• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
munchkin

Nolocktorefresh

10 posts in this topic

Does this thing actually work?

For once I see no difference with it checked or not. I also have my desktop set to 75 Hz. Run desktop at 1024x768 and game at 1600x1200

I had a complete system hangup a little earlier so I had to completely turn my computer off. When it rebooted desktop was set to 1600x1200 and the refreshrate suddenly to 60.

This indicates that the game changes the refreshrate to 60 even if I have nolocktorefresh set... why does it do that?

Windows defaults monitors to 60hz if you don't install the INF(ormation) file or change it yourself. NOLOCKTOREFRESH works but you must tell you vidcard to allow the application to control vertical syncing. The vidcard program can override NOLOCK

the problem with your refresh rate defaulting to 60 is a nvidia problem if i'm not mistaken .

if you look around you can find some 3rd party applications to control the settings.some specialty drivers carry these .

you don't mention your puters specs ,

however if your system is not hitting or exceeding 75fps(or 60fps for the matter) then the no lock to refresh rate button dosent really matter either way

It's not nvidia, I have an X850XT

My point is, wwii reverted it back to 60Hz even if I had manually set it to 75, checked nolocktorefresh AND set the "3D Refresh rate override" to 75 as well in CCC.

It's not nvidia, I have an X850XT

My point is, wwii reverted it back to 60Hz even if I had manually set it to 75, checked nolocktorefresh AND set the "3D Refresh rate override" to 75 as well in CCC.

Actually windows set it to 60Hz when you loaded the game at 1600x1200 resolution. Because you crashed the game had no way of telling windows it was done so windows kept you at the higher resolution and the lower refresh.

Nolocktorefresh refers to locking the FPS to the refresh rate. In other words with the FPS locked to the refresh rate your FPS can never be higher than the refresh rate that is set.

Another thing is is always better to run the game at the same desktop settings.

I have always wondered about the lock to refresh setting and the fact that I am now running a 21 inch 16x9 wide screen LCD monitor at 1680x1050x 60hz does that affect my fps compared to when I used to run a monitor at 80hz refresh and locked the refresh which I have always done.

Win XP sp2 all updates

pent 3.0 dual core (with lots of fans)

MB Abit IS7-E2/E2G/E2V

rest cobbled together parts from computers past.

by the way I get respectable stable frame rates in the 30s.

Another thing is is always better to run the game at the same desktop settings.

I've tried that.. it doesn't improve anything.

I also have my desktop set to 75 Hz. Run desktop at 1024x768 and game at 1600x1200

What is your monitors refresh rate at 16 x 12?

I've tried that.. it doesn't improve anything.

Never said anything about improving anything, but it does avoid having to reset your resolution after crashing in a game that has a different resolution set.

Well, I've tried setting different refreshrates on different resolutions and I can't really say I notice any difference. Gonna try with nolocktorefresh unchecked just to see..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0