• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tautu

Macbook PRO - ATI Video Solution Found for XP

8 posts in this topic

Hi People,

I found a solution where you can use the latest ATI video drivers for your X1600 mobility cards - and run WWII online (right side up) and output to an external monitor - and get great performance, and overclock your video cards to what they should be running at...not what they are running at.

So lets go in step by step:

1. Running the latest video drivers:

a. Download: http://users.skynet.be/FCB/files/DHModtool4c.exe

b. Goto the ATI website and download the latest Catalyst drivers (not the mobility, or the x64 just the regular driver package with catalyst)

c. Use the Windows Control Panel to uninstall your Omega or Apple provided drivers.

d. restart

e. Install the ATI drivers you have downloaded. You will notice that after the package is expanded into C:/ATI, the installation will quit with an error message.

f. Now run the program from step a. It will patch the ATI drivers you have downloaded, and allow you to install the new drivers.

g. These should give u (they gave me) improved performance and awesome stability with external monitor management and the game will run right side up.

2. Now to overclock:

a. Goto: http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

b. Download ver. 0.25 beta 14

c. Install and run

d. I am currently overclocking my card with no problems at 450/450 mem and gpu. Its not too hot, everything works honkey dorey and life is good. My macbookpro is now a good WWII Online machine.

e. You can go into options and set ATI tools to boot with windows, set the profile for 450/450 and then quit itself, so the whole process is seamless from now on.

Good luck and let me know if you have any problems.

i have a question - my computer is running on 1440 x 900 but the maximum resolution I can set in the WWIIOL settings is 1152 x 864, so how can I run the game at my native resolution?

i have a question - my computer is running on 1440 x 900 but the maximum resolution I can set in the WWIIOL settings is 1152 x 864' date=' so how can I run the game at my native resolution?[/quote']

The game is not made to run at that resolution (wide screen) so what you need to do it either use an external monitor with a square resolution (1280x1024) or you need to bump down the resolution on the LCD to something square (800x600 or something)

What kind of fps are you getting?

I am not fully stable yet, as I keep playing around with the overclock settings to find something decent. Normally at 470/470 on the video card, you should be getting 33-35FPS full effects.

Right now I am getting between 15-35 depending on the town and situation, but the other problem is that the video card automatically downgrades when the laptop gets too hot, so I need to cool it down a little. (big fan below it ;)))

35 fps should be the answer I am guessing so far.

S!

The game is not made to run at that resolution (wide screen) so what you need to do it either use an external monitor with a square resolution (1280x1024) or you need to bump down the resolution on the LCD to something square (800x600 or something)

gnasche showe me how to run the game at 1440x900 (and i think any resolution actually) - there's a file called wwiiol.cfg, if you open it with a text editor you can change the resolution as you see fit.

Tautu:

Be careful with this. The ATI chips came in hot (i.e. burning more power than they should) which is why they were down-clocked until ATI got better control on power. The GPU also ignores calls to lower it's power-consumption when the CPU needs more power. Running with the gpu wide-open increases the chances that too much power (from both CPU and GPU) will go into the thermal solution, causing local dry-out of the heatpipe. The CPU has over-temperature protection so nothing too bad should happen to it; however, the GPU does not. If the dry-out occurs at the GPU, you could be looking at a dead-unit.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0