• Announcements

• HEAVY265

New Forum Lead!   11/17/2019

It's with great pleasure to announce B2K as the new Forum Lead.   I am very confident he will be good for the forums, he has great ideas and direction for the future of the forums.
      Good luck sir and GOD speed.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anzax

Network Lag

13 posts in this topic

Hi guys...

I have had some serious problems with lag lately.

Everything else seems to run fine, I play Ghost recon ( or GRAW ) fine on your US server with no problems....

But since I have updated WW2 to the latest version, I am getting some really bad lag, the FPS is fine, but while flying PLANES will sometimes ( And by that I mean at the most unconveinient of times, like on the 6 of a JU ) " WARP " from one place to another, I never had this problem post the last few patches or so, and my internet is faster then ever, I get full download rates, and well, as I've said, post the last few patches or so, I've had nothing but sweet sweet gaming...

All other games are working fine for me..

Wow / GRAW / Battlefield 2 / etc.

If anyone can help It would be seriously appreciated........

Many thanks.....

( Just to clear things up, the lag is like flying behind a plane, and then all of a sudden it will MOVE to another spot on the screen, very rapidly, somtimes backwards, directly upwards, etc etc, )

Have you tried both networks in WWII Online Settings? You can set it to "best", or manually select "primary" or "secondary". It's possible that if you're on "best" it's actually selecting a route that is giving you lag. Try manually selecting each and see how they perform.

I got the same problem...

Players are warping to the point of invisibilty, then they reappear in other places. I see it with enemy and friendlies, and its impossible to guess where the enemy really is. I did the net-check.bat, and ran other programs to test the latency and packet losses, and everything is perfect -- UNTIL I get into game, and everything is crazy again, lol.

I tested Best, Primary and Secondary, all with the same results. It seems really wierd.

Marines -- Looks like we are having the same issue.

Hope somthing comes along soon, am having a great time playing ww2...

Lag is helping the germans, way too much..!

One or 2 things to try. Set visable player limit to low (this is the number of players drawn not the fog scale) You will "draw" less players (64 I think vrs 128 at high setting) What you can't see can't kill you.

Zip and attach dxdiag here and perhaps someone can spot a prob.

Same thing gnasche asked

Have you tried both networks in WWII Online Settings? You can set it to "best"' date=' or manually select "primary" or "secondary". It's possible that if you're on "best" it's actually selecting a route that is giving you lag. Try manually selecting each and see how they perform.[/quote']

Incidentally, we've been getting feedback from some of our CTHL/Lag issues, using LinkSys routers/wireless stations have reported that resetting their router and/or updating the firmware on the router has solved their CTHL/lag issues.

What you can't see can't kill you.

That's not correct.

However - if you're lagging so that you can't shoot anyone anyway, its better to turn down your vis limit.

Same thing gnasche asked

Incidentally, we've been getting feedback from some of our CTHL/Lag issues, using LinkSys routers/wireless stations have reported that resetting their router and/or updating the firmware on the router has solved their CTHL/lag issues.

How about Belkin equipment?

Well, it's always good to keep your router firmware updated, regardless of if it's related to this particular issue. Sometimes it's a pain because they release so many variants and you have to go searching the router for a specific ID. But routers can often be released with issues that affect security, performance and stability.

Thanks for posting everyone.

Still having the same problems...

Just stoked a HE111 Over Hass...

It appeared infront of me at about 500 yards then dissapeared under me... Still shot it down but you can imagine the frustration....

Considering i was in a H2C you can imagine the fireworks had it not been slinging itself all over my screen like the enterprise at warp 9.

Ah well...

I've tried everything as mentioned above...

Still can't get any joy, will continue to join in and out etc..

Had a better game on a 56k..

Not sure what's going on..

Thanks team..

.... While I'm at it... And having a general moan in the public forums...

Is there anyway to set the rate / packet size manually with WW2??

Perhaps a faster rate with smaller packets , would compromise?

.. Thanks guys..

Sincerely appreciated.

Still getting the same thing, even when on the ground, watching guys warp all over, seems to be happening towards peak time. ( I should say that they will suddenly appear anywhere from 10 - 50 yards away in an instant )

Starts to pack up about 10pm west australia time. ( Around midnight USA Central time ) Before then everything runs fine. ( which is strange because around 12 lunch time here its about 5/6pm in the west coast... )

Thanks again all.

That's not correct.

However - if you're lagging so that you can't shoot anyone anyway, its better to turn down your vis limit.

???? I always thought that if you were set to low then the players you don't draw can't draw you....ie if I see/draw your avitar then you draw/see mine.

Also, I've played around the funny farm several times in various units with no cthl. Yesterday evening however on the live server I was getting steady back to back cthls. I tried differnt routes to playnet (on dialup and have 4 dift dialin numbers...2 hit level3, one hits qwest and one hits alternet) Tried rebooting comp too but still 5 to 10 minutes in I'd notice the latbar was'nt moveing and then the game would lock and cthl.

Last try was about 8:30pm est. I gave up on the main server and went on into the training server as we have training at 9pm est on mondays.

Same connection I had cthl on the main server (had not reconnected my connection/same level3 number) I went to the funny farm and drove a mercedes around till 9 then trained at area51 until around 10:20.

No CTHL.

Incidentally' date=' we've been getting feedback from some of our CTHL/Lag issues, using LinkSys routers/wireless stations have reported that resetting their router and/or updating the firmware on the router has solved their CTHL/lag issues.[/quote']

Hmmm..., Interesting. I will look into that tonight after work. Thanks for the tip, gents!

!S

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0