Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
monstery

Just spent 8 Hours Downloading...

43 posts in this topic

...files to try to get past this CTHL.

"An I/O error occurred while installing a file. This is normally caused by bad installation media or a corrupt installation file."

CORUPT INSTALLATION FILE!

Maybe it has something to do with your HD. Have you bought a bigger HD recently?

I recently bought a 300 GB HD and it was operating in a slower mode because some special software had to be installed first! (ALI HD ULTRA DMA FIX)

Youll (unfortunately) have to delete the file you downloaded, and re-download it.

Its not a corrupt file on the server, but something corrupted in transit.

I have wireless-

Weird thing is, after that episode, I have been palying about a half hour with no CTHL!

Frederik, ty vm... I am sorry about Sweden's loss.

Still, a decision to use something experimental is moronic at best by definition!

You should add/remove the game, save your data\CFML directory (keymaps), then delete the old directory from your harddrive. Then rerun the full install. Then move the CFML directory back.

I have wireless-

Weird thing is, after that episode, I have been palying about a half hour with no CTHL!

Frederik, ty vm... I am sorry about Sweden's loss.

Still, a decision to use something experimental is moronic at best by definition!

Thank you :)

but you had to download the file from kfs blog and replace it with the executable.

If you didn't do that, you never had the SS2 executable and your problem persists on something else.

Erh,

Monster...

Did you download Gophur's 1.24 preview executable version of the game? Or are you experiencing the bug with the version as it came out of the natural playgate patching process?

If you didn't download the experimental executable, you don't need to reinstall.

If you did, uou don't have to reinstall the original game or anything, and you probably still have the last patch installer that you ran located in c:\program files\playnet\playgate\ it'll be wwiiol12351236.exe -- find and rerun that and it will restore the correct ww2.exe.

WW2.exe was in C:/prefetch...

That's starting to sound very unhealthy, coupled with the ftp errors you're describing?

You're not using an nvidia firewall are you? Mine was causing problems similar to what you're describing, as has just about everyone else I know who's tried it.

He seems to be on vacation.

Im guessing he DL'ed the wrong thing and installed a previous version or something.

Or he screwed up his manifest file?

I was on hiatus. :)

I'm feeling much better now. :)

Bug is experienced on version of natural upgrade process.

Not using nvidia firewall.

I restored the system so that everything I screwed up trying to fix this on my own was undone.

I'm just going to step back for a bit.

I'll keep paying the subscription, but am going to look at a few other games- it just isn't worth the grief of CTHL. :(

I saw your other thread in OT, if your computer keeps having problems downloading large files it IS a problem on your end.

No servers keep broken files on their FTP. And if they do it's quickly noticed.

try downloading this: http://www.memtest86.com/

make a bootable diskette or cd and run it for awhile.

If the program notices any errors try if you have more than one stick of RAM to remove one of them and try again. If that still doesn't work try the other one and so fourth.

Something is not healthy with your computer, or it's interference on download.

you can also call your ISP and ask them why your connection seem to loose conectivity. (this might very well be a cause for your CTHL as well)

I take it you have wireless network to your house?

Ok, will do!

Yes, wireless to the house, but no problems with anything else regarding connectivity- except of course the corrupt fils- anyway, will try your advice.

Thanks for not giving up on me. :-)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0