Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
angel19

Hot video card

18 posts in this topic

Hey i bought i video card but it gets really hot I was wondering what stuff i should buy to cool it down

I don't know a structural solution, but in the meantime you can just let a fan blow into your pc-case.

There are aftermarket coolers available for video cards, to achieve better-than-factory cooling so that they can be overclocked.

Equipment like that is card-design-specific, though. What video card do you have?

Be careful trying to stick a faster, hotter card in a tighter retail-bought PC, such as those found at Best Buy and Circuit City for example.

Many times the power supply's are not enough to support upgrades in video cards, nor do the cases have enough SPACE or fans to ventilate/circulate the heat away from other components, including itself.

well the GPU core runs 54 degrees is that normal? cause i cant play no games because the graphics all messed up

well the GPU core runs 54 degrees is that normal? cause i cant play no games because the graphics all messed up

How old is the Card?

Have you taken it out and dusted it yet?

You should do it bi-monthly. to keep everything inside running good and cold.

The easiest and cheapest way is to just take the side panel off of your computer.

well the computer only came with a processor fan' date=' should i try to get a cooling fan?[/quote']

yes of course..

there should be slots for fans in the front of the case and the back

the ones in the front should suck air into the case. the rear fans should blow air out of the case and into the room.

fit as many fans in the case as the case allows.

is the fan actually working on the vid card?

the link you provider is for CPU only....you need a case fan, which most time will have small 3pin plug that plugs into the motherboard, marked chassis fan

do u think this will cool down the video card a bit?

yes... right now all the heat coming off various parts in the case is just baking everything alive. adding fans pushes and moves the air out of the case..

as for that giant gfx cooler. I think its a bit of a weight issue with the PCB board itself. ever snapped a ram stick.. its not hard. same as the motherboard.

I'd start with the fans first... if your feeling lucky applying some thermal paste to the gfx card will help alot.

I'm too lazy to open my box up so I was wondering off hand if anyone knew the Wattage of the power supply of my computer. It's an Acer T135. Currently I have a Geforce FX5500 on it.

I can't really open my case on my computer because my brother smokes in his room (which is on the other side of the wall) and what I do know is that smoke goes through home ventilation systems like grease on wheels. However I constantly have my two fans blowing in my direction (I get hot easily so I like to keep cool) that I feel are doing a good job of cooling the pc off on their own.

I'm too lazy to open my box up so I was wondering off hand if anyone knew the Wattage of the power supply of my computer. It's an Acer T135. Currently I have a Geforce FX5500 on it.

I can't really open my case on my computer because my brother smokes in his room (which is on the other side of the wall) and what I do know is that smoke goes through home ventilation systems like grease on wheels. However I constantly have my two fans blowing in my direction (I get hot easily so I like to keep cool) that I feel are doing a good job of cooling the pc off on their own.

well the smoke is going inside that case also. It's not going to stop the smoke from going inside..

well as for the power supply. I'm guessing its not anything great.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0