Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
audee

new pc 10fps

102 posts in this topic

yep thats the one I found.

It doesn't give info about bios etc though.

So I'll leave everything as it is now, since my fps are adequate and so are my 3Dmark-scores. Thanks though.

You need to learn about the BIOS. Under Advanced (or similar) you will see options for memory speeds...usually 133, 166, 200 etc. DoubleDataRate Memories then run at 266, 333 or 400 depending on memory type. The CPU mulitiplier is usually listed with numbers from from say 7 to 12 etc. The processor speed then becomes the memory speed times the multiplier. You should be running your CPU at 2.2 ghz. With 200 memory speed, the mulitplier is 11. Don't be afraid to nose into the BIOS. You have a lot of onboard stuff that needs to be turned off..Sound etc. When you boot, you should see a listing of the BIOS maker and Date, goggle that information and you should find a manual from the BIOS maker. Sometimes in BIOS there is a listing for Default and Optimal Settings etc. Those settings can cause some problems tho see what happens when you choose the faster listings. Fastwrite usually gets turned on and that can cause problems gaming, etc.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0