• Announcements

• SNIPER62

64-bit is LIVE   03/27/2020

CHIMM: 64-bit client is now LIVE and Campaign 172 continues!  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killer

Recruitment idea poll

58 posts in this topic

Well the recruit would always be able to leave, and have a LFS tag, or be recruited away in game or go join a friends squad etc.

The 6 people online is just a number, but we wouldn never drop a guy into a squad that isn't online, and 6 seemed like a number that would have some activity going on.

Basic question remains, would your squad check that box?

Good Idea.

Seems like this would help recruits learn about the game a great deal as well as help squads add more killers to their ranks.

Yeah, I think my squad would check the box.

All the 6 spanish squads will sign it, as we dont want to lose any recruit for the other spanish squads!

We like to fight the enemie and between us :)

Gnasche's idea of having a CRS-sponsored "training squad" is excellent.

Lots of good developments would come out of that, including integrating it with the "instant action" button as he mentions.

Presumably players would move from the "training squad" to a player-managed squad after a certain level of training-accomplishment.

A "training squad" would provide CRS with considerably more managerial overview and content input for the newbie integration process.

Regarding the "poll" aspect of this thread...as Gophur obliquely notes, there's no need to try to accomplish a representative squad poll here, when the Squad Summit process already provides an opportunity for concentrated squad leadership access.

Sounds like something 40 commando would be up for - I suspect that squads would need a throttle of some kind in order to prevent them being swamped with new recruits, and a cutoff that could be engaged if they took on a lot of guys at once.

I think gnasche's "official orientation" squads would be better initially though, in order to get all the issues thrashed out before unleashing it onto the squads. Trainers and other volunteers could choose to log in either for regular squad play or N00bsquad duty and maybe earn gametime as a reward.

Would be funny to have players comparing notes on their drill instructors! :D

I can't speak for the 101st (because I am a junior member) but I support the idea and would lobby to have recruits accepted in this way.

However, I think the real issue with play is that the game mechanics are anti-squad.

This appears to be changing with 1.24 and the new squad tab and mission join within that - but there is still a way to go.

If you want people to play as part of a squad then there must be incentives for doing so.

I would suggest some of the following ideas:

1) Divorce RANK from CUMULATIVE KILL SCORE.

Have RANK assigned by squads and HC. (NOTE: I am NOT talking about changing spawn privilages here - so no-one would loose their current ablity to spawn equipment)

I have done a ton of posts on this idea ( a few people even like it!:rolleyes: )- if interested in details do a forum search.

2) Binoculars - everyone has them.

So people do not need to work with others once they have them. Forum search again.

3) Suppression.

If there was some suppression effect from all fire then there would be an incentive to provide cover fire and work as part of an organised team (you would likely live longer). Does not have to be much.

4) New idea - Spawn Timer Bias.

How about weighting the spawn timer based on whether the player is in a squad?

So, squad players would get slightly less than Lone Wolves (by a couple of seconds).

If CRS is serious about this game being squad oriented they must direct gameplay in that direction.

Just ideas.

I agree with many of your points Gyrus, except for allowing squad members to have a reduced spawn timer compared to lone wolves.

Of course, now that I'm a lonewolf again... I'm biased toward lonewolves. :)

Well, my point is simply that CRS control how the game is played.

In 1.23 the gameplay definately did NOT support squad play. I mean - why bother? Look for mission with MSP and spawn in... no squad play required.

In 1.24 the new Squad Spawn option does go some way to encourage people to stay with and play with a squad.

Having Squad Stats would be another idea too.

If you think about that, it actually has no effect on the game itself and yet I bet it would affect how people play. People are funny that way.

It's these little subtle things that CRS can do that will make or break the squads.

Hello Killer

As you know mabye from the Conventions I am no longer very active in BKB as far as in game goes due to be over in the big Sand box :(

A member Clayp has told the Senior members about this idea .I Think WE can have a solid YEa or Nay for you from BKB in 72 hrs or so .We need to bring this to the membership and see what they think .

Personnel I have some questions on who and how but overall I say I would encourge our membership to say yes.

I will call our squad leader and have him bring it to the membership ASAP and ask him to post BKB's Answer

I think its a postive step for the game AS squads has been over the years the life blood of this game in my humble opinion .I hope every squad will at lest give it a honest try.

S!

Proposal has been posted on BKB website. I think this is a good idea and expect to give an answer in 72 hours or so.

I could safely say Luftflotte 6 would check the box Killer, always looking and trying to help out new players to the game. If you need any more co-operation do not hesitate to contact me.

