Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloo

Laptop Video Cards that work and that don't

101 posts in this topic

Dell I9300, P-M1.6, 512Mb DDR, 6800-Go 256Mb Video, play it at 1152x868x32 since WWIIOL does not yet support widescreen! (Wake up Ratz!) (have 17" Widescreen)

Game plays fine...

I have no knowledge of this computer or the folks selling it, and am not recommending it or them, but the specs look impressive if you've got the major bucks...certainly capable of running the game well, if you choose enough options: http://www.widowpc.com/2006/05/sting_517m_gami.php

Video card is nVidea GeForce Go 7900 GTX, 256 or 512MB. Should be good enough.

The only reason I bumped into this particular outfit is that they got first listing (probably by paying for it) when I did a Google search on "laptop gaming". There are lots of competing suppliers listed as well.

The point being that it's straightforward to get a fast enough laptop for this game, even at maximum graphics levels, if you have the money and motivation.

Well, mine doesn't work. I have a Dell Inspiron 8500, which sports a GeForce4 4200 Go, a comparatively old 64M video card that I gather doesn't support Direct X 9. :( System itself has 1G RAM.

Is there any hope for my laptop, or am I doomed?

I have a new HP Laptop with an ATI Express 200M 128MB. I have had problems with several games. I solved this problem by installing the OMEGA Radeon drivers. I just signed up and noticed that you need the latest drivers. I was behind and had the same problem. Would start loading then crash. I had this probelm with City of Heros also, but went to omega drivers at lowest resolution. I still had to update them with this game. I don't think the problem is the card in the Laptop. I think ATI just hasn't gotten the drivers totally debugged. I like the OMEGA version since they are much more flexible and universal.

I really am looking forward to playing and learning now that I got it working....

HP Pavilion dv 5158 ATI Radeon 200M run the game with very low fps after installing latest Omega driver

Go7600 on my new Compal HEL 80 rocks! All settings near max gives 60 fps, down to 30 fps in crowded battles. This is without overclocking the video card. Compal forums say you can overclock this video card for about 16% performance increase, but I haven't tried it yet. Bottom line is that my new laptop runs WWII Online noticeably better than my 2-yr-old desktop rig! Even during gaming the fan noise is nearly inaudible and the computer stays cool. I'm quite pleased.

Compal HEL80 from PowerNotebooks

CoreDuo 2.16 GHz

Go7600 w/256 MB

WXSGA+ widescreen, 1680x1050 native

1 GB DDR2/667

100GB, 7200 rpm HD

8x dual-layer DVDR

Built-in wireless, BlueTooth, and webcam

Windows XP Pro

Hp nx6125

amd 3100+

1 GB ram shared with video card

ati x200m up to 128mb :(

It can run stable with latest omega, but not playable fps 2-8 in towns. I can get 20-40 fps when looking in my legs or just down in vehs, but could hardly say thats playable :D

Oh yea and forget ati tray tools, blue screen of death and you end up in loop like someone said, only safe mode helps after :(

Works Great!

Dell Inspiron XPS Gen 2

Intel Pentium M 2.13 GHz

1Gb DDR2 SDRAM

533 MHz Bus

Nvidia Geforce GO 6800

Sony VAIO Intel Pentium M740 1.73GHz, 1Gb system RAM, NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200 with TurboCache.

Game works well on most settings. Can't get FPS above 35 - 40 though.

Acer Aspire 9513 WSMi

Nvidia 7900 GS 512MB

Game works amazing except after 1.24 patch fps dropped from 40 minimum to 22 minimum :confused:

Apple MacBook Pro (running Windows XP)

The game is playable at 1600x1200 (on external monitor), though the fps are questionable at times. It's nowhere near my desktop C2D E6400 + X1900XT machine that's for sure, but like now when I'm travelling for 6 weeks it's good enough to get a little BE fix every now and then. Could probably work harder at optimizing the settings.

The only issue I've had with this machine was the need to install the omega driver to get the screen to face the correct way, otherwise things have been working perfectly. Well, actually I think BE was to blame for having the CPU fan fail... apparently they haven't designed the fans to take that kind of abuse. ;-) Apple took care of that pretty quick, though.

I run it on 3 machines:

Dell Inspiron 5150 Laptop (At Work)

3.04 Ghz

GForce FX-5200 64Meg

768 Ram

1400x1050

Runs good if I turn the eye candy down

Dell Dimension 510e

3.4 Ghz

ATI X600 256Meg

1 Gig Ram

1280x1024

Runs Excellent with all eye candy

Home Brew

AMD Athilon 3000+

GForce FX-5200 256Meg

1 Gig Ram

1280x1024

Runs Excellent with all eye candy

Sony Viao

345M

894 RAM

2.6 Ghz

Crashes to Desktop while loading, yet I see a 200M that works...

(Also logging in doesn't work, I know it is the right password though)

Anybody playing with this type of cards, didn't see it on the list

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950

Let me know, my price range as allot of these in it.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Bump anybody?

Thank you!

Bump again for anyone running this card

i run game on

Sony Vaio

dual core 3.8ghz

2 gig 667 ddr2 dual channel ram

nvidia GeForce GO 7400

pre 1.25 60 - 90 fps 0.0% packetloss running both sse2 and netcode2.

post 1.25 2 - 10 fps 10 - 99.99% packetloss runnig same.

Thank you!

My laptop has that, and the game does at least start up. With default 1.25 settings, 1280x800 resolution, FPS offline was in range of 10-20. Haven't tried online yet, nor toyed with settings.

ATI RADEON MOBILITY 9700

SEEMS TO RUN THE GAME BUT COMES IN UPSIDE DOWN

HOW DO YOU CHANGE ORIENTATION ?

That's a common problem with Intel and ATI cards. Sometimes ATI releases a driver version where players experience an upside down screen ingame, and there is no option to change it. Usually, using the Omega Drivers version doesn't have this problem: http://www.omegadrivers.net/.

My laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505. 2 ghz Centrino Duo, 1 GB of ram, ATI Moblity Radeon X1400 (256)

Runs the game 20-30 fps, sometimes higher.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0