Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
squirt

MS Visual C++ Debug Library Error

14 posts in this topic

I have been away from the game for the last three months moving. Reloaded game and I know I get this error (see attachment) that causes the game to CTD. I reinstalled WinXP, drivers, etc. The only thing I have changed since three months ago are several drivers including my video card ones.

Specs

ATHLON 64 3200

1GB RAM Mushkin

WD 74GB SATA

RADEON 9800 PRO 256MB - CATALYST 5.9

Anybody seen this before? Anybody else having probs with CAT 5.9 drivers?Could it be something else?

I had this right after installing game on a new motherboard with a fresh install of WinXP pro. I had to actually reinstall winxp and then install the game again to get rid of it. So you may have to reinstall your operating system.

My hope is that someone has found an easier way and will post it here.

Good luck.

I had this right after installing game on a new motherboard with a fresh install of WinXP pro. I had to actually reinstall winxp and then install the game again to get rid of it. So you may have to reinstall your operating system.

My hope is that someone has found an easier way and will post it here.

Good luck.

Yeah I did that, reinstalled WinXP after i experinced a couple of CTD's the first time. I reinstalled everythinga nd upodated all drivers and BIOS; still CTD's. There is anotehr thread; so far 3 of us with MSI MB and RADEON video cards have CTD's we can'r get rid of......

Frustrating as h**l I tell ya. More so when your paying money and can't paly....

I've been getting them to, Plus I sent My system out to be checked, because of the debug thing. Nothing wrong on my side.

Bump for RAT Response about the C++ debug error, I am CTDing more than ever. I'm lucky to get 30 minutes in. Here is the error message from the CRS Battleground Europe Folder called ww2erinfo:

File version: 1, 19, 5, 255

Program compile time: Aug 11 2005 12:52:29

Date and time: 9/15/2005 12:22:41

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x6950bc91

Exception tried to: read at address 0x037a6690

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x0000003b, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x0379eda8, ESP: 0x0013fa64, **: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x6950bc91

ESI: 0x0371f1c0, EDI: 0x03793500

EAX: 0x00000001, EBX: 0x000000f1, ECX: 0x032ab780, EDX: 0xffffff00

Any help here?

And here is my errror log file from my latest CTD 3 minutes ago:

File version: 1, 19, 6, 255

Program compile time: Sep 15 2005 10:32:06

Date and time: 9/15/2005 18:58:29

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x00504f01

Exception tried to: write at address 0xdea0bcc2

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x0000003b, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x00a2132c, ESP: 0x0012f16c, **: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x00504f01

ESI: 0x2ad7210c, EDI: 0x0012f188

EAX: 0x1c3e75e8, EBX: 0xbfa6b837, ECX: 0xdea0bcc2, EDX: 0xbfa6b837

Maybe this is related to comptuer memory? I am just guessing but maybe that is what is causing it. Something to look into. And report to CRS because it might be happening due to thier programming. Maybe they can fix it.

Maybe this is related to comptuer memory? I am just guessing but maybe that is what is causing it. Something to look into. And report to CRS because it might be happening due to thier programming. Maybe they can fix it.

Ran memtest for 6 hours; nothing. Guess I could run it longer, like 24. I agree it looks like a memory problem but.......I'm not convinced.

Posted logs, sent logs (CRS support) and with 1.96 out did a complete reinstall of WinXP but this time rolled all drivers back to a config I had previsouly 3 months ago. Insatlled an launched WWII Online: BE and this is what I got after flying for 3 minutes:

Can somebody explain whta might be casuing the program (BE) to cause assertion failures? All my troubles have something to do with the MS Visual C++ Debug Library....which is? Can I update, remove and install such a thing?

OK, started googling Visual C++ Assertion errors. Ended up at MS obvilsuy this whta I found:

QUOTE: An assertion statement specifies a condition that you expect to hold true at some particular point in your program. If that condition does not hold true, the assertion fails, execution of your program is interrupted, and the Assertion Failed dialog box appears.

From my posted pic of the assertion failed Dialog box, the guilty program is WW2.exe!!!

Continuing on, MS goes on to say:

QUOTE: When the debugger halts because of an MFC or C run-time library assertion, it navigates to the point in the source file where the assertion occurred (if the source is available). The assertion message appears in the Output window as well as the Assertion Failed dialog box. You can copy the assertion message from the Output window to a text window if you want to save it for future reference. The Output window may contain other error messages as well. Examine these messages carefully, because they provide clues to the cause of the assertion failure.

Again looking at my posted pic, the file line and expression are all identifed. Comments CRS? CAn I send you soemthing to help you help me and Tiger16?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0