I can't speak for the ANZAC as a whole, so i won't.

But, IMO it would be better to have a new player automatically assigned to a mission that is of the highest strategic importance to the team they choose to sign in as, this 'priority' system is obviously chosen by the HC of each side and can be changed on a whim.

So, the high command within each side determines which objective / mission is of the highest importance, and then if a new player logs in, instead of choosing their own mission to spawn into, the game automatically spawns them into the highest priority mission, with the requested unit type. Obviously, the new player has the option to disbale / enable this feature but i'm sure with a quick writen explination it could be understood as the way to get them into the action quicker and easier. Then from there, they can get to know players within a division / brigade and from the in game squad tags can choose which squad they want to be in.

Basically, I think a new player should understand how the game system works with brigades and deployments before they join a squad because they would be of more value to the side, and would have far more fun as a blue lemming charging toward something, anything, shooting his or her little heart out, than to a squad that is doing tactical movements that this new player knows absolutely nothing about and would just be confused with.

The Queens Royal Regiment actively recruits all new players, irrespective of being on a 14 day trial...and our conversion ratio of retaining trial players to subbed is second to none.

I will definately check the box and help in anyway possible to increase the playerbase and decrease attrition.

Interesting, but as you've said you want to remove squad influence from the game and focus on the Brigade aspect. Why not automatically drop a new player in a Brigade?

Sorry- after lunch naptime for me, I get grumpy about 3pm.

A tentative "Yes" pending CO'S approval.

There is no way in heck my squad would ever use it. Have some flake just show up on our squad channel? Yeah, right.

Perhaps another idea ...

Trainers squad.

Trainers would be able to belong to their own squad, but also a Trainers squad in which every new player would automatically be placed into until they leave the training squad.

Or perhaps a non-squad squad channel. Everyone who is not in a squad tuned with everyone else who is not in a squad. Now that should motivate them to join a squad.:D

I as a squad CO like this....because it will help the new players get hooked up early to learn and participate with a organized unit.

Now if I want full support from my squad there has to be some checks and balances to avoid ...YES that dreaded word....griefs...of the so called second account disruptions...something we all hate to admit but happens.

This is a good thing overall for new players and the squads as well....but I as well as others would like to think there is some checks and balances if we participate, or can there be something added that could avoid this.

My Squad would use it.

Most of our new recruits are New players, so it won't make that much of a difference.

THough maybe giving the new guy a checkbox as well - something along the lines of

: would you like to be placed into an axis squad, or an allied squad?

- may help if squad could declare/change thier side (maybe at each map start)

This is the idea I had:

The very first time a player launch the game, on the persona selection screen, a window should pop up, with about 3 tabs.

Tab 1: "TEXT". The first shown. A text, informing the recruit about the game:

Get the most from BE! Join a Squad

Do you know that this game is a very team encourage one? If you want to get the best from this game, on the next tab, "filters", select your criteria about what squad fits better to you, and see what squads matches with you on the 3rd tab. Then ask them to join and learn the ropes.

Tab 2: "FILTERS"

In this tab, you see some filters, like "spoken language", "country", "playing side/country", "kind of squad". All filters have to have a "no matter" option. Note that there isnt any filter about squad size.

Tab 3: "SQUADS"

In this tab, in alphabetical order, all squad with matched criteria should be shown. When you click on any name, a recruitment text edited by the squad themselfs should appear, and "squad members" and "currently online" info.

A button with "JOIN THIS SQUAD" or "LEAVE ME ALONE" at the bottom.

This window should not pop up later, but everytime a lone wolf press the "my squad" tab on the game.

Hi folks.

I want to float an idea here and get some feedback on whether you folks would use this.

Since we know the game is a team game, and it's a whole different experience in group/squad I've been thinking of ways to change the game from a default solo experience for new players to a default group based experience from the first login.

The idea is this....

When a player first logs in for the first time, why should he not be dropped stright into a squad and see that as the default way the game should be played?

This would involve the following...

Each squad would have a litle check box for accepting recruits under the squad tab in the UI, if you don't want new players don't check the box. You would also have a couple of other things like langauge spoken etc. to help match up new recruits.

If you do check the box, then when a new player logs in, with the same language translation set on his client, and there are 6 or more members currently online in your squad (and presumeably others), and his persons fits (pilot, Navy, Army) he's dropped into your squad when he chooses his first persona and message is sent to him saying he's been assigned to "xx" squad.

