• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stridor

Mac Pro graphics card

5 posts in this topic

Mac offers 3 top end graphic card for new Mac Pro that I was considering to get. Any comments on which configuration would work best for WWIIOL:

Nvidia Geforce 7300 GT 256 (x4 meaning they put 4 of them in?)

Ati Radeon X1900 XT 512

Nvidia Quadro FX 4500

The intellification of WWIIOL is still under way, so I would prolly be running WWIIOL from bootcamp for the time being.

Any other major issues that I should be aware of?

Thanks for comments.

Check to make sure boot camp is working with the new Mac Pro. I thought I read somewhere where boot camp was not available for the Mac Pro yet. Seems most folks are buying the 2.66 Mac Pro with the standard card and then opting to add RAM and a better card later. I would go for the ATi x1900 card but it will delay delivery by several weeks if you BTO. I think the Quadro card is better with equation calculations rather than gaming.

Personally I am going to hold off at this point on a new Mac - my G5 is now 2-years old this month. I am waiting to see what comes out in Spring 2007 when Leopard is released. I am also leaning towards (shutter at the thought) at getting PC gaming rig. All I use my G5 for at this point is mainly gaming.

I Stand corrected - looks like boot camp 1.1 is out - line below.

http://www.betanews.com/article/Apple_Releases_Boot_Camp_11_Beta/1155742628

I don't think the pricetag on nVidia's Quadro FX 4500-card justifice the gaming performace you will get on the Mac Pro.

I think the X1900 512MB card is well above the high demands for WWIIOL. The bottleneck isn't the GPU in this case. As Ahwulf wrote in his FPS Primer thread, the problem is the GPU drivers that runs under OS X, and how OpenGL is optimized in OS X. Neither is optimized for gaming.

If I had that amount of money to buy a Quadro card to my Mac Pro just for gaming purposes would I instead buy me a second Gold Builder account to support CRS and WWIIOL. And for the money that is left would I buy stocks in Apple, and be very satisfied with the X1900 card. :cool:

The Quadro is way overkill, the ATI card is probably the best performer, although in the future I'm not sure how AMD-ATI and APPLE+INTEL+NVIDIA will work things out, so I wonder how well supported it will be. Who knows at this point. Boot camp should be working on the MP now.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0