Just getting sick and tired of it now.

My stats:

ASUS P4P 800 DELUXE

2.8c GHZ (Pentium)

RADEON 9800 XT (AGP)

AUDIGY 2 ZS

2x 512mb Corsar 3200 RAM

Problem A:

The typical CTD, is when I am just playing the game it will go to desktop and say that there is a problem and if I want to send an error report or not.

Problem b:

Another variant of the typical CTD, where it just boots me to desktop.

Problem C:

Freeze ups. My game will lock up and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to close the game.

Problem D:

My screen will turn black, blink a couple of times and then back to desktop.

The problems came back since this last major patch, before I updated my sound card settings and it was fixed, but now its just simply borked. The new SSE2.exe fixed my CTD's slightly, it cut my CTDs down about a 1/4th but I had the concussion bug constantly so I had to revert back.

I have done complete reformats, I have done complete reinstalls, I have updated all my drivers before but time and time again it just keeps CTD'ing.

As for other games, my computer does not CTD or crash or freeze up as much. It will sometimes lock up when I am playing other games or goofing around in Windows but that is usually my fault for overloading it to much sometimes. This only happens about 2 times a week though.

:( bummer , post us up your dxdiag and your wwii.cfg files. Maybe something will turn up. Since it does it in other stuff have you opened case and ensure you don't have a cooling problem? Could be Power Supply freaking out in the heat, lowering voltages to the motherboard

As to problem A...have you checked the details part of that message to send to M$?? Does it pertain at all to jvm.dll?? If it does,the answer you will get from M$ [eventually] is that it's not their program. Open control panel & double click the little coffee cup icon [Java]....check to see which version you are running....i "think" the latest version is 1.5.0_06-b05.....if that is not the version you have,there should be an "update" tab....update to their latest version,& you probably may want to delete any of the earlier versions for "security" reasons!?!? worked for me in this & also IL2 when these error messages to M$ pertained to jvm.dll...........

:( bummer ' date=' post us up your dxdiag and your wwii.cfg files. Maybe something will turn up. Since it does it in other stuff have you opened case and ensure you don't have a cooling problem? Could be Power Supply freaking out in the heat, lowering voltages to the motherboard[/quote']

I will post my dxdiag in a second. What are the wwii.cfg files?

Enigma's WWII.cfg

shademode phong

bdithering true

bspecular false

texturereduction false

sound SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [DF00]

bsoundenable true

b3dsoundenable false

video RADEON 9800 XT

resolution 1280x960x32

bnoframerunahead false

bnolocktorefresh true

gammared 1.000000

gammagreen 1.000000

gammablue 1.000000

bshowinfo true

shadowsizeselect 0

volumemultiplier 12.000000

musicmultiplier 11.000000

hudvisible 2

fogscaleselector 0

maxnumbersounds 128

suppressmuzzlesmoke false

suppressmuzzlelight false

suppresstracersmoke false

lodfieldofview false

lodlimitperframe false

bcursorenabled false

friendlycolor 16711680

enemycolor 255

squadcolor 8388863

missioncolor 8388608

missionleadercolor 4227327

language 0

ambientlevel 2

radialclutter false

radialdensity 0.500000

radialradius 0.500000

visplayerlimit 3

fsaasamples 0

fsaahighquality false

soundhighquality true

soundforcestereo false

soundconvertonload true

capturealldisplays true

enableh2oshaders false

postrenderfilter false

grassshader false

normalmaps true

waterreflections false

reflectionupdate 3

wantmessagealert true

usenetworkroute 0

I have a 430 Watt power supply, and I have an extra fan and monitor my temperature a lot, it is not that. Again I just logged in, spawned in, before I even go to 600m of altitude I CTD.

As to problem A...have you checked the details part of that message to send to M$?? Does it pertain at all to jvm.dll?? If it does' date='the answer you will get from M$ [eventually'] is that it's not their program. Open control panel & double click the little coffee cup icon [Java]....check to see which version you are running....i "think" the latest version is 1.5.0_06-b05.....if that is not the version you have,there should be an "update" tab....update to their latest version,& you probably may want to delete any of the earlier versions for "security" reasons!?!? worked for me in this & also IL2 when these error messages to M$ pertained to jvm.dll...........

I went into my java folder under program files and I have this:

jre1.5.0_04

jre1.5.0_06

I went to update both but they siad it was already updated.

Change the "Time between updates" for the water reflections to zero. Even though you aren't seeing those effects, you will still get lag when you download the updates.

This probably won't help with the CTDs, but it should reduce your freezes and lag.

Just getting sick and tired of it now.

My stats:

ASUS P4P 800 DELUXE

2.8c GHZ (Pentium)

RADEON 9800 XT (AGP)

AUDIGY 2 ZS

2x 512mb Corsar 3200 RAM

Problem A:

The typical CTD, is when I am just playing the game it will go to desktop and say that there is a problem and if I want to send an error report or not.

Problem b:

Another variant of the typical CTD, where it just boots me to desktop.

Problem C:

Freeze ups. My game will lock up and I have to ctrl+alt+delete to close the game.

Problem D:

My screen will turn black, blink a couple of times and then back to desktop.

The problems came back since this last major patch, before I updated my sound card settings and it was fixed, but now its just simply borked. The new SSE2.exe fixed my CTD's slightly, it cut my CTDs down about a 1/4th but I had the concussion bug constantly so I had to revert back.

I have done complete reformats, I have done complete reinstalls, I have updated all my drivers before but time and time again it just keeps CTD'ing.

As for other games, my computer does not CTD or crash or freeze up as much. It will sometimes lock up when I am playing other games or goofing around in Windows but that is usually my fault for overloading it to much sometimes. This only happens about 2 times a week though.

well problem D the blinking is the screen changing back to the desktop res from BE res that it plays in.

