Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloo

CTHL Info Needed (1.23.4, 5-30)!

84 posts in this topic

1. Do you have a CTHL (Connection To Host Lost) or a CTD (Crash To Desktop)?

CTD, no dialog of CTHL, just gamecrash to desktop.

3. Did you have these CTHLs before 1.23.4?

No.

4. What is your internet connection type (dial-up, dsl, cable, fiber)?

DSL

5. What are your download and upload speeds (if known)?

5mb/5mb

6. What is your CPU?

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 2800+

7. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent place in the game world?

No, it happens regardless where i am in gameworld.

8. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent situation?

No, i have them flying and groundpounding, haven't used boats.

9. Does it happen on the Training server? (the training server logs extra information on our side that KFS1 and Martini can look out)

Haven't tried.

10. It is consistently reproducable (we're looking most for ones that are)?

Umm, well my last 3 missions were: 109e, ctd after 20mins flight. Bofors, ctd after 3 mins at ab and sniper, autodespawn/missionresults pending/ctd after 5 minutes and in that order

11. Are you available between 3 PM and 6 PM US Central time to help our team test? (This would be done remotely)

Sorry, no.

12. Is there anything else about the CTHL that seems relevant?

I dunno.

1. Do you have a CTHL (Connection To Host Lost) or a CTD (Crash To Desktop)?CTHL

If you don't see the dialog box "Connection To Host Lost", it is probably a CTD and you should have two files in your /Battleground Europe/ folder: ww2error.log and ww2errinfo.log.

2. Which type of CTHL do you have?

A. A 'freeze' after about 45 seconds and then the CTHL dialog? Yes.

3. Did you have these CTHLs before 1.23.4? Not sure, is recent development for sure last couple updates.

4. What is your internet connection type (dial-up, dsl, cable, fiber)?Cable

5. What are your download and upload speeds (if known)? 3 MBPS, not sure upload.

6. What is your CPU? Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40GHz

7. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent place in the game world? No.

8. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent situation? No. Except when lag happens, seems more likely. As if very low tolerance to lag.

9. Does it happen on the Training server? (the training server logs extra information on our side that KFS1 and Martini can look out) Not sure.

10. It is consistently reproducable (we're looking most for ones that are)? Yeah, every time I play within 2 hours, I get one. Worse on Secondary server. Primary server I get to play longer before CTHL.

11. Are you available between 3 PM and 6 PM US Central time to help our team test? (This would be done remotely) Yes.

12. Is there anything else about the CTHL that seems relevant? Happens on both servers.

1. Do you have a CTHL (Connection To Host Lost) or a CTD (Crash To Desktop)?

CTHL

2. Which type of CTHL do you have?

A. A 'freeze' after about 45 seconds and then the CTHL dialog?

3. Did you have these CTHLs before 1.23.4?

No

4. What is your internet connection type (dial-up, dsl, cable, fiber)?

DSL

5. What are your download and upload speeds (if known)?

unknown

6. What is your CPU?

3.2Ghz P4

7. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent place in the game world?

No

8. Does this CTHL happen in a consistent situation?

Usually while scrolling across the in game map

9. Does it happen on the Training server? (the training server logs extra information on our side that KFS1 and Martini can look out)

unknown

10. It is consistently reproducable (we're looking most for ones that are)?

unknown

11. Are you available between 3 PM and 6 PM US Central time to help our team test? (This would be done remotely)

Usually

12. Is there anything else about the CTHL that seems relevant?

SVT - Please visit the "funny farm" south of Willemstaad on the Training Server -- fly, drive or walk around the T junction south of town for a good few minutes. The way the vehicles are moving and popping in/out is designed to try and trigger the CTHL. The training server is running new code which should help prevent that CTHL occuring.

SVT - Please visit the "funny farm" south of Willemstaad on the Training Server -- fly' date=' drive or walk around the T junction south of town for a good few minutes. The way the vehicles are moving and popping in/out is designed to try and trigger the CTHL. The training server is running new code which should help prevent that CTHL occuring.[/quote']

KFS1,

I just tried this on the training server. I never CTHL, but the vehicles and such did freeze a few times.

I went on traing server at Willemstad. I ran around in the test area for about 15 minutes. I did not have a cthl, but did lag a couple of times.

Hello, I posted a message before, but now its after 2 weeks of suffering from CTHL and I think I can tell more:

1. I have CTHL (very rarely CTD).

2. Type of CTHL:

A. A 'freeze' for about 45 seconds and then the CTHL dialog.

3. Yes, I had before 1.23.4, but not as often as now.

4. Internet connection type: cable

5. Download and upload speeds: 200 KByte/sec down, 15 KByte Up?

6. CPU: AMD 3200.

7. CTHL happens every where.

8. CTHL happens in different situations

9. Did try on Training server - will be glad to try if you let us know that it can help you solve the problem.

10. Consistently reproducable ? - It happens much more often at different times of day.

I live in GMT+2 timezone (7 hours from NY time). During my day hours, I get CTHL in less than 5 minutes in the game. only when playing late at my night (1AM to 6 AM) I can get stable environment with relatively rare CTHL. The good hours are aproximately 3 PM to 8 PM US Central.

I must say that I have no internet problems during different hours of the day.

11. Availability between 3 PM and 6 PM US Central time - sometimes yes. Will need to schedule in advance (email: guy_nir100@hotmail.com).

However, if you want me to reproduce the CTHL, it is better to do it during 8-12 AM Us central, since during these hours I get CTHL very quickly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0