• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
natemo

Crashing never had it happen but now I do.

11 posts in this topic

been playing since 2001 and I never had a problem with this game crashing and such.. but I was playing last night just fine.. then today I log on and I cant stay in for 3 mins before it CTD...

hummm it sucks. Anyone have any ideas?

I love the game though just wannan play it.

untitled416na.jpg

Thanks

Did you recently update any drivers? I see a lot of info on this type of error when I google it, but nothing really specific. Seems like all kinds of applications can cause it.

Thanks for the reply.. no i have not installed new drivers and this started to happen I would have picked that up.. that it was the problem so i have not really changed any settings either... hum

yeah thats the first and only thought I had ...

my firefox wont run either ....eek ..thanks

This has been identifed previosuly by several of us; Visual C++ Library debug assertion errors. I have sent everything I have to customer support and the "logs" e-mail address suggested to me. Haven't heard a thing back from anybody from CRS. Paying right now and I can play after playing for 4 years without a problem. I'm pissed....

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=52365

The deal behind you not hearing anything is this

The guys who fix this kind of stuff do just that, code, debug, build, and fix. They are not near as social as the other RATS, so you dont hear from them much, they kind of work silently.

Sometimes with so much going on the social guys kinda forget to mention the patch they just made contained a fix for a certain bug that was tracked down.

I had the c++ error but I fixed it like this.

First I removed my Soundblaster Audigy card and moved it to another slot and reinstalled the authentic drivers which came with it.

Then I looked at my memory. I have 2 blue slots and 1 black slot for memory. I moved both 512mb sticks to the blue slots and the 1gb stick to the black slot. I have not had the c++ since. Now maybe it was the memory locations, or maybe it was the sound card slot location or maybe it was the newest driver from Soundblaster. Sorry I did so many things at one time, but hey I dont get that damn c++ thing every 30 minutes or so anymore. Moving one of your PCI cards to another slot changes it's resource allocation and the problem might be with a sharing of certain resources, I don't know for sure though.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0