• Announcements

• CHIMM

Operation Burning Skies   09/17/2019

All pilots scramble!  Strap yourself in for this months Community event - Operation Burning Skies! This Sunday, September 22, 11 am – 5 pm server time. In honor of XOOM and friends showcasing WWII Online at the Oregon International  Air Show – our forces too will battle for superiority in Operation Burning Skies. High Commands are on high alert to rally their forces to victory! Lift off, and see a whole new world of WWII Online… Fearless bomber pilots make the skies rain down fire – our daring fighter pilots are in pursuit of their prey- as western Europe erupts in war on the ground below! Rally your squads, rally your buddies - Combined arms are back!  …Under Burning Skies! SALUTE!
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Billen

New patch, unable to start the game

109 posts in this topic

After having been thrown out of the game, I tried starting again. This time it prompted me to download and install a patch.

"Jolly goo, and achtungs for all", I thought. Only to notice that the patch made the game CTD during the loading screen. Now I can't get in anymore. anyone else experiencing this?

My installer wont even finish installing the new patch making it unable to connect to the game (until the patch is installed). It keeps telling me

"The file C:PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\\playarc.w2t is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded". I had just downloaded this game a week ago.

Any suggestions? Do i need to reinstall?

I get the same thing. The new patch was loaded and now when I try to log in, the bar goes all the way through, then I get a white screen saying "login complete" followed by a ctd. not sure what to do now....

I get the same thing. The new patch was loaded and now when I try to log in' date=' the bar goes all the way through, then I get a white screen saying "login complete" followed by a ctd. not sure what to do now....[/quote']

I'm getting the same thing.

really_mad.gif

ya same white screen . well Iam sure they fixing things.

Another thing why dont they have the unit kills on the main page working anymore> its been the same for like 11 months.

Yes 90% thru load screen, goes all white and CTD. Let me know if more info is required.

ErrorLog -

File version: 1, 19, 6, 255

Program compile time: Sep 15 2005 10:32:06

Date and time: 9/16/2005 9:20:34

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x004e9cb0

Exception tried to: read at address 0x12da1000

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x00000038, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x12da0be9, ESP: 0x0013f28c, **: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x004e9cb0

ESI: 0x01034690, EDI: 0x12da0be8

EAX: 0x12da1000, EBX: 0x0013f7f8, ECX: 0x12db5590, EDX: 0x000000dd

I get the same thing. The new patch was loaded and now when I try to log in' date=' the bar goes all the way through, then I get a white screen saying "login complete" followed by a ctd. not sure what to do now....[/quote']

Exactly the same for me 8-(

Posted in the wrong thread perhaps (at the barracks). Got the same thing with white screen.

Rebooted and instead of just going 60% it loads 90% and then ctd.

Did a clean reinstall hoping it would fix anything and it now goes to 90% and...sigh.

my error log reads the same as fenrix. im running a GeForce 3 ti 200 Vcard and a fellow navy guy in TS said to DL and install drivers for the thing, worked for him. so i did that and i still get the problem.

something to note, when i DL the new drivers and install them that window saying "this software has not been varified by da da da da da for compatability with windows xp. continuing may destabalize da da da da..."

which is a load of crap b/c i checked 3 times and the drivers i DL'd were for windows 2000/XP.

that white screen always says "authenticating" (in REALLY small letters :P) or "login complete" (also really small). perhaps thats the problem? error log seems to point to some kind of access problem also.

somehow patch days always come on days that just suck in general. this sure isnt helping :P

any help rats?

check to make sure the file is completely uploaded on their server before trying to download. Sometimes you can try to download the file while it's still being put online.

Not sure if this helps, but just before it jumps to the white screen is see something saying "game loop..." in that red bar. Could be wrong, but it sure looks like it.

I got the file as an auto update. I started up the game and it just automatically started downloading the patch.

I'll send a email otu about this, maybe one of the coders will take a look at it tonight. I don't there will be a fix before tomorrow though. Anyway, just letting Badger alerted me and I'll get with Gophur.

Add me to the list, download, install and crash before it finishes...both online games I play are screwed up....must kill something...

Hi Ppl,

When I first started playing this game i used to get the white screen then CTD problem, spent nearly 5 hours going over everything with Gnasche and in the end we decided to try and re-install my video card drivers as a last resort.

It solved the problem, hopefully it will work for you too, for some reason the game sometimes messes up your drivers, so try re-installing them and see if it helps.

Hope it works for you like it did for me.

as i said before, i had a m8 on ts saying he also had this problem today and reinstalled the vid drivers and that fixed it, but apparently its something diff for every1 b/c that works for some, but some not. ill try to ts setting thing in a sec

[edit] nop, no joy on the sound setting thing.

im stumped.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0