Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Billen

New patch, unable to start the game

109 posts in this topic

Same problem, the installer locks updating a .playarc.w2v file.

"is not a valid previous version and could not be upgraded"

was working fine last night, so the problem is with this new patch.

Yeah, problem is with the new patch and Ramp is on it. So I feel happy!!! I can now get into game but have to go through several "white screen" ctd's first.

It must be something to do with when it loads the infantry models. My progress bar seems to hang on loading infantry models and then it jumps to the next section of loading (approx. 40%). Everytime it does this I get the white screen. When it runs through smoothly, I can get into game.

hmm it sends me to a WWIIonline maitence internet page saying "We were unable find the requested page." Hmmm????

Go into WWIIOL Settings App, change something and save it, go back in and put it back to normal and save again.

Then try logging in. As long as you've taken care of the windows firewall as well then this should work.

yup white screen for me too. with a small text saying, "authenticating" and then ctd.

I re-installed the latest video drivers but no luck...

same for me, although I got in played 2 hrs ctded, got kicked out now I cant get back in.

got in the 1st time after rebooting the cpu, now that doesnt work.

Never had any problembs before patch.

help please

cole1a

I went into the settings today and just clicked ok, didn't have to change anything and it all works...for now anyway. Before it didn't give me anything than white screen as the rest here.

So try opening settings and either change something or not...just click the ok button and it might work for you too.

I went into the settings today and just clicked ok, didn't have to change anything and it all works...for now anyway. Before it didn't give me anything than white screen as the rest here.

So try opening settings and either change something or not...just click the ok button and it might work for you too.

I did, but it did not work :(

I'm off work today, fridge is loaded..I just wanna play damnit!!! ;)

edit: now I get a "login complete" message and ctd. Still this friggin white screen.

I know the feeling hedkvist. Had moments when I got lots of drinks and food bunkered up and then I can't play the game because of various reasons. Opening a book or watch tv just doesn't cut it...when you really want to get into the game.

I hope it all gets solved quickly hedkvist.

I got into game through AHC homepage. Why I did not think of that in the first place I have no idea hehe

go to wwionline.com, look at the left side for community, choose high commands and you should find the PLAY ALLIED/AXIS shortcuts.

edit: thanks robswede but problem solved now woohooo yer axis right? Im so gonna kill you ;)

Guess I was just lucky, cause it does not work anymore. Same white screen...WAKE UP CRS! Or atleats give us a comment!!!

I am getting the White Screen of Death (WSOD) as well. So far I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled the game, changed the settings in the setting box, changed my NIC settings, disabled all firewalls, launched from desktop icons and the home page for both the training and main servers. Nothing works consistently but I did get in twice and played for a few hours last night with no hitches.

Any word on this one yet?

I just received a hint on ts. Deactivate ur antivir prog b4 launching wwiiol and u can enter the game. After that u can reactivate ur antivir prog again. Thx Parasit for the hint, but CRS that is not a solution!

(I also posted it into my thread in the barracks)

I had the same problem after installing latest patch, white screen with text "Authenticating" or "Login complete" etc. I installed new video drivers, tried disabling antivirus and tried chancing settings, but it didnt help. Then i started game in Practice Offline mode, no problems. After that i managed to log in online without errors. Give it a try if you havent allready...

All of these fixes are still just work arounds. I too have the white screen before CTD, if I keep trying to start the game it finally will work but next time I will get white screen again. The rats have changed something in the code that will need to be fixed. This may take some time.

Thing is, I've never had any problems like this in my more than 2 year subscription to the game. I've had a few ctd's and stuff yes, but nothing like this. I guess I should be grateful for that but Im not. Its been over 9 hrs of this white screen ctd now and Im pissed off.

its nearly for 24hrs a known issue and still not solved. the hint with antivir program worked only once for me. i could log back on after i deactivated my antivir program but i got the same prob after the server went down for maintenance round about 1 hour ago.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0