• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
infection

sidewinder forcefeedback2

7 posts in this topic

im using my friends sidewinder forcefeedback 2.. but is there a way to change force settings in windows xp? or some kind of software for it? I looked and all i came up with were software for 98 and 95.. and i dont have the CD :(

All there is for MS SW FFB joysticks using Windows 2K and XP is the drivers that are in the operating systems.

Also all ww2ol supports for the FFB joysticks is the return to center force if I am not mistaken that is what I read here on this forums.

hmm, not sure if the cd proggie works in xp. and that profiling proggie only comes on CD, no where to download it from microsoft as with all thier controllers, you might find it on drivers.com tho...

the drivers themselves are built into windows xp I also believe...

the proggie might work in xp, just not sure, I have the same stick with the cd but haven't used it in years. lemme drag it out and install it and check it out. I can make a copy of the disk and send it to you or possibly email you the proggie if I can get it off the disk. I'll check it out at some point over the weekend for you...

ww2ol doesn't support force feedback but FF sticks will still work properly in ww2ol [ie centering], just no fancy "effects"....

I using MSFF2 with software allow setup profiles and feedback gains under windows XP ...

It is form original CD (it was also for w2k, and its compatible with wxp). One problem i had, was enabled noexecute protection (when i moved to WXP SP2). I turned it off and all things workings fine :)

I have been running on XP with my SW FFB2 for a while now.

The software version I am running is "Sidewinder Game controller Version 4"

You dont get all the feedback running in WW2OL but you can map all the buttons/keys using the software to perform any function.

If you want me to email it to you just PM me your email address and I can send it.

One problem i had, was enabled noexecute protection (when i moved to WXP SP2). I turned it off and all things workings fine :)

Can you tell me how to turn that thing off, my profiles still arent working.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0