Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KFS1

CTHL testers required

57 posts in this topic

Grrr, for the last week I've had hit & miss play sessions due to CTHL and tonight was the worst. I couldn't even reliably get through joining a mission without getting the CTHL. I submitted a ticket but have yet to get a response.

Is this still being addressed? How long until something happens? :mad:

I'd:

1) Pull the soundcard

2) Uninstall the driver

3) Use http://www.drivercleaner.net/professional.html to clean off the driver completely

4) Put in the X-Fi

5) Install the latest driver

Hey Gnasche,

Will try this, but I've probably done about 3-4 complete reformats of my system w/ the x-Fi in there and was still getting the same issue. I'm assuming that would do the same thing? Thanks for your help by the way!

Ok, so I've been messing around w/ my pc to try to get the game not to CTHL and it looks like I've found the issue (on my pc at least). I'd recently changed sound cards in my pc from an Audigy 2zs to a X-Fi Platinum. After the switch, WWIIOnline was working fine up until when the latest patch came out. So what I did today was pull the X-fi card and put the Audigy card back into the pc and now I no longer get CTHLs when playing. Any ideas what may be causing this? I'd really like to be able to put the other card back in the pc. Also, I noticed that playing BF2 w/ the X-fi card, it was extremely laggy, and w/ the Audigy card it's just fine. No idea what's going on! Thanks!

I have an X-FI Xtreme and no problems. Using the driver that came with the installation CD. Perhaps a driver rollback is in order?

Yeah, if you've done a reinstall of windows then what I suggested won't really help. Have you tried the X-Fi in a different PCI slot? Sometimes motherboards can be particular about either being at least one slot away from the graphics port, or being in a bus-mastered PCI slot (usually the one closest to the graphics port).

Hey Gnasche,

Have tried the one furthest away from the Graphics slot and the one beside the one furthest away. Will try the one closest to the slot this evening and see if that works! Thanks for the help all!

Hey Gnasche,

Have tried the one furthest away from the Graphics slot and the one beside the one furthest away. Will try the one closest to the slot this evening and see if that works! Thanks for the help all!

Ok, so I moved the X-Fi card to the PCI slot nearest the graphics card and relocated my LAN card to the slot beneath the sound card. That combined w/ the following seems to have cleared up my issue:

(Found this on the Creative X-Fi forum)

"Did you remembered disable the onboard audio too (BIOS) before installing SB.

You maybe in situation you need to

- clean sweep the creative installation (drivers/software completely by even deleting the rest (from registry under key CreativeTech, and \program files\creative folder, and all Creative apps w/ Add/Remove programs in control panel)

- remove the card --> boot once w/o audio device in the pc(onboard audio disabled too)

- put the card to a PCI slot not sharing recources (look this from motherboard guide -> IRQ Assigments table or equal)

- install drivers from the CD (DO NOT LET WINDOWS TO SEARCH THE BEST AVAILABLE DRIVERS, BUT POINT IT TO LOOK FROM THE CD)

- install software

- update drivers (if there is need for that) using ctzapxx.exe w/ settings showed on my prev. post):"

Gnasche and crew, ya'll are awesome, thanks so much for your help! I hope that this helps others out w/ their CTHL issues. I was able to log into the game and play 4 missions over about 40 minutes or so w/o an issue. Thanks again for your help, am off to close my support ticket! Thanks again!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0