A message is sent to everyone in the squad that a new recruit has been assigned, and he can use the new UI to quickly get to the place and mission the squad is on.

I believe this could really help new players get with experiencedgroup and drastically shorten their learning curve, be a lot more fun, match up people of different languages withothers they can communicate with and be better for the game by promoting beter teamwork and tactics.

The most important question we have here is how many squads would participate or accept new recruits, and would it be worth our time and effort to do?

Discuss and thanks...

Not just for new players, but for independant players it would be a great way for them to dynamically attach themselves to groups when they feel like working as a team.

As a fairly longtime player my squad experiences have left a lot to be desired.

Some are good, but only focus on a single area - Like planes.

Some are good, but don't have any involvement in some areas - Like planes or tanks.

Some are good at certain times, but are totally inactive outside of those times.

Some are squads only in name, with neither the numbers to do anything nor effective leadership to make use of what they already have.

I like to do everything in this game based on what is needed, or what I feel like at the time.

I also like to play off and on at varying days or hours, with no pattern.

So or players like me, there's only one real option: Independant play. We have to do the best we can to find organized action by chance or learning to read the map.

What I did on GHC TS was jump in and out of the squads already there, looking for the action at all times and based on what I was interested in doing at the time.

An in-game feature that allows us to officially join into squads would be a great way to facilitate this kind of playstyle for everyone.

Notes on the idea:

1. Filter which squads players are automatically joined to based on how many people are active in a given squad, so players don't get thrust into squads with only a handful of players that aren't doing anything (which would reflect poorly on the game).

2. Give priority to squads which have designated leaders online (let squads designate for this system which players are considered regular leaders of operations).

3. Filter which squads the player joins based on which persona they choose. Allow squads to toggle what aspects of the war they regularly engage in, or what they are currently engaged in, so that an infantry player doesn't get thrown into a dedicated air squad.

4. Allow players to change which squad they were assigned to and pick from a list, showing all the squads which are currently accepting members, how many members of each squad is online, what type of squad they are, whether or not leaders are on, etc.

On a related note:

Give us stats on squads as a whole.

Kills, captures, HC members, total members, active members, active timeframes, etc.

This is vital for the new player who is shopping for a good outfit to join.

It's impossible for a new player to determine what squads are worth joining without being able to look up such information.

Another thing that would aid this kind of dynamic teamwork greatly in in-game voice chat.

But it doesn't have to be a drain on CRS's bandwidth either - You can take the planetside model where individuals host their own squad TS in-game, but the game UI allows people to connect to it automatically, without hassle or delay.

We'd use it if there were an age checkbox added. We only accept squaddies who are 18 or older.

Killer - The Idea and Premise is good.

Everyone will put their two cents in but go for it. Get something down and we can go from there.

Like it (only squad XO by the way - but Lexfire likes it so we good)

As far as the BKB Goes..

Its approved

All the lonewoves have a good point. But I seem to remember that there was annoucenment a long time ago that their days were numbered according to the Vision the CRS once put forward.

If anyone wants to leave my squad because they were "drafted".. that will happen right away.

I think this is a horrible idea. CRS has added the ability for everyone to see who is in what squad, or to see if they are not in a squad just by looking at someone. They have made it easy enough for ANYONE to recruit anybody else and this is as far as it should go. CRS should do nothing and step in on the ability of the squads.

If CRS does this they will kill a lot of competition between squads and it will be bad for the game. Squads spend extra time to find people and to keep them interested in their squad, as you can see some squads have been very succesful at that and are very large and active because of that.

If CRS does this they will only boost smaller squads and murder the larger ones by over time equalizing the numbers and making it impossible for people to recruit. If there are any large squads out there that do not use this, they will be phased out by the system. Smaller squads can cheat corners, fill in extra boxes and be hit more frequent by the server and recieve more recruits. Big squads that are ORGANIZED and actually do real recruiting will be overwhelmed and completely wiped out by this new system. They should not have to change their styles because CRS has changed the system on them.

Out of the 5-6 years the biggest thing that is still alive is the fact that squads are still large, proud and active. CRS should do NOTHING more then they are already doing.

Terrible, TERIRBLE idea and one of the worst ideas I have ever heard of.

Greentags are greentags ... they get more solicitation then a sheep outside of the barracks.

Squad paperwork would be a nightmare. Keeping track of new recruits would be next to impossible. WWII is pay to play, you don’t pay to play in a squad; that is a privilege.

I don’t speak for the 101st, this was all personal opinion.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0