• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lindir

24th of September Event (#2)

64 posts in this topic

Event Start time:

To join the Event come the 24th of September at 2PM EST on the training server.

Training Server Launch Link (http://www.mirror.wwiionline.com/launch/launch_training.html)

(To know your local time www.timeconverter.com)

2PM Registration Open

2.30PM Registration Closed and Event Start

Event will last 3 to 4 hours.

Allied:

A BEF Recon Unit will be in charge of the Defense of several Key objectives in Düsseldorf. They will insure regular patrol in towns, their main objective will be to defend the town Anti Aircraft guns and defeat the Axis forces.

Axis:

Axis forces will have to destroy several key objectives and evacuate the town with the minimum losses.

More details will be given directly to the Axis and Allied COs to keep each sides objectives secret.

Squads:

3DLM (Allied)

FAF (Allied)

1SC (Allied)

4th MARCD (Allied)

Überfinns Perkele (Axis)

KGW (Axis)

1st FJ (Axis)

Windhunt(Axis)

You can register a squad if you send a mail to lindir@playnet.com

2PM Registration Open what time in Madrid is?

I don't know exactly time zone of CRS servers...

I prefer asking than being late...

The Event time is 20h not 21h

Sorry for the confusion

20h for those in Paris

and yes Madrid time = Paris time. Keep in mind that France observes Daylight savings and is currently IN daylight savings time.

No matter what browser I used I couldn't get in to training server. Only way in was using a shortcut directly to Playgate, and in properties on that shortcut I did this:

Just create a shortcut on your desktop to PlayGate.exe (right-click, send- to-desktop), then edit the shortcut properties (right-click on the playgate.exe shortcut, properties) and you will see something like the following in the Target box:

C:\WW2OL\playgate\PlayGate.exe or "c:\program files\WWIIOL\playgate\PlayGate.exe"

and add 22 = Enter trainning server

Should look like this:

C:\WW2OL\playgate\PlayGate.exe 22

Just wanted any stragglers to know ;)

No matter what browser I used I couldn't get in to training server. Only way in was using a shortcut directly to Playgate, and in properties on that shortcut I did this:

Just create a shortcut on your desktop to PlayGate.exe (right-click, send- to-desktop), then edit the shortcut properties (right-click on the playgate.exe shortcut, properties) and you will see something like the following in the Target box:

C:\WW2OL\playgate\PlayGate.exe or "c:\program files\WWIIOL\playgate\PlayGate.exe"

and add 22 = Enter trainning server

Should look like this:

C:\WW2OL\playgate\PlayGate.exe 22

Just wanted any stragglers to know ;)

Ty.

I used this and could enter and play :-)

Definately the coolest thing that ever happened to this game.

S! to elrumpo, had a blast with you in that vickers!

I'd like to apologize for all the players on the axis side that got their gameplay ruined by the multitude of bugs we faced.

From the start of the event everything was severly ****ed up. Our paras were designed to take and hold a landing zone from inside the town for the glider unit, but alas, the Ju52 and all its paras had FPS in the area of .10 or .25 and at best it took 5-15 seconds from pressing the J key to actually get the paratrooper to jump out.

Thus all the paras were scattered all over the town, the countryside and some instawarped due to lag some 20km behind the lines and fell through the land. Some CTD'd on approach. The glider unit couldnt land in town due to small amount of paras that got near the LZ + bad fps. After landing the Glider Ju52 on the E side of town (nice landing the Whoofe, I wasnt certain we'd make it but seems you rode the stutters down very nicely. First we were still approaching at 1km and suddenly we were stopped on the ground) I immediately lost sight of everybody except the 10 closest guys even with high player visibility settings.

Then I discovered I was invisible. No wonder people couldnt follow me.

I'm not even going to go into the matter of the AI AA, AI MG etc, that was nasty. Even the heavy AI that hit Whoofe when he landed to evac our units (or unit actually).. well, half of the squad on board him died to an explosion, along with Whoofes #2 crewman, and after that one of the multiple Vickies the Allies had finished off his pilot.

From what I gathered, atleast 1st platoon was working quite nicely once we got into contact with enemy, 2 guys alone counted 13 kills between them, riflemen both. Some squads didnt follow orders that closely, but things get missed in the heat of text messaging. 2nd Platoon worked hard with their purely SMG equipment, and the company reserve which had a 251 and some paks and inf worked just nicely as well - although the last moments of the 251 and a pak are still clouded in mist. What happened?

Even though the waiting and the bugs must have been a disappointment for the most of us, myself included, I'm hoping we'll learn something from this event..

That is : To never do big para or glider attacks in large factory towns ever again until perhaps Unity2 engine and Africa.

Here was my experience.

Took more than an hour of waiting on the airfield before our plane actually too off, then another half hour of circling because the paras hadn't died, so we couldn't land (huh?). Then I CTD'd.

There was a problem with the AI in town, it was being nasty? Odd, we were told there wouldn't be any?

All and all I didnt have much fun. =/ Maybe next time will be better...

Well I died after 1.5 hour of waiting and 1 hour of fighting. I didn't even see any EIs but I had enough work to try keep my squad gaoing and darkkis updated. I died near RR station. Fighting itself was quite good but everything else...

These event's are starting to become too big. Organization phase takes too long and bugs are getting worse when player numbers increase. With all atgs, tanks, planes and other vehicles these events lost some uniquenes that these events had.

