Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AHWULF

Post 1.23.x bugs here

55 posts in this topic

Also ahwulf, I've noticed that after I first launch the game it performs better but it degrades steadily the longer I play. Could this be a memory leak issue?

Some of the options accumulate after so many versions and betas and are then discarded but remain in the file. However its possible you might be missing some that are then defaulted when the app runs. Maybe a good thing would be to delete the file entirely (save a copy) and then run the config app and reset things again. Then compare the two and see whats different.

That last comment is interesting, I don't see that either. On a machine with so much RAM its highly unlikely to be a problem; but you can check if when you are spawned in, do cmd-tab (assuming you can!) run Activity Monitor and take a look at the 'Real Memory' column (you might have to turn it on) for the game and anything else running. Note the pie chart too and see how much free memory exists. The game should be using around 800MB or so at the most. Let me know what you find out.

ahwulf, I still have the "jitters" that gets progressively worse the longer I'm in game. I checked it several times with activity monitor and ram maxes out at around 830 mb used at the peak of the jitters.

I recall there was something I did just prior to the last map reset and that was I updated the ROM on my ATI to the latest build of Aug 2005. Could this be my culprit?

ahwulf, I still have the "jitters" that gets progressively worse the longer I'm in game. I checked it several times with activity monitor and ram maxes out at around 830 mb used at the peak of the jitters.

I recall there was something I did just prior to the last map reset and that was I updated the ROM on my ATI to the latest build of Aug 2005. Could this be my culprit?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

Smoke almost drops FPS by half. It goes down from 40 to 20 , 50 to 25.

The problem is also, generally people sap the cps so they show smoke. If you see ei from outside, target rifle, you live sort of "Slow motion" which means you die :)

This is Quad G5 with 2.5 GB of RAM. I bet it is the gfx card to blame, pasting its details:

NVIDIA GeForce 6600:

Chipset Model: GeForce 6600

Type: Display

Bus: PCI

Slot: SLOT-1

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: nVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0141

Revision ID: 0x00a4

ROM Revision: 2149

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0