• Announcements

• HEAVY265

Attention Soldiers Operation Fury Needs you!   02/20/2020

Attention All Soldiers, Operation Fury needs you.  You need to choose a side and sign up.  
      For more intel on Operation Fury Please click HERE Please go to Special Event Forum (here), And sign up for allied or axis.
      This will be a CRS Lead event on both sides.  Xoom will be heading up the axis side and Heavy265 will be heading up the Allied side. This will be for bragging rights.
      Why are we asking players to sign up you ask. We are trying for a role play experience.   We want this to be a true realistic event.  
      So get up and sign up and let's make this the best event ever!!!!!!!!!!
      Give me your war cry, grrrrrrrrrrrrr
      Heavy265 **out**
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
douai

drivers

8 posts in this topic

Yup.

First, update your motherboard's chipset drivers (use the Hyperion Pro...first one listed): http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1070

Next, update your video driver: https://support.ati.com

ATI's website sucks because I can't link you directly to the page you need and have it work for you. From that main page, scroll down to the "Most Popular" section and select #2 on the list "Catalyst 6.8 Windows XP - Driver Download".

Your sound driver isn't out of date, or at least I haven't heard of anything new and necessary for the soundblaster drivers.

Hey, douai, let me know if this puts you back to being on par with 1.23.6 performance. The reason is that I'm hearing that players with ATI cards didn't have much, if any, of a performance drop.

no point having the most up to date sound drivers since 3D sound is porked with them, the old drivers on the install disk are much better than the recent ones.

no point having the most up to date sound drivers since 3D sound is porked with them' date=' the old drivers on the install disk are much better than the recent ones.[/quote']

I have found this to be true for the Sound Blaster Live 5.1 aswell. Last 1.5 I have been plagued with CTD and computer freeze up with a sub machine gun noise associated with the freezing.

I back to the orginal drivers and have played since the patch with non of these and an increase in sound quality and abit better FPS!

I have updated drivers, could someone check whether i did it o.k. please, as there is no improvement in fps. I'm only getting 8/9 looking into town. With this system should i expect more?

For some reason it didn't update the AGP driver. Currently you're showing the Microsoft version of the driver:

Name: VIA CPU to AGP Controller

Device ID: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_B188&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_00\3&267A616A&0&08

Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\GAGP30KX.SYS, 5.01.2600.2180 (English), 8/3/2004 23:07:44, 46464 bytes

The one in the download should have updated it. It didn't. Your other onboard VIA drivers did get updated.

Try getting the "Retro chipset VIA 4in1 drivers" on that same page and do a custom install, only selecting the AGP (GART) driver.

It's possible that the ones from Microsoft (in Service Pack 2) are the ones that Via sent them, and are the most appropriate. I'm not positive, since Service Pack 2 was released and started overwriting chipset drivers. I haven't had a VIA chipset in a while.

Updated the agp drivers i hope. Logged in and there was no change in my fps.

It must be something to do with the 1.23 patch which others have been having.

I run a laptop of the same connection and i get similar fps as the desktop, would all of this have anything to do with the connection?

I have broadband.

Thanks for your help, and any other suggestions would be appreciated.

douai

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0