• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
piattoni

WWII Online Widgets

30 posts in this topic

Ok - now that I have Tiger installed we need to starting thinking about WW2OL widgets. I am not entirely sure how the widgets work but it would be cool to see these update without having to hit the web page.

A. WW2OL Game map widget (given)

B. RDP widget for British, French and German - % complete, current %, and # of days

C. Game stats widget - we can be creative here - kills, K/D ratio, captures, Award list, etc.

Anyway just some thoughts.

piatoni.jpg

I made a widget last week that just presents the CRS front/supply/strat maps. The passing the cursor over a city location just brings the city name into view. Good for just quick check of map state. Give it a try. It's my first widget.

Download Bof Map v1.0.1 here

It's on mac.com so you cannot download it directly. Sorry.

Let me know if there any problems. (Its not refreshing properly but it's not a major problem.)

s! dog3

Glad you like it. Widgets are fun. I'll have a fix for the map auto-refreshing soonâ„¢. To force a refresh, you have to toggle a prefs setting on the flip-side. I broke the auto-refresh feature. Oops.

I'll need to learn about how to access other game info for my next widget.

s! dog3.

Yeah the ultimate would be being able to switch between time stamps and also access the % captured each CP is.

Mebbe add an RDP tracker off the gazette and you have all the out of game info you could ever want ;D

Is a widget, a female midget?
No, the notion that widgets are associated with midgets is a common misconception. In fact, a widget is a finely crafted piece of software engineering that when aggregated with properly tuned sprockets produces high-order harmonics that greatly amplify the host output.

s! dog3

I checked Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual and it says "sockets" not "sprockets".

I checked Volume 14 of the Kinsley manual and it says "sockets" not "sprockets".
Yes, Christopher, of course, I meant "sockets". Thank you for making that correction.

s!

i was hoping they would be "spacely sprockets"
Sorry, Carcel, but "sprockets" manufactured by Spacely Industries

are not relevant to the class of "widget" manufacturing we are discussing

in this thread.

s!

I would still love to add more export options (such as XML) to the Rat CSR site so that widgets might actually be ... well more cool.

I would still love to add more export options (such as XML) to the Rat CSR site so that widgets might actually be ... well more cool.
I'll second that!

s!

If anyone is interested, I just posted a new version that added a resizing capability to the RDP widget.

It's rather clunky and I'm not sure that I am going to keep it around so, if you want a resizable widget, grab it now.

Of course, no one says that you have resize it but as a rudimentary feature it is there.

s!

Download the new, and possibly improved, RDP widget here.

I get it.

Haven't heard Steve Martin doing stand up for a LONG time.

is moving to Tiger going to improve my game performance, if all other factors stay the same? i.e better graphic rendering etc...etc..

?

Tiger has excellent OpenGL drivers, for example, OpenGL 1.5 fully supported on Nvidia 5200 here as opposed to 70% percent or something on Panther.

I can tell one thing, Tiger is nice for gaming but wait for 10.4.2 to ship before installing, too much bugs on other aspects now.

Always do a backup install of course.

Oh, I am not a coder or something, I got all this opengl info from "open gl extensions viewer" which has benchmark,testing capability. Free :)

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/

The most interesting part is (I should save results!) OpenGL fps looks like 1.5 times faster. I can't be totally sure since I didn't save the previous panther ones.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0