• Announcements

• XOOM

Volunteer PHP Developer wanted to revive the Gazette!   07/24/2019

We're looking to properly revive the World@War Gazette and need a solid PHP developer to help take some work forward. If you have some skills with PHP and are looking for some experience and to bring important home page news / recognition for individual players back to WWII Online, I'd like to hear from you! Submit an inquiry to jobs@corneredrats.com with some details about your experience. You will need at least 10+ hours per week to contribute to the team. The Gazette's current status can be found here: https://www.wwiionline.com/resources#gazette
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Billen

New patch, unable to start the game

109 posts in this topic

I just managed to log in to server. Might be pure luck like the last time, but I will try to re-install playgate if it fails again.

Although Playgate says everything is OK. :)

I tried reinstalling playgate, and still have the same problem. I'm not sure where to find an error log to post, but from the text on the loading bar, when it says "preloading sdm's" and doesn't move on to loading inf and veh, that is when I get the white screen. I am able to log into the game after trying several times, but after ctd, or new log in it happens again. I am able to play offline, but not the live server or the training server.

Thanks for working on this issue

My God CRS....wat have u done...

as if the Blue Screen of Death wasnt enough for the world...U have introduced a whole new color of the Screen Of Death!

Combined, there can be no stopping them...

my god....this is the end....*runs around screaming and camping on street corners with the "the end is upon us" signs*

(all in good fun, all in good fun, i know u guys working on it)

Here is something to try. Uninstall both BE and PlayGate from add/remove programs, reboot your system then reinstall with the latest full version.

Full Version

And see if the problem persist.

Here is something to try. Uninstall both BE and PlayGate from add/remove programs, reboot your system then reinstall with the latest full version.

Full Version

It works! Downloaded the full install, uninstalled, reloaded and everything works fine! Thanks for the help! (can I possibly use any more !, yes!!!)

ugg already uninstalled and reinstalled BE, but not playgate. guess ill give it a try, nothing else to do atm :P

btw flip, have u checked to make sure it works time after time. lots of folks saying "IT WORKS!" then come back saying it was a fluke.

I get the same thing. The new patch was loaded and now when I try to log in' date=' the bar goes all the way through, then I get a white screen saying "login complete" followed by a ctd. not sure what to do now....[/quote']

I'm getting the same thing... after loading the patch

Full Version

HAHA RWS

first thing i think of when i see that sig is:

rules5sz.jpg

lol sorry it just cracks me up. whoever photoshopped that was a genius.

ok sorry i got off topic :P

Nope, uninstalled both, rebooted, re-installed.

Still goes white screen and crashes.

It's not all the time though, both before and after the re-install I can get in about a fifth of the time.

YAY! thx krieger, that did it for me.

u'll be getting a nice big case of jack D in the mail sometime =)

just remember its from me

btw flip' date=' have u checked to make sure it works time after time. lots of folks saying "IT WORKS!" then come back saying it was a fluke.[/quote']

It does work time after time now. I used the windows add/remove programs to unistall the game and the playgate program, then downloaded the complete install of 1.19.6, which includes the playgate application. Loaded the entire thing back and haven't had the white screen since then. I have booted up both the training server and the normal server several times since then. Hope it works as well for everyone else

Flip

Sheesh!

Ok, If I do the uninstall reinstall thing...what are the files I need to save and move over again so that I don't have to reconfigure my keymapper settings again?

aye i did that and its apparently working flip. RATS i'd put this as a sticky.

and quidam, theres no telling wat files are causing this so i'd assume ur best bet is to just remove em all.

i reackon u are from pre-1.19 so u prolly went through the pain-in the arse keymap before. rekeymapping isnt a chore anymore, mostly u can leave defaults. took me 5 mins to get everything working. + its easy to experiment b/c u can keymap while spawned in now, so, i'd recommend just getting rid of it all.

I saved off my cmfl files and then copied them over to my data folder after uninstalling and reinstalling. Didn't work. Had to reconfigure everything again. The biatch of it all is that I don't remember all of my keymapper configs until I go to use something and it doesn't work.

Anyway, I was able to get load the game but then crashed on despawn. Got some error messages that I haven't seen before...

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Assertion Failed!

Program: C:\PROGRA~1\CRS|BATTLE~\ww2.exe

File: dbgdel.cpp

Line: 52

Expression: _BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->BlockUse)

For information on how your program can cause an assertion

failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

And...

Microsoft Visual C++ Debug Library

Debug Error!

Program: C:\PROGRA~1\CRS\BATTLE~1\ww2.exe

DAMAGE: before (null) block (#-572662307) at 0x347F7950.

(Press Retry to debug the application)

I don't want to reinstall my entire game everytime a new patch comes.. I will give CRS a day before I re-install everything =(

Im getting the same memory error in the error log that was posted earlier. Funny cause I did the download yesterday and was playing fine. Today I logged in earlier at it was fine. Logged out, came back a couple hours later, now everytime the screen finishes loading the stuff at the beginning it crashes to the desktop. I didnt do anything to my PC since the last time I played, which was only a hour or two ago.

Grrrr this is anoying.

Hey any of you who are getting the errors that were posted try updating your Video Drivers. I just completely through my system but once I updated my NVIDIA drivers I was able to log in and it worked fine.

Its worth a shot people.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0