Does the video card have a power connector?

How much crap do you have inside your computer like hard disks ram and stuff.

whats the rating on your power supply? i say that cause you didn't list it on the specs.

it should be at least 450W and 18A +12v rail.

The power supply is something that is always overlooked. that can explain your windows Lock ups. Do you ever get random Resets?

Disable your Front side bus Spread Spectrum in the bios. and any shadowing in the bios. Apature rate. set that to 64MB or 128MB depending on what ATI says for the Card.

I'm not a CRS guy so i cant really solve the CTD's but you can do other things to clean the computer up. Use RegCleaner to clean out the registry. There is a tool to do it by itself.

for problem A windows MMS has a tool to look at that errors log report

problem C i'd check it out. it might be a proccess conflict of some sort.

well problem D the blinking is the screen changing back to the desktop res from BE res that it plays in.

Does the video card have a power connector?

How much crap do you have inside your computer like hard disks ram and stuff.

whats the rating on your power supply? i say that cause you didn't list it on the specs.

it should be at least 450W and 18A +12v rail.

The power supply is something that is always overlooked. that can explain your windows Lock ups. Do you ever get random Resets?

Disable your Front side bus Spread Spectrum in the bios. and any shadowing in the bios. Apature rate. set that to 64MB or 128MB depending on what ATI says for the Card.

I'm not a CRS guy so i cant really solve the CTD's but you can do other things to clean the computer up. Use RegCleaner to clean out the registry. There is a tool to do it by itself.

for problem A windows MMS has a tool to look at that errors log report

problem C i'd check it out. it might be a proccess conflict of some sort.

My powersupply is an Antec 430Watt. AC Input: 115V/10A, 230V/5A; 60Hz/50Hz.... Then it also says: +5V, 12V, & 3.3V max load 410Watt.

My video card gets its power from the powersupply. I will try the other things you said.

As for crap in my computer I have:

2 sticks of ram

2 DVD drives (1 burner, 1 reader)

1 HD

1 Video card

1 sound card

1 Pentium chip

1 Powersupply

Damn post timer got me again............

You need to to open that M$ message when it wants to send the report. Open the details & at least check the first entry to see what it applies to. Also,if you are CTD'ing;you should be generating some error logs in your main BE folder. Check immediately after you CTD the next time. Also,you say it DOES crash in other games & applications but not as much as BE........sorta tells you that you do have a problem with your system!?!? Typically,if you have your screen going black or blinking;it is normally either a heat or power issue to your vid card. Does your vid card use a separate power plug-in?? If so,trace that connection back & make sure it's not a pig-tailed connection that also goes to your DVD drives..........

Antec makes good powersupplies,

enigma what kind of memory sticks do you have? Corsair Value Select?

I would take one memory stick out and just see if it keeps CTD, try one each

I have Corsair XMS 3200 series, they are good ram I hear and quality that is why I bought them....

Since I did that Mobo spectrum I have been CTD'ing less (woot) but I still get system crashes. I had 2 system crashes yesterday just goofing around doing stuff. My computer will just turn off and restart. Other times it will just turn off and stay off and I need to turn it back on.

It is NOT over-heating because the case is open and I have a huge fan blowing into it.

Enigma, living in Vegas, even with the huge fans blowing in, I have had heat problems...

ALOT of CTDs are video cards overheating.... not saying yours is.... just very common cause...

There is a setting "somewhere" that will stop your computor from rebooting......damned if i can remember where that's at. It will instead show an error message. Your computor is protecting itself.....you are either getting an application or a hardware failure.......sorry i'm not more help,but to say the least i'm no "Windows" expert.........[i think they are called protection faults....]

There is a setting "somewhere" that will stop your computor from rebooting......damned if i can remember where that's at. It will instead show an error message. Your computor is protecting itself.....you are either getting an application or a hardware failure.......sorry i'm not more help' date='but to say the least i'm no "Windows" expert.........[i think they are called protection faults....']

?

http://discussions.playnet.com/showthread.php?t=120518

Could be CPU overheating if the fan is dusted up and thermal paste isn't on right.

All that is tip top.

So I turned my comp on, and I walked away, I come back and it is starting up again? So wtf? Maybe it restarted itself. I turn on the game and it ctd's just by sitting at the map. Start up the game and CTD. I turn on the game spawn in and CTD.

what the hell.

Enigma, living in Vegas, even with the huge fans blowing in, I have had heat problems...

ALOT of CTDs are video cards overheating.... not saying yours is.... just very common cause...

I live in vegas too and have the same issuse! Maybe it's COX lol. I am trying to figure out why I CTD on despawn.

Enigma, have you tried running any other games? If so do they crash?

Also try running WWII in off-line mode, if it never crashes and your other games work then it is most likely internet connection related.

If none of your games work, and as you've done a clean re-instal, it has to be a hardware issue.

1st things to check would be:-

1. all your fans are running, especially the graphics card one.

2. run a memeory tester (Memtest can be found at www.majorgeeks.com).

3. if you have an old graphics card try that. Just possible current one is starting to fail.

Do you have a file in your /Battleground Europe/ folder called "ww2error.log"?

File version: 1, 23, 6, 255

Program compile time: Jun 9 2006 12:25:45

Date and time: 7/26/2006 23:45:02

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Exception: continuable

Exception address: 0x0044b6b7

Exception tried to: read at address 0x000000b4

Exception Registers:

DS: 0x00000023, ES: 0x00000023, FS: 0x0000003b, GS: 0x00000000

EBP: 0x00f8ca48, ESP: 0x0012fa58, SS: 0x00000023, EIP: 0x0044b6b7

ESI: 0x00000000, EDI: 0x00000000