Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

CTHL testers required

57 posts in this topic

Nothing to see here now that 1.23.4 is released unless you were already involved in the discussion in this thread.

If you have been consistently CTHLing or CTDing with 1.23.3, please send me a PM. We are testing a new client that may solve this for some of you, and we need a few guineapigs to run this new version, as we've been unable to replicate the CTHL in-house.

- Oliver

if it matters at all i am not having any problems.

How's this for weird:

-rename old .exe and put in new .exe

-seems like it helped, but then still got a CTHL after many hours, then restarted computer and got another CTHL within an hour (which I expected, though maybe even a bit sooner, like within half an hour).

-so I delete the new .exe and go back to the original that I copied before putting in the new test one.

-Before coming here to post I CTHL 3 times, each time right after spawning in an airplane. Which is totally unheard of for me, I don't think it had ever happened more than twice in an hour before (if even that). Could using the new .exe have done something so now my old will CTHL very soon always now? I will try spawning in other stuff and see what happens.

OK, confirmed that after using new .exe and reverting to previous .exe I now CTHL shortly after spawning anything.

-Hit enter world

-wait 20 seconds

-actually spawn in

-wait 50 seconds

-screen freezes and RD/SD LEDs go berserk

-wait 50 seconds

-screen unfreezes and says connection lost with the CTHL and reconnect failure messages in the chat.

I will now DL the new test .exe and go back to it and hope this new CTHL development isn't permanent.

Back to new .exe and it did the same thing, so then I restarted my computer and it seemed ok till it just CTDed (which it has only ever done a couple of times if that).

Maybe by next time there will be a patch.

I played with new exe in densely-populated area, no CTHLs, but my biggest problems were during the day yesterday, so let me try that a bit.

snet my PM ...and wanted to see if anyone else notices the trees loose all their foilage during a freeze up?

meh this is random... with the new drivers my loading screen is messed up.

the red bar jumps all the way to 100% then continues to load. although i timed it.

84.21 time= 57.33 seconds

98.21 time= 49.56 seconds

my fps doesnt really change in the game.

I played for 2 hours last night with only 1 cthl. Gonna go into game today see if I have any cthls.

Using the test .exe I still get CTHLs with about the same frequency. It seems to CTHL quicker after spawn-in at the busier times. However, it doesn't seem to be affected by being in a busy mission: I've just frozen and disconnected from a lightly-populated FB bust with no enemy present.

Well today I spawned into game 3 times and cthled within 2 minutes everytime. Thought they might have founs problem last night because I could play, but today back to same old thing.

I played for an hour & a half, no CT(HostLost), did everything I normally do that causes them. Seemed to address it on my machine.

i installed the test exe and played 6+ hours fine, fixed my problem all together.

installed to days patch and logged in and cthl...

I'm running at 1024X768X32.

EDit: I'm downloading the new patch now..Didn't have it this mormning when I cthled. Hopefully this works.

yea after some tweaking the test patch worked for me ...now im getting CTHL again ,...............

Well after it took a long time to get the patch to install ( said it was wrong version or something like that) I got into game and had a cthl in about 2 minutes. Tried a couple times more and had same results. I appreciate the efforts of CRS in trying to resolve this issue and it has been resolved for a number players, which is very good, unfortunately I am one of the few players for which it hasn't been resolved. I can't expect miracles I guess.

Thanks for trying CRS staff (especially KFS1)

vonkron and nibvikin, out of curiousity, what processor do each of you have?

Click Start

Run

Type: dxdiag

Click OK

On the first tab, what does it say under "Processor"? It's highly unlikely that it's an issue, but I just want to be sure...

vonkron and nibvikin, out of curiousity, what processor do each of you have?

Click Start

Run

Type: dxdiag

Click OK

On the first tab, what does it say under "Processor"? It's highly unlikely that it's an issue, but I just want to be sure...

amd semprom 3000

and i played all night with only a couple CTHLs now this morning i cant spawn in the game more than 30 seconds ..so someones ben screwing with something again

For the first time in 1.23 had two CTHLs today, both within 30 seconds of spawning in. All that's on the log is -

File version: 1, 23, 4, 255

Date and time: 5/25/2006 15:22:54

WWIIOL aborted via improper means

Same here.

One thing that might help on tracking down problem is:

When I freeze up, I can't do anything. I tried to chat just now, and it didnt reach the chat (Not on my end at least)

But, as soon as the freeze ends, and I get CTHL popup, I see that people have been chatting after I froze, so I have received text after the point that I started freezing.

Someone even said in chat:

Imhoteph, you are standing on the road, running, but not moving.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0