Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloo

Supported Mac Browsers

11 posts in this topic

Heyas. I don't know from Mac. Been 10 years since I worked on one. So I need help.

Apparently, somewhere we say that IE for Mac is the only support browser?

Is this actually true? Any problems with Safari or whatever you guys use?

And is it true that you can't get IE for Mac anymore?

Internet Explorer for Mac (also referred to as Internet Explorer:mac or Internet Explorer Macintosh Edition) was a proprietary and freely available web browser developed by Microsoft for the Macintosh platform. Initial versions were developed from the same code base as Internet Explorer for Windows. However, later versions diverged, particularly with the release of version 5 which included the Tasman rendering engine.

As a result of the five-year agreement between Apple and Microsoft in 1997, it was the default browser on Mac OS before it was replaced by Apple's own Safari web browser. Internet Explorer remained available for the Mac OS until January 31, 2006. No major updates had been released since March 27, 2000 aside from bug fixes and updates to take advantage of new features in Mac OS X.

On June 13, 2003, Microsoft announced that it was ceasing further development of Internet Explorer for Mac. The browser was not included in default installation of Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" which was released on April 29, 2005. Microsoft announced that official support for the product would cease on December 31, 2005 and that "as of January 31, 2006, Internet Explorer for the Mac will no longer be available for download". Microsoft recommends "that Macintosh users migrate to more recent web browsing technologies such as Apple's Safari." [1]

-from wikipedia

I have always used Safari for logging in without issue. Is there particular testing that would be helpful?

As far as I know Safari (which I use) and Firefox work fine. HOWEVER, you should tell people to launch the game by running Playgate application and picking a side from the menu. Much better and bypasses the browser issue altogether. IE for Mac is a dead browser.

I using Netscape and Firefox.

I don't remember if I have logged on with Firefox, but Netscape have always worked fine for me.

As far as I know Safari (which I use) and Firefox work fine. HOWEVER' date=' you should tell people to launch the game by running Playgate application and picking a side from the menu. Much better and bypasses the browser issue altogether. IE for Mac is a dead browser.[/quote']

I use Firefox and Safari, latest version of both always work fine for me. Not used IE since 2002.

Ahwulf, what this you say, i always launch from browser, didn't know you could do it any other way, i though launching from application took you offline??? Something i need to check i guess.

I use Firefox and Safari, latest version of both always work fine for me. Not used IE since 2002.

Ahwulf, what this you say, i always launch from browser, didn't know you could do it any other way, i though launching from application took you offline??? Something i need to check i guess.

Launch Playgate, right click the icon for Playgate in the Dock and choose to keep it there. From then on, to play the game, simply click on the Playgate icon in your dock. No need to use any browser.

I haven't used a browser to start the game in years... Playgate app has always been the most reliable way to enter the game for me.

s!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0