Keeping platoons (not mentioning company) in working fighting machines is increasingly hard to leaders. Old two or three squad events were much more enjoyable. Our communication means cannot cope with this large numbers.

But still these events are better that "normal" game.

Bitter is right. Events are still better than normal game, but too big right now.

Smaller events were much more fun and easier to organize.

Again was too long waiting time to start but I was prep-aided for that with wine and TV ;)

Lag was very bad on air. AI-AA blow me away and pin whole platoon down near NE-side factory.

Earlier training server rank-settings was tweaked down so binos were only leaders and I hope that will be happened at future events.

Those early events was kind of fun when not using binos was gentleman agreement.

Now events are too big that kind of rules as that 1 ¤"#¤! a..hat today shows how 1 lonewulf can destroy immersion and fun for many :(

all i know is kept gettin told to get out of buildings there destroyed and they all looked up to us then guys were gettin sniped trying to listen and get out of them like they were told.as i can figure buildings were up and looked safe to axis but down and clear shots to allied. was frustrating to say the least.still kinda fun though nice change of pace

hey all I was OIC for Allies.

First thanks to Sections 1,2 and 3 for listening to me and following orders. Their leaders were sitisan of section 1 of the french players. can1ab (something like that, sorry =/) of section 2 for the spanish players and usarmy of section 3 for randoms who just came :)

Lets see how it started. Basic troops spawn Central AB and get orders. Section 1 is to cover the north part of town and patrol between factories 3 and 4. Section 2 is to stay in CAB and the "C" looking area made by the river. Section 3 is to take the south and patrol between the S factory and the SE AB. HQ platoon with me went right for the Rail Road station and setup HQ there. Section 3 in the south had 2 AAA guns, HQ platoon had 1 and Section 1 had another.

Paradrops first reported to the SE (what a sight that was). Yes we did start to see some of the 64 limit but we used markers on the map to find our selves. Most AAA guns were under a roof and not in a posistion to fire at the JU's overhead.

I span out HQ platoon to cover some good firing areas E and order section 2 up to the RR station. We had a guy to the far east of town who reported us some movements and got 4 kills before he died. He was one of our first dead.

Section 1 and 3 were orderd to tighten up their patrols and converge on their bridges which were N and S respectivly.

Section 2 arrives w/ HQ platoon at RR. They set-up facing NE and HQ platoon SE. Section 2 by this time has lost their vickers to a pak. They encounter some heavy fighting from the NE as well as HQ platoon to the SE. Section 2 more so than HQ platoon.

My intital thoughts are that the enemy will move on the S bridge. Section 3 which was under-manned was taking some hits but doing very well! At this point most the fighting starts to level off and some kill and movement repots come in.

A man from section 3 was able to track down the HT and put a bullet through the drivers head and return to the South bridge alive. A AT-Rifle from section 2 was able to take out the pak (i thought there were 2 but only one i guess).

Then section 1 which was being very disaplined (go section 1) about guarding the N even though very few enemy were spoted, reported at least 10 enemy in the NE factory. Then a few minutes later, 20. Then 30.

HQ platoon vickers then saw a good 15 men cross the major road (unfortunatly out of firing range) to the North. I sent section 2 to go up to the north. Unforntunatly, I didn't realize that they had taken such a beating that they were only 4 men strong. They got holed up so I sent the WHOLE HQ platoon thru the CAB up to the northern bridge.

HQ platoon arrived just in time as section 1 had to retreat to the bridge line. After securing the area I ordered a counter attack and grabbed the vickers from section 3 in the south to go support the north, giving a total of 2 (or 3, dunno if section 1 lost their vickers or not) in the area.

Myself and the AAA gun still at the rail road got a big shock when suddenly the AAA gun fired a point blank range (the gun was INSIDE THE RR station). He managed to shoot a paratrooper that was no more than 2 meters in front of him. Scared both of us. No more than a minute later I find another paratrooper creeping up.

Realizing that these paratroopers would transmit the location of the AAA gun, and not wanting to move it, I order section 3 in the south to bring up 2 men to my location. Unfortunatly, and for this I take responsiblity, section 2 which I had sent up north and was stopped became annihilated. My appologies section 2, I should have had you stay w/ me at the RR bridge. Anyways, section 3 sends me 2 men and left with 2.

They arrive the AAA gun goes downstairs. Unfortunatly, the AAA gun is sniped :( One of the men from section 3 reports kiling 2 on the way over. Suddenly, I start to hear smoke grenades as the RR station is directly attacked form the SE. Blast it all, where did they come from? I would have sworn that all remaining enemy were getting their asses handed to them by the vickers counter attack in the north. Plus I hear LMG fire. WTF? I really was wondering what was going on. I realized then that my possistion was under fire by at least 4-8 men. No chance for the 3 of us.

Both the men from section 3 have perished and suddenly a paratrooper is face to face with me. Both of us shoot off our SMG's and are both injured but not dead. I fall to the ground upon my redness to see him on the ground too. I reload, he reloads... I die, unable to finish reloading before my death.

all i know is kept gettin told to get out of buildings there destroyed and they all looked up to us then guys were gettin sniped trying to listen and get out of them like they were told.as i can figure buildings were up and looked safe to axis but down and clear shots to allied. was frustrating to say the least.still kinda fun though nice change of pace

I recall that some of the buildings were destroyed so I don't think there were glitches.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0