Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rlnolan

Severe packet loss on both primary and secondary networks

4 posts in this topic

I've been experiencing severe packet loss the past 2 days, to the point the game is unplayable. At times the game will pause for upwards of 2 minutes then work fine for a few seconds before doing it again. Sometimes I get autodespawned, sometimes it results in a CTD or even straight up rebootimg my computer. I took out my belkin wireless card and put in an ethernet card, the computer does not reboot anymore, but it still CTDs occassionally (that may be unrelated). I also rolled back the NVidia 91.x drivers to the 84.21 drivers (my card is too old to support water reflection or normal maps, but I tried it anyhow) and I made sure my sound drivers were good and scanned/defragged my hard drives.

I ran the netcheck.bat file, and noticed that the ''66 route'' was dropping packets, while the ''209 route'' looked fine. But, when I set it to force connection to the secondary network I'm still getting the long freezes. So, I downloaded PingPlotter and tested the IP addresses in the ww2net.log file and found that both networks are experiencing between 25% and 100% packet loss. Here's the images of the traces I ran (100 samples each). You'll notice the secondary network is experiencing a 54% error rate at the 204.70.193.9 router. This only shows up if I ping the 209.144.109.143 IP. The primary network is experiencing serious poblems at hops 11 and 12 (both cogentco routers).

66286226pingplottertrace200607.gif

209144109143pingplottertrace20.gif

I have the text data for these traces, if you want them.

Please get this fixed. I am not paying for the priviledge of sitting at the map screen looking at the pretty flags.

I ran the netcheck.bat file, and noticed that the ''66 route'' was dropping packets, while the ''209 route'' looked fine. But, when I set it to force connection to the secondary network I'm still getting the long freezes. So, I downloaded PingPlotter and tested the IP addresses in the ww2net.log file and found that both networks are experiencing between 25% and 100% packet loss. Here's the images of the traces I ran (100 samples each). You'll notice the secondary network is experiencing a 54% error rate at the 204.70.193.9 router. This only shows up if I ping the 209.144.109.143 IP. The primary network is experiencing serious poblems at hops 11 and 12 (both cogentco routers).

Please get this fixed. I am not paying for the priviledge of sitting at the map screen looking at the pretty flags.

Surely you dont expect CRS to FIX problems with the internet? Seems you should be calling congentco, Good Luck there!

Cognetco is not my ISP, it is CRS/Playnet's ISP. So, yes, in fact, I do expect CRS to do something about it. If it were a problem with Embarq or Sprintlink you bet I'd be on the phone with them, since they are my ISP.

most isp world wide have to update there servers to the next generation tech, Australia had this problem with its major isp, it lasted 2 weeks.

isps wont hint that its there problem but it is.

i suggest getting a 56k prepaid card from a carrier on a different network and you may find the problem fixed.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0