Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Billen

New patch, unable to start the game

109 posts in this topic

Im getting the same memory error in the error log that was posted earlier. Funny cause I did the download yesterday and was playing fine. Today I logged in earlier at it was fine. Logged out, came back a couple hours later, now everytime the screen finishes loading the stuff at the beginning it crashes to the desktop. I didnt do anything to my PC since the last time I played, which was only a hour or two ago.

Grrrr this is anoying.

Its an odd deal too, because although this CTD has the new white screen look to it, it is the same CTD I had been getting for some time, til I bought another gig of RAM. MO mentioned it might be bad ram and went out and go some more. Seemed to fix things right up for 9 months, now its back. Makes me wonder if it wasn't something in the code to begin with.

Here is something to try. Uninstall both BE and PlayGate from add/remove programs, reboot your system then reinstall with the latest full version.

Full Version

And see if the problem persist.

Didn't work for me Krieger. I am able to get into the game, it just takes about 3-4 times to do it. I don't know if this is related, but have a look at this post/pic......http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=53274

Thanks

I don't want to reinstall my entire game everytime a new patch comes.. I will give CRS a day before I re-install everything =(

same sentiment here. plus I know I won't be able to reconfigure all my cmfl files to what they are now without a huge huge headache. they should have an "advanced" button on the keymapper to turn on all the editing features.

When I'm in a new program that I don't know and go into an advanced screen and I don't understand what I see I back right the heck up and don't touch a thing. ...the idea behind removing those features was to make the game for user friendly? lol man..

text editing will turn into a nightmare for me.

funny thing, my laptop is able to play.

Here is something to try. Uninstall both BE and PlayGate from add/remove programs, reboot your system then reinstall with the latest full version.

Full Version

And see if the problem persist.

No help in my case, i still get the white screen and ctd. Hope you guys fix this as soon as possible, i still can play, but its all about luck when i get the game running.

I tried the uninstall/reset/reinstall bit and it worked once for me. One thing that has seemed to work is doing all the above* then launching the Offline mode first, exiting the game, and then going online. That has gotten me in a couple of times consecutively.

*I don't reinstall every time, just did that once and then launch the offline mode before going online.

everything still works fine after reinstalling the 1.19.6 full version but i got endless stutters (fps drops to 0-4 fps) and it takes me forever to spawn in. its ok to wait 20-30 secs till im spawned but not 2-3minutes like now. it took me 10secs b4 i had the WSOD and it is just annoying to wait more then 2mins to spawn in...

everything still works fine after reinstalling the 1.19.6 full version but i got endless stutters (fps drops to 0-4 fps) and it takes me forever to spawn in. its ok to wait 20-30 secs till im spawned but not 2-3minutes like now. it took me 10secs b4 i had the WSOD and it is just annoying to wait more then 2mins to spawn in...

Same...getting much longer spawn in times and endless stutters.

Last patch was better performance wise.

For those having this problem, make sure you don't still have SpeedTreeRT.dll in your Battleground Europe folder. If you do, rename it, move it or delete it. I still haven't been able to duplicate the problem people are seeing.

i also continue to have this exact problem.

loading sequence ends, messages appear bottom center

"login complete"

"authenticating" -white screen of doom appears.

uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling twice did not help.

no probs playing off line, the problem is perhaps in the authentificaiton-connection code server side.

i also continue to have this exact problem.

loading sequence ends, messages appear bottom center

"login complete"

"authenticating" -white screen of doom appears.

uninstalling, restarting and reinstalling twice did not help.

no probs playing off line, the problem is perhaps in the authentificaiton-connection code server side.

Same here. I got in once yesterday, but have not been able to today. Gnache, maybe we should start some sort of equipment and drivers poll? Then we might see a common thread?

I am also having this problem. Sometimes it loads. However right now I just cannot get in. It does not complete the loading bar and knocks me back to windows explorer. Pissing me off.

next problem after reinstalling the 1.19.6 version. none of my cfml files are working. i have to remap everything. here comes the problem. somehow i cant remap the throttle to my slider. nothing happens. i just recalibrated my joystick and everything works fine but i cant remap the throttle. so krieger, why does wwiiol ignore my old cfml files and why cant i remap the throttle to the slider?

any1 else with the same problem?

btw, still no WSOD after reinstalling the 1.19.6 full version.

I thought I solved my problem by using the "settings" fix, but it turns out that whenever I reboot my computer I must go and open Settings and then just close it by pressing OK. If I don't then I wont get into the game, but if I do...then the first attempt works just fine.

i'm trying to help latham with this on ts now, just as a hunch i asked him to untick sounds in settings.exe (turn them off completely) he did and game started, so gonna get him the latest sound driver and see if that helps, will post back here, but try unchecking sounds, least we can isolae for "some" people maybe.

edit* well it looks like we sorted latham, reinstalled sound drivers, rebooted reticked sound, and he's in game.

gl folks :)

I took someones advice and reinstalled the game from scratch...

It's been working fine now for a number of hours. Was a pain in the neck adjusting all of the settings but I'm playing again....

I have same problem.

If I unclick "enable sound" in settings, then I can get into game, but as soon as I click "enable sounds" and try to log in again, I get the white screen.

Dowloaded drivers again, no help.

I have SB 2z sound card.

I took someones advice and reinstalled the game from scratch...

It's been working fine now for a number of hours. Was a pain in the neck adjusting all of the settings but I'm playing again....

Let us know if you are able to log on again after you've logged off.

I have same problem.

If I unclick "enable sound" in settings, then I can get into game, but as soon as I click "enable sounds" and try to log in again, I get the white screen.

Dowloaded drivers again, no help.

I have SB 2z sound card.

hmmm latham has a SB audigy2, try the auto update on creatives site, see if it chages something else.

Tried both del's idea and Gnashe's removal of the line in cfg file. I still get white screen then ctd with sound, but can log into game with sound unchecked.

Tried both del's idea and Gnashe's removal of the line in cfg file. I still get white screen then ctd with sound' date=' but can log into game with sound unchecked.[/quote']

Same here.

Eventually got in with 'Primary Sound Device' selected rather than my actual sound card (Fortissimo III), but don't know if that was just a fluke or not.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0