual combat time total. In Nam the same guy would see a year and a half or something like that. It was a big difference.

Yeah sounds about right. I remember reading or seeing somewhere that the average WWII grut on a 4 year tour who lived through it only saw like 6 mounths of actual combat time total. In Nam the same guy would see a year and a half or something like that. It was a big difference.

Absolutely correct, the amount of time actually spent in combat has been drastically increasing. I forget the modern figure, but GIs in Afghanistan and Iraq are seeing something on average of 250 days of actual fighting in a single year or something around that figure.

idk that doesnt eem low to anyone? US fought on in NA italy pacific normandy and its only around 400,000? what were german losses to american discluding Eastern front and japanese vs US?

US military is listed between 300K and 400K in the two books closest to my PC. They don't break down the numbers of dead per Theater. However given that 65K+ of that 400K figure would be US strategic bombing deaths on Germany alone, I would say the majority of US losses were against the Germans, I'd call it 75%.

idk that doesnt eem low to anyone? US fought on in NA italy pacific normandy and its only around 400' date='000? what were german losses to american discluding Eastern front and japanese vs US?[/quote']

German losses compared to American excluding the eastern front? Do you mean German military losses fighting exclusively against American units or German military losses in Western Europe\Africa\Balkans\Med in general?

US troops fought for less than a year in NW europe, a few months in Africa and around 2 years in Italy. In all theaters they made up part of a larger allied army. Why would you think it's low?

I can give you some figures in regards to German KIA. These are from the German war graves comission, they only count those buried in the country mentioned.

Italy 107 000

France ca.240 000

Belgium 46 000

Netherlands 31 000

Norway 11 500

Africa ca.20 000

Greece 15 000

So just from these rough KIA figures of those who actually lie buried in the country where they died we're quickly up to the half million mark.

I'd be interested to know the numbers of Germans captured. Captured soldiers might as well be dead, and the western allies made some pretty impressive hauls in WWII. Rhine pocket, Falaise pocket are two on my mind. In the retreat from Africa the axis lost 90,000 prisioners, about the amount the Russians captured at Stalingrad.

idk that doesnt eem low to anyone? US fought on in NA italy pacific normandy and its only around 400' date='000? what were german losses to american discluding Eastern front and japanese vs US?[/quote']

Not really, numbers wise the Americans weren't the "largest contigent by far." For example during Normandy, there were more British and Canadian soldiers than Americans ones. Of course through popular history you would think that Overlord was a US-only affair.

Source; "The other price of Hitlers war." M.K.Sorge.

Wehrmacht losses in the West June 6.44 to Jan. 31.45; 66 321 killed/died by wounds.

Losses in the West Sept. 1.39 to Jan. 31.45; 107 042 excluding death by wounds.

Have then in mind that for every death there was 2,5 seriously wounded.

As for POW`s in the West June -44 end of May -45; 5 480 367.

In the period June -44 out March -45; 977671.

Just to give some numbers.

I am sure there are others out there...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0