• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lindir

24th of September Event (#2)

64 posts in this topic

you guys should have free monthly events! heck even weekly

<---crap just noticed my join date it has been a long time and only 3 posts!

... and the company reserve which had a 251 and some paks and inf worked just nicely as well - although the last moments of the 251 and a pak are still clouded in mist. What happened?

My section #2 killed one Pak north of east bridge, close to city cp. Also we saw 251 and hitted gunner. He retreated.

S!

Despite all the bugs and problems i still think this was another great event.

Hats off to Lindir and Darkkis (as always).

I personally consider it one of the best i took part in because of the atmosphere and tension inside the city.

(I was part of 3rd squad/1st platoon axis ("lag gliders")).

Even though i died in a stupid way to an EI i think it was great fun.

Lessions learned:

- The number of ppl involved was great - the negative effects on vis limit / lag have to be considered but i don't think fewer ppl would be better.

IMHO we have to establish small units with tight comms to be still able to manage the overall size.

- Make TS a must for these events, group those without into separate squads.

- Squadleaders NEED to have binoculars!!! (Ours didn't... so we had the paradox situation where everyone in our squad had binos except the leader and one other person).

- Schedule needs to be tighter. If you are not there in time for the planning or crash or experience other difficulties, you should be allowed to join as some sort of support troops only (maybe from a predefined spawn point with greater distance to the target or something like that) and not as part of the regular organisation to prevent disrupting the schedule..

- Maybe there is a way to split the planning phase between several ppl.

I would be glad to help darkkis get things organized at the start if we can think of a way to effectively coordinate the effort.

The workload is huge and everyone is just yelling so maybe we could have someone just answering all the questions ("Where do i go?", "Who is my squad leader?", "What is the objective?" while darkkis hands out the jobs and positions?

Well, honestly I can't make a debriefing simply because there are too many things to say and my english is too bad. Every single moment during these Realism Event is worthing the account, even without log in the "main arena", because you can feel the war and the fear to die.

When there will be also a permanent ladder with a real Campaign, I'm sure this pathos will be rised up giving to the Events more appeal. Thanks to the guys envolved in the organization.

!

Just confirming Weeed's experience. Buildings all looked intact to us. No idea why Linder and other where seeing them as blown or vice versa. Fastlane - thanks for killing me :)

Was a super fun event, even with the glitches already described.

I was commander of 2nd platoon having command of 4 squads, primarily paratroopers and a support unit with 251 and paks.

The paradrop went completely wrong and paras got way to seperated (due to log for pilot and paras, my fps was between 1 and 4), but hey, that's war for you. In the end we got the remainder of HQ squad and 1st squad together and teamed up with 1st platoon. The AI incident cost us some casualties and gave our position completely away, so we were ordered to work our way south from n end of Duss towards the rr station. We were followed 200 meters behind by a vickers and some EI - very tense and loads of fun :-) The remainder of 2nd and 3rd squad of 2nd platoon got pinned and seperated and was ordered to spread out and scout for the main force. The support group moved in to support the guys pinned near rr station and took quite some casualties when doing so.

At the railroad station the 1st platoon commander got killed and I was assigned tactical command of the axis forces at the rr - I ordered the 2nd plat HQ and 1st platoon survivers in as first wave and 1st platoon in after - a flat out charge (Gege leading the charge) where we took some casualties but got our objective (the aa gun in the rr station). Unfortunately as I was writing in text when and where to assualt I didn't get to join the assualt myself and was seperated from the rest of the group with 2 vickers and EI between me and the rest of the force. Not too long thereafter an EI LMG and myself shot each other in a close encounter.

Again an event with loads of fun - lesson learned about the lag and blinking in and out in such a large city - but then again now we tried some city fighting :-)

All in all a good event (as usual) looking forward to the next.

"Ouch get SMG strafed, jump up scared all to hell, lay down again immediately and black screen..................War is Hell."

Warhorr, I shot at you with my SMG from the door after you shot down my squadleader in front of me. I checked those bunkers visually and thought that there were nobody there. But you were. After one clip I thought you made to the trees nearby and I didn't stay to see if you were alive. Excellent marksmanship man.

We got pinned in the RR and decided to evacuate S through the railroad pit. PV and me started running and one vicky started chasing us. PV threw a smoke in front of the vicky at the time I nearly got out of that RR pit -BANG! Dead. I had found the last ack we had missed.

It was a blast!

GJ all, allied and axis!

-C+

marmo that officer you killed was probbably me i ran in there shooting my smg like crazy lol

hahaha, it must be you. I though you were one of these german officers that rush into enemy positions yelling " follow me! "

I was in the 1st platoon commanded by Sitasan.

After Sitasan died in the N couter-attack, we were only 4 guys left (1 LMG, 1 grenadier, 2 rifles) defending N bridge, our AAA (Boumboum, that's his name, not the sound he makes) and our Vickers (Squale, Andertal, fallen in railroad trench by lag, lol!).

All was very calm for us, until our vickers heared footsteps around him. Tanaka and Bofate just turn around and see an axis group in railroad trench and died instantly. Geforce56 and me attacked the trench with grenades then try to snipe 5-7 eis escaping W. We scared that they understand we were only 2 left defending bridge and AAA, so we retreat on bridge and call for some help. We waited so long that vickers (Elrumpo), firing at suspect bushes, hiding on bridge, looking with the only one binos left. But Vickers arrived and eis didn't attack.

Then we heard and saw a Ju52 landing NW of town. We soon understood that axis forces were retreating and the Ju52 went for them. Then, we thought that AAA can open fire because he had no reason to keep its position hidden, axis wouldn't try to find him now. So Boumboum fired at Ju52 and Elrumpo drove its Vickers to NW. We saw eis running to the plane under fire of Vickers and Camle38. Then Ju52 tryed to take off but loose a wing (Vickers or Camle38 ... ?). And that was the end.

Sorry if 1st Platoon don't post a lot here, but we are french-speaking players and english is not very easy for all of us. For exemple, the 3 guys sent to meet S bridge defenders, must use TS to ask the rest of 1st platoon to translate some messages !! That's how we heard :

- "what's the meaning of "maintag" ?"

- " ...."maintag" ??? ... "

- "..."main tag" perhaps ... the tag of the leader ... no ?"

- "...."

- "Oh ! Ok ! it's "ma1n tag", we see it !"

- "lol!"

Merci Lindir, la 3e DLM sera toujours prête pour participer aux events réalismes, ... et désolé si je fais toujours mon boulet en arrivant en dernière minutes...

i am nearly positive it was AI, random pattern around the plane, black flak bursts. constantly firing. cmle38 woulda hit me more often than the AI did, and my plane woulda blew up a lot sooner after a few hits from mle38. i am pretty sure it was ratigen AI, tho i was surprised it could shoot that far. AI was also shooting at me when i had landed east of duss during the mission, but i was *just* outside its range.

on duss AF, i had taken at least 4 hits - 1 to crew #2, 1 to left engine, and 2 to the body of the plane killing a infantry on board, before the vickers ever started firing. i actually panicked on the first hit from AI and took off again, then realised it was AI and landed back on the AF. vickers started shooting me when i was taxiing west to pick up the 2nd group. by then there was nothin i could do :(

was still fun tho. i thot i did a very good job just getting the loaded ju52 landed & everyone down safe with the lag we had

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0